Grey Screen Of Death

Started by FlashRabbit, February 10, 2021, 03:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlashRabbit

Hi ! I played RimWorld for a while (+1100 hours) with hundred of mods, without any trouble. Recently I started a New Colony, with some of my usual mods, and suddenly the screen turned grey (like the fog of war color), only some HUD elements remained visible.
If I pause the game, then everything turns visible... till I press play again.
I tried to proceed by elimination, removing almost all my mods.
Till I got a stable setup with just a few. ( Harmony, hugslib, EDB Prepare Carefully, map reroll, reinforced walls/doors.. as i remember)
Then I starded a new game with only few mods that I supposed to be okay, and some others I downloaded after the bug (So they could not cause it, right?) These new ones are all about medieval reconversion and LOTR.
And yes, the grey screen came back.

I suspect JecsTools (unofficial) to be guilty, but I'm a noob so... ^^
I got the log from Hugslib (ctrl+f12) just after the bug happened :
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/bbb982da2cbce01f82e41fd0191cbcd0

I tried to be as much detailed as I could, thank you in advance for reading this, sorry for my English and wish you a good day/night :)

PS : The Bug only happens after a while. It can be early, or take hours. So I had no time yet to test every mod one by one sry :/

Canute

Hi,
at first i wouldn't play the beta version with mods. That could cause unexpected problems since the mod's arn't tested with that version.
The repeating error is all about Kuecker and his hair "Verse.PawnGraphicSet.HairMatAt_NewTemp ".
Since you don't use any Hair mod (i think) it is maybe a race thing.
But i can't specify any mod.

But at first i would try to rollback to 1.2 and check if that helps.
When the problem happen right from the start of a new colony, you can disable mod and check with a new colony start (Quickstart feature top right icon) if the problem is gone.

FlashRabbit

Hello thanks for your reply.
I did not even know I was on a beta version  ??? I will check this out.
I was using tons of hair/face mods but I removed them all after this bug. Maybe "Human & Alien races 2.0" but it seemed to me that the grey screen occured even without this mod.

I will try a roll back then, it never happened to me before, so it must resolve the problem. Thanks !