Rimworld crashing to desktop on game load - Linux

Started by Skaboomatude, February 04, 2021, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skaboomatude

I have Rimworld on steam.  I haven't been able to play on my Laptop or Desktop both running Manjaro.  On the laptop it will just sit on loading forever (I let it go for 11 hours before killing it, on desktop it crashes after about 1min of loading (spawning things).
When I try to load a save it crashes to desktop while "spawning things" and when I create a new game it crashes to desktop when loading the colony (spawning things).

I am not having this issue with other games.

Troubleshooting steps I have tried and failed with:

• Uninstalling/Reinstalling
    Deleting all mods
    running in windowed/not windowed
    verifying game files
    restarting the computer(s)

Canute

Hi,
you should try out.
Deactivate all mods (you can keep Harmony and Hugslib) and start a new colony (you can use the hugslib feature quickstart).
Check if it works well, safe and load the game.
Then you can be sure the vanila gameplay run's well and it is a mod issue.
When you even got problem's with the vanilla gameplay, did you delete the installation folder and maybe the saved data Config folder (sorry no idea where it is located at Linux, but check the buttons at the option menu) after the uninstall ? Sometimes some old version files are leftover which the uninstall don't delete.
Or it could be a videodriver issue, but since you tried it on 2 mashines i don't think you have the same card on both, then i think that isn't the problem.

If you can't fix it with that hints, try to file attach the player.log to your answer, maybe that show some useful information.

Skaboomatude

@Canute

Thanks, I found the culprit and unsubscribed from it.