Buildings were removed after save file would not load

Started by Petter_The_Man, January 22, 2021, 04:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petter_The_Man

1. I was loading my permadeath saved game.

2. An error message occured saying that there was an error while loading the map. I tried loading my other saved games and they worked fine. I then checed the save filed and found that the end of it was wierd. There was written many "NUL" at the end of the save file (See google disk at bottom of post). I used Notepad++ to see the .rws file. I then removed all the "NUL" and wrote the end of the file as any other save file (See disk). I could then load my game, but when I entered the game, all of the buildings and walls that I had built were gone. Everything else was still there. I can now play the game normally on this save file, except my base is gone.

3. I expected my game to save and load normally without any issue.

4. I don't know how to recreate this bug. I just tried to load the game normally. It might just be a corruptet save file from me not waiting until the game was finished saving, but I don't remember doing that. This is also the first time this has happend to me. I usually play the game in french, but last time i played on that file, I played in english. After that it has not worked. I don't know if that has anything to do with the error though.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X50ZFUEYo7ess9DG8N4n5XMkzp7t1CR9?usp=sharing

Canute

QuoteThere was written many "NUL" at the end of the save file
This can happen when you turn off the mashine to early after or during the safeprocess.
Or when the file got corrupt at any other case.

If you compare the filesize of your both safegames, you will notice that the one you removed the "null" should be significat shorter then the other.

You should be more careful, don't just turn off the power and use the shutdown of your OS.