UI Bug with Intel UHD GPU

Started by julitoole, January 26, 2021, 09:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julitoole

Hello fellow Rimworlders,
my GPU gave up on me these last days and I still wanna enjoy it with my integrated GPU which is a intel UHD 630 and it works fine. but there is a weird bug that some textures are just white it can be ignored in a lot of cricumstances while still being annoying but at the schedule Tab its getting to the point of being an issue, as all the colors of work, sleep, anything, meditation are just white.
As this hapens with every new save game and every previous I load with or without mods, I figure it has to be some kind of bug.
So if it wasnt clear this wasnt the case with my dedicated GPU still working.

The CPU in question is a I7-8770K with the newest driver installed which is 27.20.100.9168
Pls someone have some help for me just wanna enjoy some cozy rimworld as I dont go far with that integrated GPU

thanks in advance guys
PS: The logs dont show anything really

Canute

Hi,
not every GPU works (anymore) with the current rimworld unity grafic engine.
There is nothing the Rimworld dev's could do.
Since the latest driver didn't help, the only way is to look at the intel support and ask there.

Pheanox

Unfortunately with the Unity update that came with 1.1 some GPUs were indeed made obsolete.  I'll move this to the 'Support' forum just in case you can get better help there.

julitoole

Ok, thanks for moving it.
Sad that it cant be fixed easily...

brownbreadjupiter

This is still an issue on Intel driver v27.20.100.9316. (i5-1135g7, Xe graphics)

Any idea what specifically is causing this? Can it not be reported to Unity/Intel or at least workedaround in game.
If not the game should maybe have a warning on store page that it cannot be played properly on intel iGPUs.

Canute

It isn't the game or untiy (game engine) fault, when the developer of your videocard stop supporting things.

Quote from: cashmoney006 on April 09, 2021, 06:04:07 PM
I've had this exact problem, you need to change your drivers to a previous version. Ill try to find which version.
EDIT:
If you have an intel graphics card, go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29988/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
It and download the exe version of the 27.20.100.8935 driver. It worked for me at least.

brownbreadjupiter

Regardless for a game like Rimworld I expect a large number of people will buy the game wanting to play on integrated graphics (Not to mention intel supposed dedicated gpu if it comes out). This effects not just old CPUs but the latest ones too.

If the game will not support intel iGPUs then the requirements on the store pages should really be updated to reflect this.

Canute

That your opinion.
I would say there is a bug at the iGPU video driver. Old driver works fine it is only the newer ones which cause the problem.

Ark

julitoole

Hey I am so sorry guys I forgot my manners and didnt tell you that indeed with a update to the Intel Video driver the issue indeed was fixed to the full extend.
Which exactly I can not tell but the Number from ARK seemed familiar.

still thanks to anyone who made the effort to discuss further.