[1.2.2753] Sensory Mechanites and Party event.

Started by Jabberwoky69, January 05, 2021, 09:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabberwoky69

A Colonist with Sensory Mechanites can not attend the Party event when the status of the Sensory Mechanites is "Needs tending now".  The event is ignored and the work schedule priorities operate normally.  If the colonist is tended then they immediately participate in the Party event as normal.

Vanilla Rimworld and Royalty. I do not recall ever using mods (Core and Royalty are the only things listed in the mod menu.)

Canute

Hi,
and where is the bug now ?
You want that someone who need medical tending should allways attend at the party first ?
Sure at the case of any mechanites infection it wouldn't that worse to be treaten after the party but if someone got a bad disease or wounds shouldn't doing party at first.
Someone with higher competenz (You) could decide it and would send the doctor to give them patient the proper medicin so both can enjoy the party.

Jabberwoky69

Unless I misremember, the Party event has always taken priority over health conditions.  I have had colonists bleeding attending the party event previously.  Which would make sense because you can override the party event and manually send colonists for treatment.  There is currently no mechanism to override the tending of Sensory Mechanites and send the colonists to a party.  I have not tested other health conditions during the party recently to see if other conditions are treated with the same priority.

Pheanox

Thank you for the report.  The 'needs tending now' medical function is a bit different from someone with a cut that needs tending.  It more reliably sends someone to a hospital bed.  I'll review it but this is most likely working as intended.