Rimworld Crashing after 2-5min of booting unity 2019.2.17f1_8e603399ca02

Started by Robot182, January 25, 2021, 06:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robot182

Hi all

I have an issue that Rim world keeps crashing no matter what I do.
I have verified my files unstalled and reinstalled tried different versions of the game and removed all mods I don't know what else I can try?

Below are my PC specs not sure if that matters

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Ram 32G Corsair Max Bandwidth   DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz)
MotherBoard ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING (AM4)
GPU AMD Radeon RX 6800

I have also attached a pic of the error

Canute

Hi,
we need some more informations. The logfile (player.log) would be helpful.
Read the sticky "How to report a bug" to locate the logfile for you OS and attach it to your answer, you need to use the Reply button first to see file attachment options.

Since there was some reports about the RX 5700 videocard, did you update your video driver shortly ?
In this case could you try to rollback or use an older driver to check if that helps.
Refering to this posting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/ic6s59/radeon_software_conflicting_with_unity_games/
try to uninstall the Radeon software or disable it.

Robot182

Hey

I do apologise for not including the log files I have now done so and I have also included the crashes folder. 

In terms of drivers, I have recently bought this GPU and its the first time I am trying to boot up rim world with it.
I did read some forms and they did mention it might be the Radeon software so I used DDU to uninstall the drivers and when reloaded them I just installed the drivers on there own so I don't have the Radeon software running on PC, but sadly its still crashing.

Hope you are able to help me

Canute

Ah ok a real rimworld/unity crash.
After investigating with the error
"d3d11 failed to create rendertexture error 0x887a0005"
I think it is a driver issue.
There isn't much you can do, beside to play around with driver versions or hope for a new one.

Robot182

Dame that sucks thanks for looking into though guess I will go play around with older drivers and see if something sticks

Pheanox