Just a note to new players to A:6; Bullets carry death sentences.

Started by Ramsis, August 13, 2014, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murhe

Does permanent wounds reduce selling price of your prisoners? You could capture unproductive colonist and sell him when next slave ship arrives. I hope we get surgeries and cybernetic prosthesis available in next update. Meantime someone could mod surgery table for us.

psilous

Quote from: REMworlder on August 13, 2014, 02:35:26 PM
!!!!

How does clothing work in regards to cutting down on damage? I don't suppose armor would help some against instadeath.

Tynan has said we can expect an update on this for A7, clothing currently hasn't been tweaked to deal with new damage system

UrbanBourbon

What about melee combat? Is it... delightfully dangerous as well, or does it remain simplistic? Is a skilled melee fighter more likely to cause more serious injuries? Is a skilled melee fighter more likely to avoid serious injuries in melee?

Rahjital

Combat wasn't changed at all, just the way injuries are registered. Though you can end up with interesting wounds in melee, such as 'crushed heart'. :)

Splinterbee

2 of my colonists were shot in the head and the last one lost his eyes from ONE bandit on randy random. of course he had an uzi tho
Video games, are pretty good

DeltaV

I would like to note that this is an amazing improvement on the game, because it really helps get you emotionally attached to your colonists. Back when they were bullet sponges you hardly felt much when the took damage, but now a single shot can turn them from 'super-duper-colonist-maximus' to 'vegetable' in a few seconds.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

longbyte1

Not to mention that one guy reported that one of his colonists' hands got torn off because of a single rock. Beware of the lucky dice roll.

putsam

One of my guys got his eyes bitten out by a squirrel He still shoots

Sepkan

DeltaV

Probably the worst job nowadays for my poor settlers is the position of anti-siege-sniper. I get two guys in power armor and send them out to try to disrupt mortar firing and pick off besiegers. But occasionally the enemy will get a lucky shot in of its own, and then it seems like ninety percent of the time a leg goes flying and I've lost one of my best shots.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Rahjital on August 13, 2014, 11:51:46 AM
Quote from: Halinder on August 13, 2014, 11:42:25 AM
Well mechanoids are going to /suck/..

Inferno cannons were nerfed because the change made them truly terrifying weapons, but otherwise the health is a double-edged sword for them. Centipedes still take ages to kill, but the damage effects mean they slow down greatly when damaged (and they can also be incapacitated now). Scythers are awful due to their range and accuracy.

There is also new EMP mortars. I haven't seen them in action yet, but they should make the use of artillery against them easier.

*Cough* Mechanoid Headshot. *Cough*
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Flarestarchild

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on August 13, 2014, 12:01:10 PM
And the most fun about those ripped off etc. stuff is: You CAN'T heal them, you have no means to replace a lost limb! Arm shot off: Can still work but EXTREMELY slow! Leg shot off: Movement EXTREMELY slow! Just pray that none of your ppl ends up with both arms Or legs shot off, it's like they are dead but they still eat (usefullness wise)

I wish there was a medical research tree so we can make artificial limbs, eyes, brain parts, lungs, etc. I have a guy who just sits in his bed, useless because his left leg got shot off and he cant move... I may as well just sell him since he cant do anything. :(

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Flarestarchild on August 14, 2014, 12:59:49 AM
Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on August 13, 2014, 12:01:10 PM
And the most fun about those ripped off etc. stuff is: You CAN'T heal them, you have no means to replace a lost limb! Arm shot off: Can still work but EXTREMELY slow! Leg shot off: Movement EXTREMELY slow! Just pray that none of your ppl ends up with both arms Or legs shot off, it's like they are dead but they still eat (usefullness wise)

I wish there was a medical research tree so we can make artificial limbs, eyes, brain parts, lungs, etc. I have a guy who just sits in his bed, useless because his left leg got shot off and he cant move... I may as well just sell him since he cant do anything. :(

Artificial limbs are in A7, according to Tynan, so let's assume it's roughly a month-long 'research' until we have that technology :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

EmmaWayne

its hard but it is awesome :D all those injuris^^ :D cut of, shot out, crushed... muhaa :P

my first sniper lost his left arm in a epic fight with a squirrel^^
second sniper: "sight = none" both eyes crushed... dunno why :D

but both of them are still oneshot heros^^

it is heartbreaking and awesome at the same time if you dont have 10.000 pawns
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!