Red errors 'failed to get meta data from active mod' . others.'

Started by lileccy, January 08, 2021, 10:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lileccy

hey guys kind new to modding here but over the last 3 months i've been getting back to rimworld alot more. i've been playing a few times now where the screen would go completly black but the game would continue running, sometimes i can't fix it so thats game over but other time i reload an earlier autosave and its fine.

my mail issue i think is with Prison labor it also causes the screen to go black.
anyway i've attched today log but i'm not sure how to inturpt it

heres the full log
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/f8ad9afd0aa322e379863deac844c9d2

PrisonLaborWarning: Harmony patch failed to find "AddScrollToPrisonerTab2" fragment.
Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch2(String, Boolean)
PrisonLabor.HarmonyPatches.HPatcher:Init()
PrisonLabor.Initialization:.cctor()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(IntPtr)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll()
Verse.<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1(Root)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Canute

Hi,
the first thing that jump at my eye when i open the log.
Harmony isn't at top.
You should hit the Mod sort button, to fix potention conflicts with mod dependies.
If that didn't fix the problem, you maybe should directly ask at the Prison labor discussion.

Then you should cleanup your Mods folder from old mods and wrong installed mods.
When you use the workshop, just delete the Mods folder at the installation. Subscribed mod should be copied at the next rimworld start again to Mods.
I notice "(fluffy.pharmacist_copy)" maybe you wanted a local copy, but i think something goes wrong, with all these warnings (line 3287 to 3619 at the log).

And you should avoid mods that throw out errors like
QuoteXML error: Could not register node named "BaseFragGrenadeProjectile" in mod LeFaux.RedDawnSovietMultiKit because this name is already used in this mod.
something isn't working correct anyway, so avoid it.