[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
1 (33.3%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (66.7%)
XOF
0 (0%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Chicken Plucker

1.4 updates: Google Drive Link

Special thanks to Taranchuk for fixing a ton of the issues, the updates won't be possible without him!

Hey guys overextending as it is updating all weekend. I've got another week of exercise. I've still gotta pack my crap, but here's the 1.4 updates. If it isn't updated yet, it's because it has a lot of problems that need to be dealt with later on. I'm waiting on Taranchuk to sort some stuff out that is severely broken, and I'd rather not risk saves.

For DOOM, Implant texture has been changed and Heavy Assault Rifle has been added for 1.4.

Backstories for DOOM and Task Force 141 are a new feature, in that their factions now spawn custom backstories made by myself.

Kept the backstories for the military generic as for you guys to fill in the blanks in your heads "Military" or "Special Forces" could be anything, any branch from whatever nation. It fits in RimWorld imo. Also saves me time from naming every military branch in the world, gotta go to me bed as of now mate oh me days

Also conscripted child has a pronoun error, will fix after this post edit

Mods that still need fixing for 1.4:
- VOID Faction
- Rangers Faction
- Rimdeed
- Uncle Boris' Used Furniture

Will update front page later, on a rush today guys. See you on the other side!

Quote from: Skynert on October 21, 2022, 07:31:28 AM
Nice!

8) 8)

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Rimdeed updated as well, thanks to Taranchuk making fixes. I decided to go back to the old style preview for old times' sake before the Indeed company took the mod down for some time.

Reminds me of my friend Mario who helped bring the mod back up. You guys shoulda seen the extremely annoyed "go away" tone this valve copyright team support lady gave us, since she wasn't aware that Mario already spoke to the a lawyer from Indeed, she thought we were just bothering her again to ask about the mod, so she told me in a long paragraph to pretty much go away and not to message her again. Mario told her to read a message he sent about a week ago she ignored that had an official document attached to the email signed by Indeed's rep and she immediately shifted her tone and finally, Rimdeed was reinstated in workshop.

Uncle Boris has been updated, had some upcoming features I decided to separate and ask Taranchuk to make fixes to.

Here it is:

Preview is Adler, yes. Gonna have to finish the art later, its taking long today and I gotta go bed

Currently working on this new mod, just some work needed on preview and descriptions, but it is a chair where you can place prisoners and repogram their minds. You place them in the chair through prisoner dialogues and they basically have a catatonic breakdown for a long time after being brainwashed and all their resistances are reduced to 0.

The requirement for this chair to work is a closed room with your chair on it, with a television screen facing the chair.

Anyway guys off for today, going to sleep. Will see you guys soon.

Rangers is still broken with jetpacks but most of it is fixed now, Taranchuk says he'll sort it tommorrow. Am on green exercises, thankfully not the kind where I'm sleeping off-camp. I'll be able to do updates when possible.

Love ya folks

Quote from: Skynert on October 24, 2022, 06:14:47 AM
I like that backstories

Glad you like em bro, will probably do more. I don't know about doing backstories for rangers but I'll have to add a bit more for 141 in order to not make it seem to repetitive

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys. Still waiting on Taranchuk to fix Rangers and a bunch of other issues turned up on First aid.

Here's updates on Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing and Weapons.

Mods updated 1.4 (please see link above)

- Rimmu-Nation 2 - Clothing: Level 1 backpack description fixed
- Rimmu-Nation 2 - Weapons: M4A1 rotation fix

Next weapon for DOOM is the rocket launcher. No model for SFM is available so I had to do a low res picture little by little. Wanted to continue brainwash chair today but some errors appeared and I am too exhausted to deal with it. Too much sleep deprivation, it's affecting my performance at work. Will leave it for the weekend.

Cheers all

Skynert

QuoteCurrently working on this new mod, just some work needed on preview and descriptions, but it is a chair where you can place prisoners and repogram their minds. You place them in the chair through prisoner dialogues and they basically have a catatonic breakdown for a long time after being brainwashed and all their resistances are reduced to 0.

More warcrimes yaay! That's... <redacted>

Chicken Plucker

Special thanks to Taranchuk as always for his updates

Updated:
[RH2] Faction: The Rangers
BCD: First Aid

These two mods are now 1.4 ready, First Aid was uploaded earlier but threw errors for performing first aid on animals.

Rangers has jetpacking for caravans currently disabled due to unpredictable issues coming up, so it's just out for now.

Progress on Uncle Boris' - Brainwash Chair:

- Preview is done

.xml side of things and a lot of issues hashed out but there's still a bunch of things. Full feature showcase will be displayed with release later.

As it stands, there's a feature which lets you change personalities for your prisoners and pawns but its being buggy. I've also requested it to break the "unwavering loyalty" trait in this latest 1.4 change, it's gonna be ridiculously OP when it's out.

We've got a job to do.

Quote from: Skynert on October 27, 2022, 03:34:56 PM
QuoteCurrently working on this new mod, just some work needed on preview and descriptions, but it is a chair where you can place prisoners and repogram their minds. You place them in the chair through prisoner dialogues and they basically have a catatonic breakdown for a long time after being brainwashed and all their resistances are reduced to 0.

More warcrimes yaay! That's... <redacted>

We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do. We've got a job to do.

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Beta access release: Google Drive Link
You will find the mod including the radio add-on updates for 1.4 under the Uncle Boris folder

"We've got a job to do."
- Adler

Description:
The brainwash chair, developed from the long lost files of Project MK Ultra, is a permanent solution to your uncooperative prisoners.

Instructions for use:
- x1 uncooperative prisoner
- A room that is sealed with the brainwash chair facing any form of television
- Select "brainwash recruit" option in the prisoner interaction menu
- After brainwashing, your prisoner will undergo a catatonic breakdown of up to 3 days.

Feature list:
* Brainwash pawns into reducing their will and resistance to 0
* Working on unwavering loyalty
* The ability to brainwash pawns into changing their traits and passion levels for things through brainwashing
* Mod settings to allow modifying pawn backstories and abilities through brainwashing

Credits:
Taranchuk - C# coding
SirLalaPyon - Building art
Treyarch - SFX
Activision - Call of Duty

( I know I said full feature release showcase, but I'm sorry guys it's so late and I'm burning through sleep time, and it's still a Beta release so instructions will have to do for now )

Note: Planning on slapping the chair under Multi-Analyzer research and calling it a day. Yes, the mod is extremely unbalanced once you have the power to brainwash prisoners. Unfortunately perfectly balancing such a feature would require a lot more thought and resources, both of which I am short of due to lack of time and cash money. I'm happy the chair works and it does something cool. Thanks to Taranchuk as always for coding it!

Hey guys I've decided to release this in early beta access for Ludeon fellas only. I'm still hard at work fixing things for V.O.I.D.

V.O.I.D. Progress report

New faction logo for world map
(Decided not to use the copyrighted Cthulhu logo, but also wanted a more visible and defined logo still involving tentacles)

Tommorrow I am back to work, and it is also All Hallow's Eve. I don't really celebrate the pagan holiday, but it's the best time to release V.O.I.D.

Ready or not, it's coming out tomorrow at 20:08 GMT.

It currently has a few issues:
* New Implants not yet added
* New Implant textures not yet replacing old ones
* Implants not reworked yet in .xml

* Monsters not reworked yet in .xml (plans for nerfing all coming)
* Description edits for everything in .xml needs to be done
* VL and DH need to be added as new creatures
* Sound fixes for .xml to fix 1.4 errors
* Sound additions for new monsters
* Sound additions for hidden enlistment feature needs to be added
* Fix the cloaks in .xml, they're still white and the hood still isn't added
* Fix pawntypes to wear the correct apparel

Optional territory (if time permits)
* Nerotonin-4 variants for Evolved Longarms and Rumbler need to be added
* Hidden Nerotonin-4 faction need to be added
* All pawns apart from the lower tier pawns will have unwavering loyalty
* Change N4 conversion and rebirth chamber textures

Big problems:
* Stalker needs to be sorted out, it's doing strange things while moving, displaying the wrong views (It's not texture renaming error related. Possibly C#)
* Nerotonin-8B cannot be consumed, errors thrown. Need to be fixed.
* VOID armor shields not working

That's the tick list.

Chicken Plucker

After revamping the implants and beginning work on PawnKinds, its safe to say that V.O.I.D. has to be pushed back for November 1.

I've pushed my limits today in that I've skipped having a proper dinner and worked with the small amount of time I had for this, and it was still not enough to sort out issues. I fix one thing, 10 things break.

On the bright side, it's closer to finished than it was yesterday. Unfortunately work comes first, I have a duty to my job and we stayed in the office about an hour or two longer because of something incredibly silly regarding harnesses that were missing.

November 1 2022, 20:08 GMT is H-Hour for V.O.I.D.

If I can push a Beta before I go, I will leave it here. I've updated the ticklist above on what has been finished, but even that's generous since X-Dusk and Dawn implant hasn't been added.

(planned N-4 hidden faction logo)

Nerotonin-4 infected
undead horde

is a planned hidden faction with mainly Rumblers and Longarms that will spawn random raids against you. Even after defeating V.O.I.D. (if you manage to) the infected will remain under mysterious circumstances.

I'll do my best to include these lot tommorrow after I finish everything else in the list, at least I know the hard part is over.

Chicken Plucker

Great news fellas.

Just need to add new monsters and finalize changes with pawnkinds. Managed to blag my way at work cause it isn't busy, and a speccy looking asian guy like myself with a laptop looking busy (I was) was perfectly camouflaged by a desk. I just went to work on the Nerotonin Type-4 boys.

Evolved Rumbler

Evolved Long Arms

These fellows, if you play the game, are incredibly rapid and resilient. I've decided to tone down their damage since its some stupid amount higher than even the Titan. I'm not gonna lie guys, they're dangerous. They come from a zone in the inner city of Fairview called "Death Row" for a reason.

The textures are not final, I will reduce shading as I plan to and obviously, finish all views. Later on I can add other iconic zombies like Tendrils and whatever else I could grab when the mod is out, but these two lads are a must.

I've made the mod work! It is error free. All implants are final, descriptions for implants and weapons are 100% checked and done.

The only issue now is descriptions for monsters, adding them, tweaking stats, sounds and etc.

PawnTypes also need some polishing, then we're off to working on the graphics of the Steam page.

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Beta release: Google Drive Link
You will find the mod including the radio add-on updates for 1.4 under the Uncle Boris folder

Edit: Updated shortly after post with fixes
- Devil's & Volatile Implant nerf
- Stalker is now under N-4 Infected's faction. Not V.O.I.D.
- Fixed errors with Big Brother pawntype

Long story short H-Hour was unfortunately missed on steam. More breakages and overextending. Was forced to release in beta rather than delay further guys. See you soon.

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Updates: Google Drive Link

Updates:
V.O.I.D. Faction (BETA)
Changes:
- Deleted all pre-made faction bases in order to stop errors, you must start a new save to see this effect. If you wish to continue your save, you must destroy all V.O.I.D. sites in your world map to prevent errors.
- Nerf for Volatile and Devil's Heart implant. Lower protection, VLI no longer has tools
- Fixes in C#
- Sounds for Voidtech arm sounds like Archotech arm now
- Nerf for all monsters. Speed, health and attack cooldowns reduced
- Nerf for Amputator and Dusk Razor
- Fixes in .xml, patches for monsters to have faster decay
- N4 control implant patches for monsters
- Credited Mehni
- Removed Titan implant. If you get errors, please ignore this and save over it. You likely did not have it spawn in your world unless manually spawned.

- Task Force 141 Faction
- Rangers Faction
- Randy Burgers mod

Changes:
- General enlistment.dll changes
- Audio error fixes for sodas in the mods

Skynert

I still not added VOID to my mod list. Im playing as tribals, so I want peace because our only gun is hunting rifle left as gift by <redacted>. Oh, and my pawns actually drink muff and root beer. They just... did not had time for recreation ;/

Chicken Plucker

Added new creatures folks. They're nowhere near as big of a threat as the current roster, but they're still pretty bad.

Changes:
Update pushed:

- Added Tendril, Reaper, Roid Hulk and Bone
- Deleted obsolete apparelbase and old Red Horse 1 thingcategories
- Replaced obsolete apparelbase with vanilla and old categories with new ones
- C# fixes with incidents not firing
- ShipPart incidents renamed
- ShipPart incidents now work
- FactionHidden for N-4 horde changes
- Evolved Long Arms and Evolved Rumbler speed nerf + health nerf
- More monster balancing in general
- Description changes for monsters7
- Voidtech implants have new HD textures
- VOID is no longer a permanent enemy, however they will begin non-neutral. This needs to be fixed
- Mother vomit attack disabled to stop issues
- Stalker movement and HP nerf
- RoidHulk sounds missing fix
- Reaper west view fix
- N4 spawn fixes for Death Row lot

More updates coming soon, flagged three massive issues to Taran and he should be amongst it today.

Note to self: Credit the ko-fi supporters for V.O.I.D. and also credit the people behind the SFX

Quote from: Skynert on November 03, 2022, 09:27:07 AM
I still not added VOID to my mod list. Im playing as tribals, so I want peace because our only gun is hunting rifle left as gift by <redacted>. Oh, and my pawns actually drink muff and root beer. They just... did not had time for recreation ;/

Could only trully recommend the mod after it's fully updated and released anyway bro  :o

Chicken Plucker

Mod is almost out of Beta folks, just a handful of fixes left to do, and it's mostly incompatibilities. The main issues lie in base generation now, then we're out of Beta and the mod can finally work as nature intended.

Changes:
Update pushed:

- Advisor dialogue additions
- V.O.I.D. Contact event no longer bugs out, interaction will continue as intended and VOID will turn neutral to the player once they arrive for your options
- VOID base generation removed again to avoid issues
- VOID planetkiller event base generation glitch fixed (Incident is still bugged however, will fix)
- Stash quests causing infinite errors with this mod enabled fixed
- Mother vomit attack disabled to avoid error of screen shaking

To do:
- Fix ranged attack coding to stop incompatibilities with Alpha Animals
- Fix base gen and planet killer incident
- Change shieldapparelcomp namespace

NOTE:
To those who began playing with the mod before changes and wish to experience the mod as intended, you may need to start over a new save since the issues in the previous versions may persist in worlds already generated, i.e. permanent enemy version of V.O.I.D. as a negative effect, you can't join them. (if you know how to)

EDIT
sorry troops (yeah I just called everybody troop like Im a staffy or something) forgot to mention this last night but I updated Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing

Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing
- Inverted respirator values since toxic sensitivity stats became inverted. Now it adds resistance

Chicken Plucker

Uncle Boris' - Brainwash Chair

- About.xml edits
- Research now required:
* Multi-Analyzer
* Tube Television
* Complex Furniture

Mod is now out of Beta, just needed some tweaks. See you soon with more updates folks

Preview, brainwashing:

Preview, editing passions and traits through brainwashing:

In case you guys didn't get to see what I edited on post above, here it is:
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on November 05, 2022, 09:51:33 PM
EDIT
sorry troops (yeah I just called everybody troop like Im a staffy or something) forgot to mention this last night but I updated Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing

Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing
- Inverted respirator values since toxic sensitivity stats became inverted. Now it adds resistance