[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Skynert

Quote- Remove highly imbalanced production buildings such as Black Hat stations and rework them for later

I dont need ballance, I need money ;/

Chicken Plucker

SA80 this morning. I could've done M82A1, P90, AK47 or some other popular weapon but I thought.. "Why should I prioritize the others before Queen and country?"

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

Quote from: Skynert on February 16, 2021, 09:32:34 AM
Quote- Remove highly imbalanced production buildings such as Black Hat stations and rework them for later

I dont need ballance, I need money ;/

Has to be reworked properly my friend, I'm thinking accumulating silver in an off-shore account that can be withdrawn with the withdrawal time having some kind of 3 day or so delay.

MrBriggs18

Well, those gun textures definitely look so much better than they used to. That was my main complaint about any of your mods.

Chicken Plucker

Team Wendy EXF Balaclava

Peltor Optime II Ear Defenders

Modularity is the name of the game. What I wanna find out is whether or not we can play with headgear layers and allow players to have all kinds of configurations with different accessories. The only lead I have on this if the Vanilla Expanded Gasmask which can be worn under helmets. We'll find out if this is possible eventually.

Got stuff to do today, will get back to work on these mods later.

Quote from: MrBriggs18 on February 17, 2021, 05:05:45 AM
Well, those gun textures definitely look so much better than they used to. That was my main complaint about any of your mods.

Thanks my friend  8)

Rocket_Raccoon

Can´t have too many sa80 variants.
An l98a1 would be neat :p

Do you plan on scratching camo patterns/uniform variants from red horse v2?
if so, having one gorka in camo would maybe an idea. From my mind you have duplicate plain gorka variants. So one could still be a plain gorka  and another a gorka e from sso f.e
Also, I assume you won´t delete red horse v1 so one can continue to use it on older saves?

The modularity would be awesome. Potentially saves item duplicates and very neat feature.
On a side note regarding ak 47: type 56 or akm would be way more usefull since the real world original ak and s-variant was, compared to type 56 and akm(s), way less produced.

Greetings and stay healthy!

Chicken Plucker

Today's goal:
MTEK FLUX Ballistic helmet
Patriot Ghost plate carrier (currently in progress)
Another weapon, most likely either M82A1, AK47 or P226

If headgear modularity is possible then I'm doing eye pros (aka eye protection, just sounds ally to say it that way) as well so we can have the whole shebang. Body armour and harness modularity is already possible. I wanna know if backpacks as an extra layer will be easy. Either way I want this done and it's a mission of mine.

After all of that we can think about trousers and onskins and whether or not I'm not gonna do outfits anymore. You guys don't mind outfits right?

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on February 17, 2021, 07:23:09 AMCan´t have too many sa80 variants.
An l98a1 would be neat :p

Do you plan on scratching camo patterns/uniform variants from red horse v2?
if so, having one gorka in camo would maybe an idea. From my mind you have duplicate plain gorka variants. So one could still be a plain gorka  and another a gorka e from sso f.e
Also, I assume you won´t delete red horse v1 so one can continue to use it on older saves?

The modularity would be awesome. Potentially saves item duplicates and very neat feature.
On a side note regarding ak 47: type 56 or akm would be way more usefull since the real world original ak and s-variant was, compared to type 56 and akm(s), way less produced.

Greetings and stay healthy!

Camo versions are not getting scrapped at all, as for weapons things like Type 56 and AKM, I don't mind having cause they're technically different weapons. My thing was wanting to avoid 10 different M4s again. We can still have desert eagle and a gold version but I don't want something like what we had in v1.

I don't want to take down the originals especially since people aren't done playing with them, I also haven't finished Red Horse 2 so there's no reason to take that stuff down. What may likely happen is me abandoning support for those mods when 1.3 or some other new update comes and we're far ahead in terms of RH2

I'm trying to do at least 1 weapon a day guys but I'm covering a lot of things at once so progress is good but slow considering the sheer amount of things that need remastering

Chicken Plucker

Anyway back to mods

Done the Hulk view of the Patriot Ghost plate carrier. Made a new type of magazine pouch that also doubles as a utility pouch.

I have a question for you good tacticool folks:
What do you guys think about the pouch? I mean it is a pouch people do use, not sure if it fits on this type of body armour. Usually if someone buys an armour like this, they may not go for a velcro pouch cause they wanna look ally AF but that doesn't mean someone won't prefer them.

Please lemme know on the post below, otherwise I'll keep it.

EDIT:

Peltor ear def front and back texture improved

Wavy Neptune

Excellent work CP, can't wait to see the done product. Tynan should definitely hire you.

Chicken Plucker

Got started on Camelbak Motherlode. I've been dreading to do the most popular stuff I.E. Camelbak, Flyye, Crye and Ops Core cause I get obsessive about getting all their stuff right. I'm happy with the current results. The DDT Ghost plate carrier is pretty much done, just need resizing for all body types.

First attempt to make headgear modular was a failure, tried ApparelLayerDefs and made my custom layers. Sadly those only work for body apparel, not headgear.

Just used the overhead layer for the headgear and it worked! The headgear still have their own bodypartgroups which is what allows them to be worn together. Now the problem for the ear defenders?

They render above helmets. If I do not use this code: <hatRenderedFrontOfFace>true</hatRenderedFrontOfFace> your pawns will go bald. This code is what's causing the issue, so it will always be prioritized to render above the helmet. Pain in the butt.

Can't hire taranchuk this time, cause it's "transpiler" related which he says he doesn't know how to do. Stuck on this problem at the moment.

Quote from: Wavy Neptune on February 17, 2021, 05:45:18 PM
Excellent work CP, can't wait to see the done product. Tynan should definitely hire you.

Thanks Neptune! I just got finished writing this new post before you replied, some frustrating results but some good progress being made

Chicken Plucker

So finished the DDT Ghost plate carrier and the Motherlode.

Motherlode is very cool.

Guess what else I finished? Coding so I can release the clothing demo tonight. Yuh-uh.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Goodnight, please give us some feedback
Notes:
- Removed Peltor ear defenders for now, all the other apparel worked on in this thread are there

Edit:

Updated and changed EXFIL Ballistic helmet label, gonna have to work on descriptions and labels later. Too tired. 5AM haven't slept, got work tomorrow, assuming it's PT and freakin' 4PM CQB lesson gg ez

Update 2
Flyye Tomahawk and Maxpedition backpack west and east views fixed to be more centered

Update 3
Fixed Maxpedition and Tomahawk backpack being way off on east view

Chicken Plucker

Remington 870 MCS

Trying to get stuff done today but I'm needed here and there. Still need to do a 4 miler today and sort food out. Roh-jah (roger)

Also working on a new FLUX helmet, taking its sweet time cause obviously it's not easy and I got other things today.

Chicken Plucker

Mod Idea Pitch:
"[RH2] Job Applications" (Name is subject to change)

• You have access to the Comms Console, and a new option to open "Rimdeed" is available
  • Rimdeed allows you to seek new applicants for the small fee of $5000 (price subject to change)
  • Not all details are revealed about the applicant
  • Applicants have randomized text describing themselves
  • Applicants may come from any faction including modded
  • Max 3 applicants per request

Concept UI for Indeed Rimdeed webpage

You spend the silver to seek out new pawns

After 1-3 days a notification letter pop ups "Job applications ready!" and clicking the letter opens this screen.
You may accept more than one applicant, after hiring them, they will arrive within 1-3 days.

• Screen displays max of 2 skills the pawn is passionate with
  • May or may not show their incapability
  • Has random text to describe themselves, gonna have fun with this feature cause they will say silly things to "sell" themselves

That's my pitch, budget for this commission to be coded by Taranchuk can reach around $100 but he says minimum it'll take is 5 hours so that means $50. I had to seriously consider this cause we all like prioritizing bills and food over mods, so I'll leave the pitch here and see what you all think. Perhaps even better, not that I'm pressuring any of you, that some sugar daddy will decide "yeah go on lad, witness me" and offer putting some funds in. I'll repeat, I do recommend you prioritize your bills, your family and yourself so please don't feel obligated to help with this project.

That's it guys, will continue with the things I can do. I'm only fishing to see how much support this can get within this tacticool community we have (if we have one) since we have like 5 guys and one of them is yourself reading this.

Glock 34 Combat Master, in case you're a retired professional assassin who loses his/her dog in a home invasion, and you have to make those raiders pay.

STI 2011 Combat Master, pistol used by John Wick in John Wick 3

MP5. CQB Train does not stop here

Eickhorn Recondo IV combat knife

Rocket_Raccoon

Not sure if I can vote but since today I don´t feel so much like myself, I´ll do it anyway.
The job thing sounds fun. Which specific skill stats would be known?

And dropping it casually here, g36 full length or k version would be dope. *cough*

Chicken Plucker

Only progress today:

Almost done with FLUX Ballistic helmet, very time consuming to do them compared to the old style since these need more detail

Considering to redo the EXF balaclava, this one is the 5.11 balaclava.

Got in trouble today, missed a meeting I should've known about at 0930 and didn't have a great time getting work parade and a bit of a chewing out. It's a hit to the morale, spent the rest of the day sleeping. Trying to save money too see, so I didn't really have a proper meal all day. Didn't do too great. Still getting used to this life and having to look out for myself, it's not easy at all

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on February 19, 2021, 12:01:18 PM
Not sure if I can vote but since today I don´t feel so much like myself, I´ll do it anyway.
The job thing sounds fun. Which specific skill stats would be known?

And dropping it casually here, g36 full length or k version would be dope. *cough*

I may just do the normal G36C my friend, but thank you for the suggestion, have considered it and may do it next if I don't do anything else. Current plan is to build up the apparel but it's taking ages cause they're the hardest to make

Here's a KABAR before I go for the day

Rocket_Raccoon

Well, I will never really get what people seem to have with the c version of the g36  :P
Kabar looks very nice, can´t have enough pointy things to pacifiy :)