Game crashing when loading savegame

Started by McMasilmof, January 04, 2021, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McMasilmof

This does not happen allways, but i normaly need multiple attempts to load a saved game(if it works at all for a day). Game crashes as soon as the loading has finished with a unity crash popup and the game is closed. I have deactivated all mods(just DLC enabled).
My specs are GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 and CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, crash report is attached.

If you need any additional info contact me, this is making the game not playable for me -.-

Canute

Hi,
Quoteatidxx64.dll caused an Access Violation
ati....dll is your video driver.
You should update that, or when you maybe updated it shortly look for an older driver.

Pheanox

I'm going to move this over to the support forum, though this seems a hardware or driver issue on your end.

McMasilmof

I first thought that updating the drivers fixed my problem, but it only worked on the first try that time, im still getting the same error, i have attached another crash dump(this time with mods, but i dont think thats the problem, as the error looks the same as without mods)

Canute

Sorry, but it is a driver issue is all i can say.
You can try out some older drivers.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

Or maybe try to ask at the AMD or Unity support forums about it.

totalabyss

Same issue for me, I was pointed to this thread .  my paste bin https://pastebin.com/Bjq2JyHj

people keep saying its a videocard issue. But the issue only happens with rimworld. Hopeing rimworld or AMD puts out a fix for this. This is a 500$ video card i am useing. Dont really have the funds to just go out and buy a new card justbecause one game dosnt work 60% of the time. And only when loading a saved game.

Riful

Same issue here with my AMD Radeon RX 5700, hope a solution can be found.

Edit: I've just installed a 6 months old driver and it seems to work.

meathelmet2001