[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
1 (33.3%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (66.7%)
XOF
0 (0%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Chicken Plucker

With the world's best and brightest failing to defend against the mechanoid threat, a plan B to evacuate all of Earth's remaining people began. Reverse engineered space flight technology was used to find a new world. Plans to colonize and rebuild what was lost kicked off immediately, but someone had to draw the short straw and land boots first in order for the rest of the survivors to get a clear picture of what's on the ground.

Lt. Col. Colbourne

One Leftenant Colonel Coulbourne, awarded with the Victoria Cross during the mechanoid invasion founded 27 Expeditionary Force, a joint effort consisting of Force Recon, MARSOC and other multi-national forces trained in reconnaissance and unconventional warfare. Their job is to gather intelligence of the hostile forces and local populations before refugees can begin to settle in this brave new rimworld.

Calling card of the unit, 2-7 is the worst playing hand in Texas Hold Em' Poker.

After much sacrifice and pioneering the way for other Coalition forces to begin their separate operations, leadership quickly fell apart. A scandal broke out regarding most of the remaining world leaders striking a deal with the Fallen Empire to give them and their families refuge and a life of luxury in exchange of having thousands of refugees from their own nations as slaves. The deal was signed under the guise of relations with the faction. From there all remaining military forces including 27 have struggled to continue and finish their mission due to contradicting orders and lack of firm leadership. Some refugees have since joined outlander factions and pirate bands in the hopes of finding a new life for themselves, losing faith in their own rulers.

27 logo, consisting of the Force Recon wings, Commando dagger and MARSOC raider insignia.

27 Expeditionary Force has controversially been known to have begun recruiting outside of the ranks of enlisted Coalition forces, it is said by Lt. Col. Colbourne during an interview with Daily Muffalo "If they're looking for a scrap with people shooting at us, then I'll buy them a pint and we can all slap each other in the bum." continuing on and stating that trusted combatants and militia forces can become officially attached to the unit under his command. Some see this as uneasy signs of the unit potentially having a mind of it's own, perhaps going rogue, while others see it as a necessary way of progressing and getting the job done.

After the arrival of 27 Expeditionary Force, other infamous units such as Task Force 141 followed in an attempt to destabilize and take down undesirable faction leaders. Unfortunately due to the mission taking too long to complete, the world's refugee ships have begun losing the necessary supplies and fuel to keep their life support systems up, causing the armed forces personnel to carry on their mission as their own people choose to either go astray or join their ranks, causing further delay due to focus shifting on training these individuals for the job.

Hey folks, just wrote up the lore and some worldbuilding art for this upcoming "27" faction. It's "two seven" by the way, not "twenty seven". Taranchuk has fixed all C#, I'm still waiting for TMC, fiendakko and AOBA to finish their July commissions. I have exercise in 2 weeks and obviously a lot on my plate for 1.3 fixes.

I will finish this expeditionary force faction cause it's a simpler faction than rangers, excluding the shared capabilities of enlisting with them and doing other activities, then I can remodel the code of the rangers after the 1.3 way of how it's done.

I have two weapons for the faction in progress here:

M4 SOPMOD II

M40A3

for other planned weapons I will try to keep them as unique as possible so I can still go ahead with the other factions using different weapons. Unsure if I can make it work as part of rimmu-nation or if they have to be separate from now on. For now I will keep them separate.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on July 09, 2021, 12:29:43 PM
True, I like the ak5c.
But I would say from the latest weapons update  wa 2k, c8 cqb and lee enfield mk3.
L85a2 as depicted  in your mod is an all time favorite, no matter the game.

What request are you referring to?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=54427.0

This request. Has honestly demotivated me to bother with quality and do any more apparel, makes me wonder if I should carry on modding in the first place if the game will not even let people see what I'm busting my ass over. I'm very annoyed by it the longer it goes on, even if other mods have fixed it I was hoping it'd be part of the base game.

Anyway I'm gonna get back to finishing the WIP textures of the weapons and whatever. Have a long month ahead due to the exercise, gonna be a week long, minus Friday and I can't say I'm ready for it but we never are. Ciao folks, see you in a bit

Chicken Plucker

Happy 00:00 Monday all. Been a rough month for me, just been mentally demanding trying to prepare myself for unit duty while I'm barely catching up to the boys in PT here in trade course. My side hobby of RimWorld has become a chore instead of a place of refuge and relaxation too due to the 1.3 update, feeling some pressure and generally unhappy with the default changes affecting apparel.

Enough complaining however, gonna show you guys some up and coming new stuff that didn't make it in the last update but will arrive after the next updates come along.

[RH2] Faction: 27 Expeditionary Force (WIP)

Apparel so far had been done by Fiendakko since before 1.3 update, was in the works. Having help really lessened the impact of me doing more uniforms, but it's still gonna take me ages.

Flyye Force Recon Armor Vest
Will be used by the Force Recon units with their woodland MARPAT outfit + MICH helmet. Potentially also used by MARSOC.

Crye AVS chest rig
Will be used by the multi-national forces with the Crye AVS Body armor. The idea is some gucci uniform for a mixture of forces from around the world, instead of different uniforms for each one being a pain in the butt.

Camelbak M.U.L.E. Multicam

Camelbak Squadbak
Used by the Force Recon units and MARSOC potentially, randomized lightweight packs.

Planned apparel:
- Crye AVS Body armor
- M81 Woodland uniform set (UBAC)
- Woodland MARPAT set (UBAC)
- Crye G3 uniform set (Multicam)
- softshell jacket (yet to find a brand)

Shell
- Smock in multicam (yet to find a brand)

Backpack
- Crye AVS 1,000 backpack

Headgear
- black sunglasses (yet to find a brand)
- combat goggles (yet to find a brand)
- MICH (FORECON)
- FAST helmet (Multicam)

Weapons:

M4 SOPMOD II
Used by the infantry forces in general, there's gonna be no SMGs or other types of generic pawn small arms besides this rifle.

M40A3
Used by the sniper units, will be Force Recon snipers. It's an outdated sniper rifle, as opposed to the M40A7 or even the A5 in Rimmu-Nation but it'll do the job.

Remington R10
A Designated Marksman Rifle for the expeditionary force, reserving the issue ones for the other factions later.

KAC LAMG (WIP)
Needed a machinegun, still have this general issue of not wanting to duplicate weapons anymore, and not wanting dependancy on rimmu-nation. Had to choose weapons carefully.

Those are all the planned faction weapons, no other new ones planned. The M4 SOPMOD II and M40A3 are both old issue stuff during War in Afhanistan and etc. being phased out with different new and more ally stuff (unsure if this is the case for SOPMOD II), but they will fit the faction cause I don't want to put my best cards down yet. It's just a warmup for the others. The R10 and LAMG were weapons I weren't planning on doing anyway, but they needed a DMR and a machinegun, so I chose these two, both chambered in 7.62 NATO.

I do plan for you to be able to enlist in the Expeditionary Force, but I am unsure of how it can be done. I intend for that to be difficult. Unfortunately we don't have a simplified system of an actual recruitment phase with some simulation of special forces selection failing/succeeding this so I can't just put that in. I may just base it on your relations with the faction, but I'll think about expanding on it later.

Uncle Boris' - Used Furniture
Textures done by SirLalaPyon

SLA Double bed
Single Living Accomodation double bed, similar to the bed I've seen in my isolation (We got sent to a block usually reserved for Corporals). Was not a freaking fun time, but the bed was the biggest I've gotten to sleep in that was under my name. I may change the name later.

SLA Wardrobe
Gonna work like the dresser with a bigger comfort bonus.

SLA End table
Epic end table that will have a lamp. Has masking to keep that book's colour. I intended it to be a Bible cause I love Bibles and wanted a motel feeling, but it's obviously just a generic looking book instead so we can pretend it's whatever you want. It could be the Art of War written by JJ Abrams if you prefer that.

Wall art done by AOBA

Knife rest barricade
Wanted this as a barricade like the hedgehog, but instead it's gonna be a wall just like how they were used during WWI in the Allied trenches. We still use them today, and it's a pain in the butt to make them, cause they still make us engineers make them and they have to look pretty good on exercise. Imagine it's pitch black dark, you're in a makeshift FOB with HESCO walls and all the squaddies sleeping, some on sentry while you're using some thick PPE gloves getting cut by barbed wire cause you have to make the flippin' knife rest. That was me with the boys.

Blast wall barrier
No longer a single building, again, gonna be a wall.

Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing

Apparel done by TMC

Arktis Tactical Vest

Bristol Body Armor

This is the body armor set intended to go with the S6 NBC Respirator, the full Operation Nimrod set. The Bristol Body Armor would go under the Arktis Tactical Vest.

Apparel done by Fiendakko:

Fienadkko made two variants of black Police belts for you Police enthusiasts. One with a radio! Would go well with your RPD or STARS roleplay, or just flippin pretending you're a military police federale in general. I'm yet to get back from him what the names are of these, cause I always name them after brands in order to have multiple variants. He also says he's gonna do uniforms, and I know a few of you have asked me in PM for that, so stay tuned. He's willingly offered without being commissioned cause he loves you guys that much.

That's all fellas, gonna go off to bed. After July I have an exercise and then I'll have time off with the family. I am confident mods will progress by then, right now due to a transition with the 1.3 and business with military life everything is slowing down hard. It's not helping that I'm struggling mentally.

Ciao Mickey Mouse, see you all in a bit with updates

qux

Hi ! what change in the code of apparels in the 1.3 ?
Thanks again for your work, can I help you with the new beards system ? If you want I think I can make that (separate the beards of the hair from your textures and create the new code for the beards)

finativethefreak

Just bought you a coffee after reading your post ;)
(Was wondering why you hide your profile on Steam Workshop and saw your update here.)

Just want to let you know I share that pain even just as a mod-user. I returned from a hellish work schedule recently and want to unwind with some RimWorld, only to find 1.3 and Ideology stopping me from enjoying the modlist that I've spent weeks curating and play-testing. :(

Anyway, take your time with the development and good luck with unit duty.

Chicken Plucker

1.3 updates

GOOGLE DRIVE Red Horse 2 1.3
The following mods have been updated:
- Rimmu-Nation² - Security
- Uncle Boris' - Used Furniture
- Hand-To-Hand
- CPERs - Arrest Here!
- BCDs - First Aid
- BCDs - CASEVAC

Hey all, decided to release Hand-To-Hand on Steam. May just go for releasing most of the RH2 stuff without completing them 100% or the trailer, running out of time sadly. Busy day Monday so I'll keep this short cause one mod has cost me all my Sunday sleep and I'm not even packed for Monday inspection and moving yet.

- Uncle Boris' Furniture has been updated with new joy buildings, forgot to test the mission board but as far as I am aware everything works. Haven't added the new bed and walls yet, been spending the time on troubleshooting and these new recreation items coded by Taranchuk.

- Rimmu-Nation² - Security has all of it's original security buildings back, all turrets, IEDs and claymore working thanks to Taranchuk.

- All C# heavy mods such as Rimdeed and etc are back.

Rimdeed 1.3 Changes:
- Mod is now compatible with 1.3 version
- Gold package now delivers new applicants the same day
- Gold package only sends one notification letter
- Other packages delivers new applicants the next day
- 10% chance of applicants posing incorrectly for their CV photo, facing the wrong way

That's all from me, here's Hand-To-Hand's steam page:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2556532381

Quote from: qux on July 21, 2021, 10:34:38 AM
Hi ! what change in the code of apparels in the 1.3 ?
Thanks again for your work, can I help you with the new beards system ? If you want I think I can make that (separate the beards of the hair from your textures and create the new code for the beards)

Hello, unsure my friend. I don't remember well and I am very dizzy at the moment from exhaustion so that isn't helping. I would be looking forward to the beards soon also if it wasn't so tedious, but we'll get there

Quote from: finativethefreak on July 22, 2021, 01:23:59 PM
Just bought you a coffee after reading your post ;)
(Was wondering why you hide your profile on Steam Workshop and saw your update here.)

Just want to let you know I share that pain even just as a mod-user. I returned from a hellish work schedule recently and want to unwind with some RimWorld, only to find 1.3 and Ideology stopping me from enjoying the modlist that I've spent weeks curating and play-testing. :(

Anyway, take your time with the development and good luck with unit duty.

Thanks bro! Highly appreciate the kind donation, they go to these mods or the lovely scoffhouse with their sausages and whatnot. All the mods for RH2 should now be up to date with no missing features.

Canute

Wau nice new things ! :-)
Is the first picture hand or football ? I think for football the distance is too close or the basketball to far away.
Or change the the football into a goal wall shooting target (closed goal with just hole top left, down right).

For the basketball, maybe an animation of the pawn dribbel moving toward the basket would be a nice addition. Similar for the football, he will move from 1-2 tile's away toward the ball to shoot.
But i don't think you can do that with XML, and i don't want you to hire a codder for that.

Chicken Plucker

1.3 Updates 2

- Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing
- Hand-To-Hand

In a rush, still not back in camp. Finished some things that took way too long to fix.

Uncle Boris' - Used Furniture now has new doors:

Armored Door and Chainlink Gate.

Added these walls:

- HESCO Embrasure
- Corrugated sheet wall
- Plywood wall

So all the classic walls have returned.

Still yet to add:
- Concrete barrier
- Concrete blast wall
- Knife rest

Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing
- Fixed errors with Condor Recon chest rig

Hand-To-Hand
- Added 1.2 compatibility for 1.3 version.

I have to go lads, can't talk much. Got sucked into updating again, hope I make it for preparing for tommorrow.

Quote from: Canute on July 25, 2021, 04:09:10 AM
Wau nice new things ! :-)
Is the first picture hand or football ? I think for football the distance is too close or the basketball to far away.
Or change the the football into a goal wall shooting target (closed goal with just hole top left, down right).

For the basketball, maybe an animation of the pawn dribbel moving toward the basket would be a nice addition. Similar for the football, he will move from 1-2 tile's away toward the ball to shoot.
But i don't think you can do that with XML, and i don't want you to hire a codder for that.

Hey Canute! Yeah sadly that takes a bit more from Taranchuk now, gonna have to prioritise other things. It's pouring out raining and I'll miss my train, see you later alligator!

qux

danielyan

Does any of the mods work with combat extended?

foxr3y

Awesome! I really love your mods. Thanks for updating it to 1.3! I've been really waiting for this, now I can play with cool guns and uniforms  8)

Chicken Plucker

1.3 Updates 3

- Hand-To-Hand

TV Building art done by DanDMan68

Uncle Boris' - Used Furniture

Xbox 360 gaming console

Dan was doing this on my way back to camp. Threw in another update before monday, haven't packed my stuff yet so I will now. Things took longer to fix as they always do.

Console has a viewing radius of the megascreen but needs manipulation to use. Not recommended for pawns who don't have working hands in the hospital

Xbox 360 controller mote effect (renders when pawn uses the console)

I did this mote effecter when the console is being used, your pawns will have a little controller to use. Please let me know if you guys think the scale of it is too big or whatever.

- Fixed our modded TVs not working for patients in hospitals
- Fixed Panasonic LCD TV not using flatscreen research
- DanDMan68 added to credits

Hand-To-Hand
- Autocasting from NPCs are on by default again (can be changed in mod settings)

Off to the weekdays my friends, see you next time.

Quote from: qux on July 25, 2021, 09:20:04 AM
soooooooo good!!!

Cheers brova

Quote from: danielyan on July 25, 2021, 10:38:12 AM
Does any of the mods work with combat extended?

Maybe the Uncle Boris' - Used Furniture mod, BCD and CPers mod, everything else? Most likely not.

Quote from: foxr3y on July 25, 2021, 12:10:44 PM
Awesome! I really love your mods. Thanks for updating it to 1.3! I've been really waiting for this, now I can play with cool guns and uniforms  8)

Cheers Foxr3y!

Quote from: Skynert on July 25, 2021, 12:24:55 PM
Yaay!

GOAL GOAL GOOOALL!

Canute

QuoteXbox 360 gaming console
Didn't you mean C(hicken)box 360 ? :-)

Difictly

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on July 25, 2021, 08:42:18 AM
- Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing

Hey, I was wondering if I could create a CE patch for Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing, do I have your permission?

0Jhon-wick0

Hi chicken
Sapper, my friends and I really like your mods and it's almost useless to play rimworld without them, we are brazilians me and my friends would like you to put (if possible) some content based on brazilians. Former Amazon and Caatinga divisions (arid and desert biome), Taurus and Imbel weapons, and special forces such as BOPE, PARA-SAR and COMANDOS. There are some private organizations like Aquila International. we really like your work we will try to send you donations thank you !!!