[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
0 (0%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (100%)
XOF
0 (0%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Chicken Plucker

New Nerotonin-8B textures for their stack. Special thanks to Van for helping improve the textures and providing that big tray, even though I literally did it the same way he did. Will have to credit him later in the about.xml (note to self)

Melee weapon retexture:

Amputator

Dusk Razor

Grinder

Due to time constraints the corpse weapons will not be included this time, so no more corpse destroyer and corpse plaster from previous version. Unfortunately the nature of those organic weapons require a lot of detailing, and I have wasted enough time trying to fix up loose ends to get this mod out soon. If I am ahead of schedule I will see to re-adding those weapons.

For now, this is the current progress and more to come soon. For the rest of the week and the following week after, I will sadly be busier due to work but I'll try to keep progressing.

Chicken Plucker

Decided I have time to redo implants and make them accurate to Dead Frontier's. May do the two corpse weapons as well, cause why not

Celerity Implant
Increases the user's speed by 25%
Increases the user's global work speed 25%
Increases the user's chance to dodge melee by 25%

Destruction Implant
Increases the user's melee damage by 25%

Ultra Boost
Increases the user's global learning factor by 50%
Increases the user's melee damage by 75%
Increases the user's speed by 75%
(+ chance to dodge melee by 75%, + global work speed 75%)
(Technically a drug, not classed as an implant, however will be forced to use the implant system for this one. It will be the most expensive one of them all.)

I have more implants coming. Nerotonin virus will have vials as their textures, and most of the other implants will be just recolored versions of what is above.

Creature WIP:

Stalker
The plans for this abomination is to have it be a wild animal. It spawns without an incident notification, it is able to open any doors to follow its target. Surprisingly agile when it wants to be, with it's body riddled with its previous victims.

The creature is far too unpredictable for even VOID to keep under their clutches, and thus they will be tormenting players apart from the faction. Very few who have encountered it alone and underequipped have survived to tell the tale, however its weakness is that it is outclassed by much of the extreme Nerotonin-4 mutants, standing only 7 ft tall against the average survivor, though what it lacks in power makes it up in stealth.

About:
This creature belongs to Dead Frontier 2, it is the only creature able to follow you for long distances in the in-game world, in DF2 it is unkillable (although in this mod it will be), and sprints whenever you look away from it, so it seems you can never escape the stalker unless you make it to an outpost where it will finally relent.

Chicken Plucker

Nerotonin-V Implant
A creation of VOID. After several years of trial and error, much sacrifices were made in order to finally adapt the Nerotonin type 2,3 and 4 virus into what their science division named "Nerotonin-V". It is an implant that is capable of extending your life expectancy up to a thousand years, along with improving the body's ability to heal and reduce blood loss in response to trauma.

Nerotonin-2B Implant
The Nerotonin Type 2 serum, the precursor to the Type 8B pills. This implant allows your blood to produce Nerotonin-2 within your system, allowing the user to restore lost limbs and to have rapid rate of healing. It also defeats diseases within the body, as the Type 2 serum originally did.

Nerotonin-4B Implant
An implant developed by VOID which has successfully isolated the resurrection properties of the Nerotonin Type 4 virus, the "cure for death" as their scientists boasted among the Glitterworlds. Its research has lead to much catastrophic failures that ended with Nerotonin-4 outbreaks occurring in worlds where the serum undergone development. Once created, VOID kept the technology for themselves, and many outside of their organization regard the serum as an abomination.

Stalker:

Description:
Incredibly cunning and stealthy. The Stalker's psychology causes it to prefer picking out isolated individuals typically, though it is not rare for it to attack groups if it lacks the option. Behavior studies on the Stalker note that it frequently decides to focus on its originally chosen victim when surrounded by multiple enemies, until they are consumed before switching to a new one. Its body contains visible, grotesque remnants of its previous kills.

Veteran survivors who have encountered and escaped the Stalker before, warn others of "heavy breathing" that seemingly comes from no discernable direction, which will be heard as a warning that means it is already within close distance of you.

It is a creature that has a developed biology which causes it to be invisible to automated turrets, this therefore makes it an issue for outposts that depend on those defenses. On top of this, the Stalker proves to be difficult to kill due to its evolved natural resistance to fire and trauma to the body, typical from Nerotonin-4 variants.

Stalkers prefer to torment its victims by slowly chasing them, either seemingly for the thrill of the hunt or perhaps some form of sadistic pleasure it derives from the fear displayed by the fleeing prey. It decides to sprint when it needs to catch up, or has had enough of toying with it's food.

Planned characteristics:
- Enters the colony without an incident notification
- Unmarked in the map upon zooming out
- Not detected by automatic turrets
- Able to open all doors

Off topic here quickly, remade my old Steam Profile with my new art style.

Chicken Plucker

1.3 Google Drive

Mod updated:

Changes
- 1.4 compatibility
- Texture changes
- Mod title changed
- Description changes
- Misc. changes to textures within the mod

Dead Frontier Implants:

I have gotten carried away folks, I have ended up creating 34 new implants after remastering some of the textures, 33 of them usable for your pawns and 1 intended for N4 infected variants.

Notable implants: (Too many to list them all)

Prosperity Implant
Description: Every salesman's dream is to have a silver tongue. This implant allows the user to have increased charisma and confidence, it also increases the person's ability to expand their vocabulary and articulation based on the ai within the implant designed for aiding with the user's language skills.

X-Dusk Implant
Description: Increases the user's capacity to retain experiences and memories, increases learning speed and enhances the user's combat abilities.

Volatile Implant
Description: Forged from a volatile leaper, this implant adds a portion of the volatile leaper's resistance to trauma and it's natural strength upon the user of the implant.

Devil's Implant
Description: Forged from the heart of a devil hound, this implant adds a portion of the devil hound variant's ability of increased speed and resistance to trauma upon the user of the implant.

N-4 Control Implant
Description: Created by V.O.I.D. from stolen Lazarus Project and Secronom research, this implant detects an N-4 variant, uses it's tentacles and burrows into the target's head to penetrate the brain and inject nanites that cause the highly dangerous creature to be rendered friendly. Unfortunately this device requires a person to manually approach the creature before it can start performing it's purpose.

Weapons:

Corpse Blaster

Corpse Destroyer

Corpse weapons have returned! Was not easy to do, they are highly detailed and am aware they still seem "smudged". However upon zooming out in-game they will look very much clearer. No plans to do the rest, these two were painful enough

Storyteller texture update:
Old (1.3)

For comparison
New (1.4)

V.O.I.D. Storyteller texture updated, a lot more care and detailing went into this one in light of my latest posters.

WARNING: Large resolution wallpapers will be linked below, you may have to zoom out!

Also made this background image:

I intend to create a menu screen later which will like this:

Chicken Plucker

1.3 Google Drive

Mod added:

Description:
- This mod replaces the body textures in vanilla.
- No coding whatsoever, if you receive coding errors, it's not from this mod.
- Safe to disable and enable mid-saves with no issue
- Compatible with Combat Extended, please don't ask in the comments. Don't do it. Please.
- Terry Crews approved, have a beautiful day

More details & previews on steam page:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2873235836

All apparel, implants and weapons for V.O.I.D. as a faction is finished. I just need to finish UI and update all .xml code and begin testing. It's Sunday already, got a lot to do for next week. I'm predicting the mod will be out after mid October.

I decided to create Detailed Body Textures 3 since VOID needed it for their "Voidtech Skin" apparel, two birds in one Terry.

Here's me leaving you with Terry Crews art. See ya folks

Chicken Plucker

Credits:
TMC - Apparel textures for armor
Ods - Apparel textures for suit
Neil Yates - Dead Frontier
Greg Taylor - Dead Frontier art, references

Just showcasing some pawns and unmentioned implants while I continue to code V.O.I.D. little by little.

Description: Standard member, typically selected and vouched for by someone within the organization for whatever merit they saw within the person. Often inserted into rival factions and organizations to gather intelligence or to cause the downfall once appointed into an authoritative position. Almost always undiscovered spies before they earn their true promotion, or unwilling captives who were conditioned to "see the light".

They go through several surgeries for their new bionic parts as a mandatory part of membership induction. Certain exceptions exist, however members without implants that aren't in an espionage role is seen as a liability in combat.

They are handed over access to implants that fall under the lower tier category, though more advanced than what most factions have access to. Here are some examples:

Voidtech half-cycler
Stolen technology from the Cicada half-cycler, allows the user to lose the requirement to sleep while heavily reducing the person's conscious capacity. Mandatory for every member to increase productivity.

X-Violence
Increases the user's combat abilities slightly

X-Perception
Increases the user's capacity to learn faster and retain learned information. Increases the user's consciousness by a slight.

Elite Member
Description: A senior member who has contributed much to the inner circle. Typically those who have carried out several operations commanding the more junior members. There are implants unavailable to junior members that are given to the seniors.

There are exceptions within the elites who rose through the ranks through their own accords, often working so hard that they've managed to purchase all of the immensely expensive implants through their own means rather than waiting to be promoted.

For example, they earn access to the higher end implants such as:

Ultra Boost:
Increases the person's physical and mental capacities to beyond human peaks. Highly expensive implant estimated to be worth over 300,000 silver coins.

Dawn Implant:
An upgraded version of the X-Dusk Implant, increases the person's physical and mental capacities beyond human peaks.

With these implants already stacking over the increased performance of the others already modded into each member, they prove to be an even more present danger to their enemies.

Advisor/Executive
Description: Higher echelon individuals who have provided massive contributions to the faction in the eyes of the council. Second only to the unseen council that runs the faction. The Advisors or Executives are granted access to Nerotonin-V and Nerotonin-2b depending on their seniority. They handle budget, they handle diplomatic relations and they command the elites.

They solve problems, they plan contingencies and most importantly, they get the job done.

Big Brother/Big Sister
Description: Oftentimes, over 100 years old. Members who have earned the right to dress apart from the others. These individuals have cycled in and out as council members, or have been in service of the organization for a long time (beyond the average human's life expectancy.)

They gain access to the Vengeance Guard, the Wraith Cannon and all implants including the Nerotonin-4b serum. The serum has been kept private from normal members seeing as it is reserved for those who the council believe to be of upmost loyalty.

These individuals are normally only sent when an advisor or executive has been scolded for failing to solve a problem they were supposed to deal with.

In summary: "Hi guys we are VOID. We like to dress in black and purple, we are non-conformist and we're better than you." - Some dude called Carnage probably, maybe

Progress update:
Re-coded weapon coding today, too much broken to test further. Have done a few other things too so not much achieved. Decided to bring back an old implant with a new texture.

Super Seducer serum
Description: A banned product across several worlds by the infamous Dr. La Ruina due to it being commonly linked to human trafficking in an inter-galactic scale. A serum that is able to make a person almost unnaturally attractive, able to adapt the shape of the person's bodily figure and face based on the partner or user's preferences.

Chicken Plucker

Note: The apparel is supposed to be HD, keep in mind 1.3's atrocious pawn rendering downgrade caused the armors to look incredibly rats

Major progress today, lots of .xml stuff fixed. Still a lot to go. Unfortunately came at expense of my sleep.

Working points:
- New, original faction logo would be nice for in-game world.
- Nerotonin-8B single bottle should be the C texture, need to create a new B texture where there's more pills in the tray. (No use having 3 bottles for 1 pill each)
- Fix the cloak cause they spawn white
- Fix the cloak hood because it doesn't exist yet. (Intended to be coded so it can be worn over any powered armor helmet.)
- Fix base generation, make it all over again
- Create new bedroom stuff for VOID bases
- Fix vengeance guard so it spawns with random colours
- Add new sounddefs for Stalker and devil hound
- Fix Stalker texture and add sounds
- Add devil hound and volatile leaper
- Add new events for the new bosses
- Update the descriptions of everything
- Fix the N4 Control Chip texpath in Visual Studio cause that's the only way you can change it
- etc. etc. Re-create/fix all implants that have new textures

I'd grab you more screenshots guys but the game is being funny, crashing and etc since I'm installing visual and the coding is still all over the place. I've gotta go bed. See you folks.

Chicken Plucker

New logo for in-game settlements.

Rebirth chamber needs redoing in terms of texture later, but its good to see it again

Still a lot needs fixing, however we're getting closer and the pawns do look good.

Working points:
- New, original faction logo would be nice for in-game world.
- Nerotonin-8B single bottle should be the C texture, need to create a new B texture where there's more pills in the tray. (No use having 3 bottles for 1 pill each)
- Fix the cloak cause they spawn white
- Fix the cloak hood because it doesn't exist yet. (Intended to be coded so it can be worn over any powered armor helmet.)
- Fix base generation, make it all over again
- Create new bedroom stuff for VOID bases
- Fix vengeance guard so it spawns with random colours
- Add new sounddefs for Stalker
- Fix Stalker texture and add sounds
- new sounddefs for devil hound & volatile leaper
- Add devil hound and volatile leaper
- Add new events for the new bosses
- Update the descriptions of everything
- Fix the N4 Control Chip texpath in Visual Studio cause that's the only way you can change it
- etc. etc. Re-create/fix all implants that have new textures
- Redo Voidtech bionic parts, rather than archotech in order to prevent the parts rendering on the face and etc.

(Click for sounds)

Stalker so far, its currently using base stats of the mother for damage and health which I intend on nerfing. It's not a mega boss, it's just meant to spook ya, and it's meant to be killable.

Credits of SFX to Techland from Dying Light, closest sound I can get for the creature that resembles it from DF2. Many thanks to Taranchuk as he's coded it to work the way I asked for it to, meaning you don't know when its incident is triggered.

EDIT: Stalker long preview

(Click for sounds)

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys. I am PRESSING for V.O.I.D. to come out this Saturday for 1.3 because next week I will be on exercise all week. Week after that? Maybe on exercise all week again. If I miss several features I intended to release with it, then it'll have to wait till 1.4 cause we all know this mod has taken long enough.

Here's what I've been working on.

So in the world map, you will see this upon visiting a V.O.I.D. settlement. What is it? It's an enlistment button, but the only way in is to enter the correct code. The code is secret, those who know Dead Frontier may have a rough idea of what the code will be.

Upon entering this code, V.O.I.D. if hostile will become friendly and you will gain access to all of their facilities.

Hospital UI
Unsure what to call this yet, but their hospital is a non-hospital. You just get shot with Nerotonin-2 and any lost limbs or any problems with your health is gone. I am unsure how Taranchuk coded it, but they're either going to heal you all at once or it will do it gradually. Also unsure if it costs silver but it likely will.

V.O.I.D. Issue
So let's say you managed to enter the code because some dude in the frickin comments of the mod told you what the code was after they went out of their way to do all the hard work and decypher it. You will get:
x3 V.O.I.D. armour set
x1 Dusk Razor
x1 Dusk Enforcer
x1 Corpse Destroyer

- Implants? Unsure if I should do a separate implant box or throw it in there. For the sake of saving UI space, maybe I will throw them in here. Some basic member ones including the half-cycler

Provisions UI
You get:
- Caviar
- Red Wine
- Nerotonin-8B

Salary UI
You get paid every week. I don't know how much yet, I'm thinking pay the player in silver and gold.

Fun fact to non-Dead Frontier players, this is the in-game logo for credits in the official game.

Storage UI
Place to store your things

Mission UI
Hard to do a hologram if it's a UI behind a greyscale background RimWorld has, so I went with a tweaked iPad image. iVOID kkkk  ;D

Mission screen UI
Again, wanted to do a bombastic big UI Screen with holograms but ultimately went with a corporate looking projector screen with imagery from a holo projector. Thought keeping it simple worked in this case. Unsure what music to pick that plays in background yet.

Retire UI
If you leave V.O.I.D. you can never join them again. The UI for the passcode will disappear forever. You also get -100 relations.

Final UI pieces I must do:
Radio
Implant Box??

Then:
- Off to finish all worklist tasks
- Fix all the things needed for enlistment
- If possible, ideology for V.O.I.D. (if not, add it in 1.4)
- Rumbler, Tendrils for Nerotonin-4 horde hidden faction. (if not, add it in 1.4)
- Voidtech turrets for their base defense (if not, add it in 1.4)
- Custom beds for their settlements (if not, add it in 1.4)

Chicken Plucker

Hello all. Sorry to say but there may be no V.O.I.D. release this weekend. This is due to the enlistment system not working at all. There's also an issue with shield belts that didn't exist until Taranchuk's last update, which means all of it is waiting on him to be fixed. I've worked day and night on it, we're leaving for exercise today in a few hours so it's not as if I didn't try.

Can't rush him if he doesn't wanna fix broken mods in the weekend, can't blame him for having other things to do.

Anyway as compensation for this, I prepared a mod all in one day for all of you that I intended to release alongside V.O.I.D. anyway.

Here it is:

1.3 Google Drive

Mod added:
[RH2] DOOM

Description:
Featuring remastered equipment from the [CP] DOOM 1.0 Mod.

Planned return for all gear, currently only includes:
- Praetor Suit
- Praetor Suit Helmet
- UAC EMG Sidearm
- Super Shotgun

"At Doom's Gate" scenario:
You've just escaped the destruction of a UAC installation. You woke up naked, grabbed the nearest sidearm and donned the enigmatic Praetor Suit.
After going through what can only be described as a literal hellscape, you now find yourself in an Outer Rimworld.

Will things be different here?

More details & previews on steam page:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2875842250

Skynert

Sooo, there is hope for Rimmunation 1.4. Yaay. How are you?

Chicken Plucker

1.3 Google Drive

Mod UPDATED:
[RH2] DOOM

Changes:
- UAC Plasma Rifle added
- preview.png improvements

Too busy to do any more guys. Just wanted to brag about the idea that I may be the first modder in RimWorld to update a mod during a military exercise after a night out drinking, ehehehe gonna wait for that medal Mr. President  8)

News about V.O.I.D. is that Taran updated all C#. Soon as I have free time and we aren't occupied all day, i.e. this Friday, I will do all the needed .xml stuff and update V.O.I.D. and release it here.

Quote from: Skynert on October 16, 2022, 02:17:26 PM
Sooo, there is hope for Rimmunation 1.4. Yaay. How are you?

Good bro, great to see you again. Will bring down more updates soon.

Skynert

Dont rush it, also I need hello kitty M4A1 for kids.

Chicken Plucker

Hey all. Busy as heck still. Sorry but there's no updates in this post, just reporting my plans for DOOM 1.3-1.4. Found out I'm on a green exercise next week, which means lots of woods, lots of stinging nettlez, thorns and Ivy. It's gonna be great. More time off modding, less time sleeping, but we're living the dream so there's that.

With that said, I want to let you guys know that someone gave a sizable donation in ko-fi, someone who is very obviously in the US military without telling me he's in the US military. (He cried RAAAAH, probably a Marine) I wanna thank him personally if he's reading here, don't think it's okay for me to share his name so I won't bring it up.

Because of his donation, DOOM will expand beyond the UAC.

It's not just gonna "DOOM Factions" for 1.4 with RH2 high def graphics, it's gonna be "DOOM Expansion" for RimWorld.

Expansion will include:
- UAC Faction
- Utilitarian Faction
- Bounty Hunters Faction
- DOOM Demons (will probably name their faction "Hell spawns" or something cooler like that, just for laughs maybe call them "Typical Hawaiian Pizza enjoyers" or "TikTok Squad".)

I'm joking about the pizza. Pineapple is good on pizza.

UAC
- Typical UAC guys you saw in previous version with now colorable power armors planned.

Utilitarian
- Let me refer to this old post from years ago:
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on August 21, 2018, 06:15:06 PM
*snip*

This is the current thing I have. This will be a new piece of equipment for end game Rimmu-Nation gear. I bleedin' struggled drawing the helmet, but I'm happy with the results. I think there's an improvement there somewhere.

Took me around an hour to do just a front view for the hulk plus the helmet, but when I get the hulk views done, the other body types follow, easy peasy.

Based on of the concept arts of the Utilitarian Power Armors for DOOM 2016 multiplayer.:

by Emersun Tung

*snip*

Utilitarian is commissioned already, it's going to be done by Fiendakko. He's doing 4 sets of armor. I have chosen to take liberties seeing as they have no real lore in DOOM apart from being part of MP. While he's on this, I'll be working on UAC. And hopefully if JangoD'Soul accepts my offer, he will do Bounty Hunters armours and after ripping and tearing me wallet, it'll be three factions with ally armours done in triple time.

Utilitarians will be a Private Military Company group that is commissioned by UAC. They are there to help fight demons and provide UAC support against the other unwanted enemies that is giving Union Aerospace some dramas. They will use UAC equipment, but they have their own brand of armor that is slightly tankier than UAC armours, albeit they will restrict mobility significantly compared to UAC armours. Utilitarians will also have less implants seeing as they are closer to being normal people like us, only their higher end guys will probably be riddled with bionics either due to choice or because they survived a lot of bad days on the job.

The Utilitarians are typically ex-military guys who didn't wanna be a part of UAC. Better trained but they lack the technological advancements the faction has. Luckily for them, a lot of their equipment comes from UAC due to the demonic invasion so they will do a bit better in combat.

(credits to Dario Romita, DOOM 3 remaster model of MG-88 rifle)

My plans for their main weapon is the basic assault rifle from DOOM 3, the "MG-88 Enforcer" since these guys from Utilitarian aren't originally UAC. (No plans to do all DOOM 3 weapons since it will cause much duplicates) Their lower tier to mid tier folks will have nothing but the rifle, their higher end guys will then have access to UAC plasma rifles and heavy assault rifles, probably not the BFG and whatever else like GAUSS Cannon.

From that description, you can imagine Utilitarian infantry will be closer to real life soldiers not running around with whatever cowboy weapon they want, instead they have issued rifles and they will be riflemen in fireteams, not whatever the hell big gun you pick up to storm a base like UAC does with their troops that lead to massive casualties cause Bob there wanted to play with the GAUSS Cannon during CQB.

Bounty Hunters:

- Outlaws. Mercenaries. Hired Guns. Bounty Hunters are unofficially hired by UAC to help deal with the demonic invasion. Being a bunch of intergalactic trigger happy mercs, bounty hunters treat everybody except the employer hostile. By employer, I mean the singular guy who pays the bills, not including everyone else in the organization.

My original plan is to have them be non-hostile to UAC, and if you enlist (to the UAC) the bounty hunters turn neutral to you. My second plan is to just have them be permanently hostile, powered armor wielding pirates who do what they want, way worse than the UAC guns blazing, pretty much.

Bounty Hunters have access to all kinds of gear, they are some of the best at what they do, unfortunately also some of the most psychotic, untrained, undisciplined criminals as well among them. They have mixed bionics, they have UAC weapons.

The gist of their backstory is that UAC hired them to help clean up their mess in several places the UAC is involved in, however due to the horrible reputation of these bounty hunter groups, they aren't officially hired by the UAC. They are performing black operations, they are killing civilians, they are getting into fights with the more professional and disciplined Utilitarian group, and they are also taking contracts from other organizations to take out some figureheads within UAC itself.

Inspite all this, they are secretly on a UAC Payroll from the top and are supplied as such, so this leads to them having access to better equipment than the Utilitarians.

I'd write more guys, we know the stars of the show will be the hellspawns with their crazy rocket arms and rocket doot skeletons. I'll try to do at least 6 types of creatures from there and then go on.

The UAC and Utilitarians are definitely coming. Bounty Hunters need a budget, donations on my ko-fi would help but I'll get it regardless. Donations only speed up the process and I wouldn't want to pressure people or force them to prioritize pixels over bills.

Anyways folks, that's the plan for DOOM after VOID, it's what's coming next.

After DOOM, I'll get back to RH2's bread and butter tacticool factions leading with MSF and the bad guys in tactical gear.

Quote from: Skynert on October 19, 2022, 05:01:43 AM
Dont rush it, also I need hello kitty M4A1 for kids.

Thanks bro, not trying to, but will get it done asap  8) 8)

And no more hello kitty  >:( >:(

Skynert