Idea for New Raid Type: Hit and Run

Started by kclace, January 20, 2021, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kclace

I realized the game could really benefit from some new raid types. Here is my idea.

Hit and Run: The raiders are all armed with single use missile weapons (triple rocket and doomsday rocket launchers). The raiders objective is to launch their weapons, causing as much damage as possible, and then run away. Unlike other raid types, these raiders will target your buildings/walls in a similar way that sappers work. I.E. not auto pathing to nearest pawn.

Since the raider's objective will end relatively quickly, this raid type would cost less points than other raid types, the idea being that you might see this raid type mid game instead of late game when you would normally expect to see these weapons.

AWildman

I'd like to see some variation in raider objectives. As it is at the moment they only seem to want to cause damage at random. I think it'd be neat if they targeted a specific pawn for kidnapping so you had to protect (or choose to surrender) that pawn. Or maybe they want to steal one of your legendary items or something.

cynthiamiller

QuoteI think it'd be neat if they targeted a specific pawn for kidnapping so you had to protect (or choose to surrender) that pawn. Or maybe they want to steal one of your legendary items or something.

On one side I would also want the same cause waiting for ransom demand is just useless. On the other hand those tiny things rimworld is kicking you in the face seems to create atmosphere.