Question: DoT exists?

Started by Somz, August 13, 2014, 01:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somz

Hey folks,
I've been thinking about adding a type of weapon that aside from dealing damage, would also apply a DoT (damage over time) effect, like the incendiary launcher.

Does it exist already?
If not, does anyone know if an effect like this exists, that I could use as the foundation to create a few toxic weapons, as simply as the incendiary launcher applies the burning effect? Without the flames and panic effects of course, a plain old DoT.
Unfortunately I'm not exactly a modder, I can hardly play around with text documents,
so creating it on my own or modifying .dll files is pretty much impossible... :-\
Could I use something for this? 
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

ZestyLemons

It'd be totally possible, and the easiest way would probably to copy the fire code and make start at size 1.0 and extinguish itself over time to 0.0, but that obviously requires some assembly code. Sorry.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Somz

Quote from: ZestyLemons on August 13, 2014, 03:15:07 AM
It'd be totally possible, and the easiest way would probably to copy the fire code and make start at size 1.0 and extinguish itself over time to 0.0, but that obviously requires some assembly code. Sorry.

Bleh...Yeah, thought as much. Any mods utilizing something like this or something similar?
To beer or not to beer.

mrofa

Its a bit more complext on its own and now with medical system its even more complex :p
It would be more helpfull if you would specify more what that dot would do compare to fire effect.
All i do is clutter all around.

Somz

Quote from: mrofa on August 15, 2014, 05:12:48 PM
Its a bit more complext on its own and now with medical system its even more complex :p
It would be more helpfull if you would specify more what that dot would do compare to fire effect.

Damage pawns over time for a fixed duration (with or without the possibility of ending the effect prematurely), maybe miscellaneous like movement impairing effect, aim loss etc, but that is, again, would be something extra.

Like fire, a simple (slightly more) damaging effect, without the panic effect and fire textures.

Or something like that. ^^
To beer or not to beer.

mrofa

Did look abit on assembly side of medical stuff, and yehh it would be possible, you could even specify what body parts are damaged.
All i do is clutter all around.