auto saves cause modal popup warning about .old files

Started by SumGie, January 05, 2021, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumGie

Actually, two issues. 

First is that I get a popup modal warning when the game is trying to overwrite one of the five auto-saves.  It is basically reporting that it can't save the .old file because one already exists by that name, I think.  Steps I took: Deleted the saves folder and remade it.  Played with no mods until saves 1 through 5 had been saved.  As soon as it tries to overwrite number 1 again, it pops up the error.  Error is repeated about 80% of the time when overwriting one of the five auto saves, or when overwriting a manual save.  Uninstalled steam, and all steam games on the computer.  Reinstalled.  Repeated with no mods.  Still happens.  Turned off steam cloud services because another user suggested that.  Didn't help.

Second issue, which may not be with the core game: Using a mod which adds music files (they say it does nothing else) I get a red error line on startup that states there are too many copies of "meadow."  This can be closed, and does not seem to affect anything in game.  The files still play. Not sure if that error will be in the log.

Canute

Hi,
i am pretty sure the issue with .old files is at your mashine only.
Rimworld can create/read/save files without problems but not delete.
Try to delete the top folder Ludeon Studios (you can backup Config folder if you like), maybe there are some wrong flag's set and all the child folder get it too.
But beside that i don't have any idea.

I don't see any error about music/meadow.
Maybe you should ask/look at the mod discussion of that mod.

But
Could not load reference to Verse.ResearchProjectDef named FSFRegularGardenSoil
Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named RB_CryptosleepCasket

And you don't got any mod's active at this time, then there shouldn't be any error's.
Maybe you should delete the Data folder inside the rimworld installation (not the Rimworld..._data) and let steam reinstall/verify it. Uninstall don't delete old surplus files, but rimworld browser through them.
Maybe they come from the custom scenario you made together with some mods.

Pheanox

Another issue here could be user account control permissions.  You could try running RimWorld in admin mode to see if that resolves the issue.  I'm moving this thread to the Support forum.