Problem with Rimworld

Started by Anakin85, February 05, 2021, 11:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anakin85

Guys hello to all here too, as I anticipated in the presentation thread I joined this forum because i'm having some problems with Rimworld and I would like to understand how to solve them.
I apologize in advance because I will be long-winded and I don't even write well in English (I help myself with a translator) but unfortunately the situation is complicated (and also quite absurd)
so I don't know how to solve it if not looking for help, I thought of this forum because it is the reference forum of the producers of the game itself so maybe someone here could know how to help me.
I will try to explain everything from the beginning.
A couple of weeks ago I bought a digital copy of Rimworld from the Steam store along with the Royalty DLC.
I installed and started the game and downloaded a list of mods that worked fine and did not return any kind of problem.
After that I started a game that I carried on quietly until about 60 hours of play.
At some point something happened to my pc...my steam account got disconnected from the client and then I realized that I was connected from the web (and that I was not in the game). I realized that I was logged in from the web (and not from the client as I usually do) with a completely different user name from mine which was identified by a long series of numbers.
I disconnected that account from the steam website and reconnected using my client credentials. Later, however, I realized that something was wrong with the game from that moment on....
Initially, despite the strange situation related to access to steam from my browser I thought it might be an incompatibility
between the mods that I had installed (there were about 100) from the steam workshop but later I could verify by deleting all the subscriptions of the mods that it was not absolutely so and that the problems remained even without any mod.
What was wrong was that the "Rim" during the game suddenly did not move on screen following the programming of the work I configured for each of them and indeed I could see them literally sleeping for at least a couple of minutes inside the game map in a specific point without even being able to act on them ... after a couple of minutes they seemed to wake up and then they would start a routine that did not correspond to the one assigned to them. The only remedy I found was to pause the game, demobilize the rim (recalling it as if there was an impending raid) and then re-enable it, repeat the process, and then start the game again. Then rehabilitate it, repeat the job programming and finally put the game back in play. In this way but only after doing all this, after a few seconds
they returned to move and to do what I had established in the work sheet. You can understand how only this made it impossible to play and all this was repeated at each cycle of  24 hours spent inside the game ... in summary, every day after sleeping, the rim woke up and began to move as if I had not assigned them any task or performing those tasks that I had not assigned to them, "this should be done".
I had not assigned them, "this should be impossible".
In addition to this as if that were not enough I have witnessed the appearance of crazy animals a few steps from a Rim that was for example cutting plants and all this did not happen only once but repeated itself within a few minutes several times and a few minutes from the beginning of the game. These situations in particular occurred so many times that I was forced to think that it was not a random event.
I tried everything...reinstalled the game and tried installing only single mods... but nothing .... I switched to installing only the vanilla version but nothing changed then either. I decided to restart the game several times and entering the creation screen of a colony I noticed another thing quite abnormal ... in practice in the screen after the selection of the narrator the SEED of the game world that should be completely random began to repeat the strange words that do not correspond at all to the random words that usually
found in that field.
At that point I did several tests to randomize the sequence by clicking on the appropriate button and I realized that it is no longer a random seed  but always the same sequence of strange words that repeats itself endlessly....there will be about twenty words that repeat themselves and it doesn't come out  no longer come out a really random word as it did before.
Now I know this may sound crazy but I find myself with this problem and I think someone has infected my account permanently (or something similar) making it impossible to play the product. I've been trying to write to steam i've tried to write to steam to try to get to the bottom of it, especially reporting the issue of the fake account that I found connected from the steam website, and I've been getting emails in response even at 2am on my email for about 3 days in a row about the fact that these messages that I sent to me the mail address seems correct, more than anything else I had googled it: [email protected]
At this point I even formatted my computer and reinstalled everything including Rimworld and to my surprise nothing to do ...
the game continues to have the same problems and this makes it impossible to play it. I don't know what I can do.
I wanted to know where is the part of the game code that manages the creation of a game and maybe try to understand if there is something physical that I can do acting on those files. Otherwise any advice is welcome as long as it is concretely useful to solve the problem.

I thank in advance anyone who will have the patience to read me and try to help me.

Haplo

Hi Anakin,

I'm not sure I understand it fully, but I have a few points for you to try:
1) Go into Steam and check the files for errors:
Right click RimWorld -> Settings -> Local Files -> Check game files..
2) Manually delete RimWorld and reinstall it
-> Steam installation: ..\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld
-> Delete this folder completely
If it exists, delete this folder:
C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios
-> Repeat step 1 (it will re-download all files)
-> Lastly, delete all downloaded mods:
-> Steam installation: ..\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\...
-> Now start RimWorld

If this still does not work, then you may have caught something outside of RimWorld that modifies RimWorld while it runs.
Though I'm not sure what that might be, but sounds like a virus or something similiar.