[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
1 (33.3%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (66.7%)
XOF
0 (0%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid

Hello and good evening everybody. Here's what's planned this weekend:

(Note: This Lucky Strike cigarette parody was unused for Task Force 141, may make it to this MGS mod)

- Starting scenario
Description:
Solo infiltration mission, few starting rations, cigarettes, etc.

You will start with x1 genome soldier.

- Gene Therapy-2 implant

- MK23 SOCOM

(TEXTURE IS WIP)
- M9A1-S (Tranquilizer)

- High Frequency Katana

- Sneaking Bandana (FOX)
Description: Bandana will now be colorable rather than having two recolors.

- Sneaking Suit (FOX)

- Sneaking Suit (FOXHOUND)

- Exo Suit and Exo Helmet (Gray Fox)

Other planned additions to the mod:
- Raiden's Exo suit and Headgear
- Raiden's High Frequency Blade
- Cyborg Ninja incident, joins your colony (May be a reskinned Man in Black Event or a deserter quest. Undecided)

Currently unused assets:

FAMAS G1

High Frequency Blade

Special thanks to Fiendakko for carrying the mod and doing the apparel textures for this one, he's currently finishing up MSF apparel and the last weapon for this mod. I've commissioned him to do Raiden's Exo Suit and potentially Snake's MGS 4 sneaking suit in future.

Some differences with this version will be the removal of genome soldier's helmets and a bunch of other 1.2 features involving C# that needed to be cut to make things work. I was thinking about a heavy trooper (genome soldiers with armor, and sneaking suit-esque uniforms) but I'm unsure about adding them along.

It has made me wonder if it would even be appropriate to include the FAMAS G1 if the scenario is a solo metal gear sneaking mission, or if you guys should have a full squad to start with. Please voice your thoughts if this is a major issue for you here.

Currently finished Chicken Mitchell 2 Hairstyles:

Gray Fox:

Meryl:

Kitsune:

Am currently unlikely to continue the Baldur's Gate 3 hairstyles this weekend due to time, seeing Lae'zel's hair and all the details made me cry since I've been trying to push for MGS all day, only to be hit with obstacles. I'll do my utmost to re-release all MGS hairs in preparation of the MSF Faction which I aim to release next week.

After that, the next 2 weeks will be dedicated on First Order. Hopefully we get all this done in that time span, then get Old Republic out and whatever else is next.

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Updates: Google Drive Link

Kept you waiting, huh?

Previews:

Mod Features:

- Items:
• Sneaking Suits (MGS 1 and MGS 2 variant)
• EXO Suit THI set (Gray Fox outfit)
• High-frequency Katana
• SOCOM Mk 23 MOD 0
• M9A1-S Tranq with Non Lethal rounds (Credits to Tikubonn for anesthetic gun code)
• Custom backstories for FOXHOUND scenario pawnkinds

FOXHOUND Scenario:

- Operation Intrude
• Start with 1 biologically enhanced infiltrator
• Pack of cigarettes
• Rations

Quests:

- Cyborg Ninja joiner
• A chance for a Cyborg Ninja to offer to fight for your colony!

Planned content:
- Items:
• Raiden's EXO suit
• Raiden's High-frequency Blade
• FAMAS-G1
• MGS 4 Sneaking Suit

- Quests:
• Revengeance incident
• Crashlanded infiltrator incident

FAQ:
Cyborg Ninja quest triggers a weird bug on the quest description!
Hello all, just to note that there is currently a known issue with the Cyborg Ninja event regarding the quest description. The quest still functions without any major problems but the description bugs out.

Rest assured it will be resolved ASAP tomorrow. Many thanks for your patience and support on the mod.

What hair mod do you feature includes Metal Gear Solid hairstyles for this mod?
Our RH2 one here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2563508022

Why doesn't Gene-Therapy 2 function as a gene for xenotypes?
Because this mod would require the Biotech DLC if it worked that way. This would cause my mod to be locked out to players without the DLC.

It is instead an implant that uses vanilla base coding.

Wombat Extended compatible?
No, please forward patch requests to the CE team Discord.

NOTES:
This is an official update of this old mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1927048814

Recommended to be played with:

Please consider to:

So we can afford to build a Metal Gear!

Credits:
Le Faux - Textures
Chicken Plucker - .xml and preview art
Arquebus - .xml and C# coding for quests
Tikubonn - Anesthetic Gun Mod .dll
Anton Betita - Acoustic cover for "The Best Is Yet To Come"
Hideo Kojima - Directed by Hideo Kojima
Hideo Kojima - Written by Hideo Kojima
Hideo Kojima - Metal Gear Solid series
Konami - Hideo Kojima

Link to Tikubonn's Anesthetic Gun Mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1220397176

Link to Anton Betita - Acoustic cover for "The Best Is Yet To Come"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fQWiFhGUk

Other mods updated:

Chicken Mitchell 2 - Hairstyles:

New hairs added

Female
- Kitsune
- Laswell
- IQ
- Meryl

Male
- Solid Snake 2
- Gray Fox
- Billy H
- Zyzz

Deathstroke Armor:

- Buffed armor by reducing move speed penalty and slightly increasing sharp protection.
- Armor cold and heat insulation severely nerfed as the insulation was accidentally left too high

23/10/23 Fixes

Uncle Boris' - Used Furniture:

- Fixed Wardrobe and Lamp End Table being set as a "Table" with Gastronomy
- Fixed stuffed categories for Wardrobe and Lamp End Table

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid

- Removed ultratech medicine from infiltrator pawnkind inventory spawn again, added cigarettes instead

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid - Fixes

- Grammar fixes for Cyber Ninja joiner quest
- Taranchuk credited in about.xml
- Cyber Ninja quest joiner fixes
- HF Katana buff for damage and cooldown speed

Chicken Plucker

Mod Updated: [RH2] Metal Gear Solid

Fixes
- Cyborg Ninja quest fixes for description.
A console error log when triggered is yet to be fixed, but the quest still functions normally.
- Sneaking suit description incorrectly displaying 5.11 TacTec description from Rimmu-Nation 2 fixed.
- General pawnkind generation fixes and additions for the quests.
- White pixel outlines for display textures of the apparel and the solar flare cigarettes have been removed
- Bandana description fix

Features
- New 50% chance for a Cyborg Ninja event to trigger alongside "Man/Woman in Black" event
- Transport pod crash incident which includes an Infiltrator

Tweaks
- Sneaking suits now use stuffable item stats, x0.87 multiplier of the fabric used in terms of armor.
- Sneaking suits now longer require steel and spacer components, rather, 2 industrial components
- Sneaking suits now require 85 Fabric to craft rather than 50
- Gene-Therapy 2 no longer has an added offset suppressing pain. It has been completely removed.
- FOXHOUND Logo redone in RimWorld style (To the best of my ability)
- Stealth Bandana now has melee dodge chance and hunting stealth stat offset rather than shooting accuracy and pain threshold
- Improved scenario description
- Improved scenario intro dialogue description

Special thanks to: Arquebus for C# coding and quest coding.
Added notes: Known issues with console log giving messages for TransportPod quest and the Cyber Ninja quest will be fixed ASAP.

24/10/23 Fixes

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid
- Fixed scenario issue where if DOOM mod is enabled, the infiltrators spawn with praetor suit helmet.

24/10/23 Hotfix

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid
- Fixed the side effect of last patch that caused vanilla coding to spawn on RH2 MGS pawnkinds

Chicken Plucker

MSF Logo

Hello all. Le Faux hasn't finished the shell for MSF yet and Arq unfortunately hasn't gotten to the MGS fixes yet. I was initially hoping to continue rolling down the hill with these updates but I've had a setback of my own with a loss of a family member. Took the wind right out of me.

I'm taking things slow for now and will get to the mods when I get to them. I'm sorry to say the deadlines have been pushed back from the "going all out" hero mode of trying to get MSF, FO and OR by December. One can hope still.

Will get back to you guys with more updates hopefully soon. As I take a bit of a breather I'm trying to work on an animation for RW.

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid - Fixes
- Cyborg ninja quest fixes by Arquebus
- Infiltrator pod crash quest fixes by Arquebus

[RH2] Faction - V.O.I.D.
- Stalker monster fixes, eaten pawns can no longer disappear completely
- Protocol code fixes

[RH2] Faction - Task Force 141
- Enlist.dll fixes for sold prisoner debuff with turn-in

[RH2] Faction - Rangers
[RH2] Faction - Bounty Hunters
[RH2] Faction - Utilitarian

- Ranger gunfighter combat power points decrease
- Enlist.dll fixes for sold prisoner debuff with turn-in
- Pawns for Hire feature added

[RH2]Uncle Boris - Brainwash chair
- Xenotype traits can no longer be manipulated to prevent issues

[RH2] Rimdeed
- Trade-in bug fixes that causes sold prisoner debuff

Skynert

Pawns for hire are only for Rangers?

Chicken Plucker

Hi all, some complications going on with the team due to irl. Ods is out again due to personal reasons, putting the planned "Rimmu-Nation: Loadouts" on hold, which was gonna add some outfit sets. Jango is also out due to personal issues irl.

Fiendakko is away for personal reasons, slowing down his contribution. TMC is also slowing down due to personal reasons.

Anyway, here's progress on MSF knick knacks:

Maxi Burger (WIP)

Maxi Cola

Joya de Contra smokeleaf cigars

Dandman is finishing the Deadpool outfit for the upcoming Deadpool mod re-release which I plan on including Weapon X serum, one weapon and perhaps a Deadpool scenario. If its too much I can simply make it an outfit mod.

TMC is slowly progressing, he's got commitments irl which are more important so the Halo armors have slown down. The good news is that we have accumulated a lot of armors. Here's a few things I believe we need:

- Emile's armor set
- UNSC Marines armor set
- Whatever else

Anyway my focus is a passion project of mine at the moment due to all the overwhelming issues of mine irl, I wanted to slow down modding again just until I finish this project:

Below is the link of the film's act 1 opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKUnwi15-kQ&feature=youtu.be

If any of you are remotely interested in this story. I won't spoil the entire plot but here it is:

Rimworld: Total Depravity - "Dying Starr"
Act 1:

Sub-Act 1: Birdie Starr is introduced as a brash, parody of a modern-day female celebrity, living a life of luxury and self-indulgence.

Sub-Act 2: Birdie's behavior leads to her being ousted by Dismal Corporation, replaced, and sent away on an indefinite cruise. She enters cryosleep on the cruise ship.

Sub-Act 3: Birdie awakens in a distant outer rimworld, initially thinking it's a prank. She encounters Bill and Katie, who take her to Ranger Dawes for help.

Quote from: Skynert on November 02, 2023, 03:39:43 PMPawns for hire are only for Rangers?

No. It's for utilitarian and bounty hunters too.

Good to see you again my friend

Chicken Plucker

Hello all, this is a progress report of what's to come.

MSF is coming sometime next week. Fingers crossed. It will be a very busy week for me and the mod has a few things needing to be done.

Issues we ran into:
- I decided to revise M2000D-NL and WU S Pistol and change them into M. Nagant Tranq and Mk 22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy"
- I decided to commission someone to create a Peace Walker "Basilisk" mech for MSF
- I decided to add a railgun for MSF for the heavy troopers
- BDUs of MSF was incorrect and Miller's version is missing
- Mod needed more previews before release
- Turns out when I said "all textures are finished" multiple times here, it was in fact, not finished.

Replaced texture:

New "coveralls" and "fatigues"

Notes: Found some errors and inaccuracy with the "BDU" fiendakko made. New coveralls are more accurate to source material and inclusion of Miller's fatigues for players/MSF trader pawnkinds.

Replaced weapons (Please excuse resolution sizes):

WU S Pistol

M2000D-NL

Replacements:

Mk 22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy"

Mosin Nagant Tranq

Notes: Am aware some of you may have preferred the weapons from MGS V: The Phantom Pain but I felt this was a necessary change. If we are to do a Diamond Dogs faction in the future (which we are highly likely to), we cannot afford to use these weapons in the mod. So, in this case, we are using the weapons from MGS: Peace Walker and MGS 3 that were non-lethal.

This allows us so much leeway for a Diamond Dogs mod in the future where all of their weapons will be untouched and accounted for.

Side note, made my own Mk 22 Mod 0 Hush Puppy texture as placeholder since I was gonna try and push for MSF this weekend, but ran out of time. Fiendakko may not have finished his version in time so I made my own for the time being, now it will be unused:

Current jobs for mod completion:
- Credit Omni in about.xml for commissioning Fiendakko for MSF and MGS texture updates - Chicken Plucker
- Maxi Burger textures for stack - Chicken Plucker
- Mission UI textures - Chicken Plucker
- Apparel Display UI textures - Chicken Plucker
- Re-texture bandana and eyepatch to be separate items - Chicken Plucker
- Re-texture Miller's scarf and aviators to be separate items - Chicken Plucker
- Finish all .xml coding - Chicken Plucker
- Do the related MGS V hairstyles for Chicken Mitchell - Chicken Plucker
- Peace Walker "Basilisk" AI controlled mech textures - Times New Roman
- C# code for Peace Walker mech that patches mechanoid fleshtype bugs - Arquebus
- C# code for Peace Walker mech that allows multiple verbs for weapons - Taranchuk

Optional jobs (may be done after release, too troublesome to do now):
- Quests
- Cigar (and cigarette for MGS mod) changed to not use smokeleaf hediff, but a new original hediff.
- Possible "Spy" quest where the pawnkind is a female spy dressed like Paz, chased by MSF and you have the option to accept the spy and fight MSF.
- Peace Walker boss fight quest
- Buildable and controllable Peace Walker mechs
- MGS Peace Walker spoof trailer

New Railgun:

Projectile:

Notes: Thought it would be more appropriate to give MSF instead of another rocket launcher.

I made a few previews done in Peace Walker's display screen style as homage to the old game. Hope you enjoy some of the showcasing of the items and units for what may be the first time in this thread.

Previews:

Side notes: As you may notice this mod has evolved from 1.0's MSF Faction from Red Horse. It's intentional, I want something fresh but at the same time I want MSF to be more morally ambiguous and dangerous- not cut out to be the good guys. I intend for their faction to have dangerous advanced weaponry with the Peace Walkers, some of their AI running amok in the in-game world with them asking for you to deal with it.

The Peace Walkers are planned to lob several rockets at its target, and if possible, I will add a flamethrower and .50 cal machinegun on the thing so everyone can have a really bad day if they're facing multiple.

Many many thanks and much props to Fiendakko for his hard work doing most of the apparel and weapon textures during my absence and return to modding. Many thanks to Omni who I have to credit for the Metal Gear Solid mod and MSF (Will edit the descriptions later) since he took the burden of funding most of the project when he wanted the 1.0 mods updated.

I wanna deliver [RH2] Faction - Militaires Sans Frontieres to you guys by Nov 12, see you then.

07/11/23

Mod Update:

[RH2] V.O.I.D. - Faction
- Fixes with bug regarding Reaper corpses turning into RoidHulk if female upon death

Chicken Plucker

Hi all, I am working through to Sunday and underestimated how busy I was gonna be this week. This week has been consistently late finishes for me so I'm sorry to say but it doesn't seem like MSF is coming out this weekend.

Much apologies to be the bearer of bad news but it'll come out asap. The stuff needing to be done irl for me job is quite important.

Anyway here are some progress on stuff:

Artwork by Times New Roman

Details:
Peace Walker "Basilisk" is a bi-pedal, AI controlled mech. MSF will have this for 1.4. It will launch rockets. I want to give it a secondary .50 cal weapon system but so far there's no coding available for that for RH2 so we'll keep things simple. To give you a perspective of its scale, this thing should be larger than most VOID creatures, and it's got a mean melee attack cause it's a giant megakiller robot.

I will try my best to make it obtainable for players guys- but I can't make promises. I just want you to know that MSF are totally the war mongering bad guys they're meant to be despite the neutral relations, and nothing says that more than mechs that launch 8 rockets at you.

Times New Roman will finish the other views and we'll see where to go from there. I was tempted to include Metal Gear Zeke for the mod but I don't know what to do with it cause its a weapon of mass destruction, and it appearing more than once in a capacity that isn't world ending is a bit silly. I'll keep it off the books unless anyone here wants to object.

Finally, I just want to emphasize the artist's skill, major props to Times New Roman because he's had very limited references for this thing. It's not like we can just get hands on Peace Walker models for this almost- forgotten mechs. He knocked it out of the park, and I couldn't have done this better myself. I'm grateful to have a talented team behind me.

Before you guys ask "Why did you choose this mech over an iconic Metal Gear"? it's simple. It's because Basilisk can be mass produced and you can encounter a dozen or more should you choose to fight MSF or if you're fortunate enough for them to provide you with reinforcements including a Peace Walker. Same can't be said for a Metal Gear, which is a world ending weapon that needed to be destroyed at the end of each game- you can't just mass produce Metal Gears without breaking the world.

Art by Dandman

New coat coming for Rimmu-Nation 2 - Clothing, just another shell. Was thinking of calling it "Veteran Jacket" but MSF currently has "Veteran Smock" so I'm unsure about the term "Veteran". I use it cause both coats are Vietnam war era, modelled after M65 but with modifications like the hood.

Art by Dandman

Deadpool mod will come as update for the Red Horse Deadpool's outfit from years back. This time I will include an implant. I may also update the Deathstroke mod with a metahuman implant mimicing his abilities.

Art by BlackMarket420

Batman mod will also come later, need to actually test out apparel accessory systems Taranchuk made for me, its not been tested. I plan on adding smokebombs, jump pack, batarangs and stun bombs for the suit. This is a bit of an early test for Praetor Suit Mk 2 for the DOOM Eternal update, cause if things go well with apparel gadgets for Batman, it will go well for the stabby stabs and flamethrower for the DOOM Eternal Praetor Suit.

Notes:
- Arkham Knight version of the armor
- Cape is a separate layer, jump pack gadget will be on it "Glide" with custom SFX etc. (Couldn't do a grappling hook, no code for it.)
- I'm Batman
- I'm Vengeance
- WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!

Much love to the late Kevin Conroy and Arleen Sorkin. May they rest in peace.

See you guys then.

Skynert

Nice work. I always watch here, you and VE team are only modders that I follow regullary. That mech, it will  be vehicle?

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid
- Royalty DLC patch for the Fallen Empire to find FOXHOUND friendly
- Gene-Therapy 2 white pixels near texture fix

Hi all, didn't have a proper weekend nor did I make too good progress on anything. Hit a stone wall on both MSF and my secondary project- Deadpool mod. Its both due to lack of C# coders being available. I know we've all got our own things going on so complaining won't be appropriate for me. I need both Arq or Taran to do something with these mods before we can continue.

The Peace Walker has been completed by Times New Roman. It's planned to be called "Peace Walker" in-game.

This is the Hughes AIM-4D Falcon, an old missile system that the U.S. had back in the era MSF would be active. I'll have the Peace Walker launch 5 of these to unlucky foes on the receiving end of the freedom tubes. You'll rest in peace alright.

Coding needed for Peace Walker:
- Harmony patch for mechanoidfleshtype to not bug out and cause Peace Walkers to be identified as "Mechanoids" for vanilla (Needs C#)
- Trailing missile smokes
- Multiple weapons/verbs (May be cut due to Taran being inactive on my end)

To answer Skynert's question before I reply to him below: Yes this is an AI controlled pawn. It is not a vehicle.

Did more previews for the mod. I wish for one more including Paz, may add her quest in the end if I have time where MSF is chasing a spy similar to Royalty's deserter quest.

Also interested in adding Ocelot plush that just adds positive moodlet around a little radius when built in your colony. Also needed an excuse to draw MSF females in their sneaking suits.

Moving on to Deadpool mod which I wanted to release this weekend but found that I cannot:

Fun fact: Forgot to save the original file for the preview, what a pain in the butt to find when I had to upload a non-final version here.

Mod will include:
- Deadpool suit and mask
Description: Will have 0.76 multiplier for armor, it's an OnSkin.
- Adamantium katana
Description: Will just use generic plasteel, steel and etc combo. Not gonna bother with a new adamantium resource.
- Weapon-X serum
Description: Will have resurrecting and rapid healing properties
- Weapon-X backstories
Description: One childhood and adulthood backstory for the scenario
- Weapon-X scenario
Description: Deadpool-like pawntype starting with Katana and one survival meal only to survive in the outer RimWorld

"Weapon-X Serum"

"Adamantium Katana"
Notes: Yeah I know. I've made A LOT of katanas already, but I really don't wanna make a Deadpool custom gun where it's painted red with joke writings. I'd rather add his special katanas for the scenario instead of either making new Deadpool guns or using vanilla guns. If in doubt- get the anime sword out.

Notes: Wanted to release this weekend but ran into a major issue where Taranchuk locked resurrector and rapid healing .dll mods that I use for VOID implants into the same .dll where VOID quests are located. I then tried to make it work anyway but it just doesn't work. He has to separate the bloody code into a new one- if he's even ever gonna be available to get around my list in time for this mod.

Worse case I can ask Arq- but he may also be overburdened with work if I dump everything on him too. It's a dilemma.

I managed to finish the Deadpool mod animation before the mod even got a chance to release, if any are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl398ecUXJI&lc=UgwgGrM1rdVVo_fzsQN4AaABAg

Quote from: Skynert on November 10, 2023, 01:56:58 PMNice work. I always watch here, you and VE team are only modders that I follow regullary. That mech, it will  be vehicle?

Hello brother, thanks!

It won't be a vehicle, I want it to just be like old school Red Horse where it's like a drone. I hope I can get it working for Biotech so you can control it manually- but one step at a time since the mod is having trouble even getting out of the door.

C# blues mate.

Chicken Plucker

Hi all, just short update regarding MSF and what's coming. Sadly as much as I have been working tirelessly and freshly back in making apparel with a brand spankin' new and streamlined template, nothing was pushed this weekend.

The MSF List:

Current jobs for mod completion:
- Credit Omni in about.xml for commissioning Fiendakko for MSF and MGS texture updates - Chicken Plucker
- Maxi Burger textures for stack - Chicken Plucker
- Mission UI textures - Chicken Plucker
- Apparel Display UI textures - Chicken Plucker
- Re-texture bandana and eyepatch to be separate items - Chicken Plucker
- Re-texture Miller's scarf and aviators to be separate items - Chicken Plucker
- Finish all .xml coding - Chicken Plucker
- Do the related MGS V hairstyles for Chicken Mitchell - Chicken Plucker
- Peace Walker "Basilisk" AI controlled mech textures - Times New Roman
- C# code for Peace Walker mech that patches mechanoid fleshtype bugs - Arquebus
- C# code for Peace Walker mech that allows multiple verbs for weapons - Taranchuk

As you guys can see, sadly not too much done. Spent this weekend running around on fire for the Deadpool mod and just relaxing with family. Was my birthday. At least Arq got the .dll done, was a massive thing, now we're back to making drones for RH2. As the kids say these days: "Bet"

Deadpool mod progress:

New plans:
Taskmaster Incident - "Along came a spider":

Black Widow Pawntype

Black Widow pawntype is fleeing, claims she's being chased by a powerful master assassin nicknamed "Taskmaster"

Possible quest names:
Along came a spider
Black Widow
Taskmaster
Task Manager
Red Sparrow

Black Widow suit will include:

(Widow's Bite gadget UI)
A built-in stun gun with the suit.
Note: Black Widow suit will be the prototype for future gadgets on apparel, such as the Batman suit and DOOM's Praetor Suit Mk 2. If we can get ONE stun gun working, it'll be all gucci.

Also the suit is from End Game, and so is the hairstyle.

Taskmaster Pawntype:

Energy Longsword:

Notes:
Equipped with an Energy Longsword, a custom Taskmaster shield belt, this pawn will have Max Melee stats, custom backstory, potentially his own implant that maximizes his reflexes, causing him to be extremely nimble for attacks.

We'll call the implant "Photogenic Reflex implant" or something, goes in the brain.

This pawn will spawn solo, during the Taskmaster incident, chasing a Black Widow pawntype, and you will have the rare chance of recruiting one or just killing them.

Wolverine Incident - "Stranger in Yellow":

Wolverine pawntype with planned implants:
- Adamantium bones
Desc: Enhanced durability for the pawn
- Adamantium claws
Desc: Powerful melee attacks with the implant without need of weapons
- Weapon X serum
Desc: Same as Deadpool's, rapid healing and rapid resurrection after death

Wolverine pawnkind will only spawn if your colony has been torched. I think any other incident introducing a pawnkind this powerful will be broke, but how cool is it that you get a "huge jacked man" after your colony gets torched.  8)

Other plans for the deadpool mod:

Mod 1: RH2_ForcedPawnKindNames.dll
Pawnkinds forced names:
- Forced forename
- Forced nickname
- Forced surname
- editable in .xml
- Alternate names if pawn spawns as a different gender please
i.e. "RH2_Pawnkind_Wolverine"
<FirstName>James</FirstName>
<NickName>Logan</NickName>
<SurName>Howlett</SurName>

Mod 2: RH2_ForcedPawnKindGender.dll
Another pawnkind extension please, just forces a certain pawnkind to spawn as a specific gender
i.e. "<ForcedGender>Male</ForcedGender>

The following two new .dlls would allow us to modify faction leaders, which I can use for future mods. I will probably set MSF's leader as a male always guaranteed to be Big Boss, we shall see with the possibilities. Potentially it'll just be a big boss nickname, so I don't end up with 100 clones of Big Bosses that all look alike, in case players kill them.

The gender one is useful for Last Man Mercs' return, cause of their barbie pawnkinds, and for other factions with forced genders for pawnkinds.

In this case, I just want Black Widow pawnkinds to always be female.

Other plans:
- Alternate Taskmaster armor from PS4 Marvel's Spider-Man (Will likely be its own mod if it isn't finished before this mod is out
- Gwenpool apparel and pawnkind for crashlanded incident

This is what the Deadpool mod has evolved into guys.

Deadpool scenario will now start with:

x1 Deadpool
x1 Adamantium Katana
x1 Chimichanga

Adamantium Katana re-texture
Notes: used a lot of the Hanzo sword for this, hated the old texture. The real sword wasn't that straight and I have come to find straight swords like that may be weaker. Handle isn't ergonomic. Prefer this new one.

Chimichangas

Made of vegetables and meat. You start with only one for the Deadpool scenario, sad times.

That's all for now folks. I know a lot of you have been waiting eagerly and expecting MSF, I'm sorry it isn't here and that it isn't even ready. It may take another 2 weeks guys, I know I didn't have to ADD all these new Deadpool features but I opted to do that instead cause I wanted to have some fun. MSF is honestly kinda stressing me out cause I'm afraid it won't be as good as I hope- and I'm anticipating a lot of troubleshooting.

On another note I wanna finish an animation for MSF before release, but sadly Eleven Labs has locked me out due to a limit with changing and adding voices. Sucks, didn't know that was a thing and I now sit on over 90,000 free characters for voices, and I have no use for them because I can't have a big boss, miller or paz voice for what I wanna make.

See you guys soon.

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Progress report:

The Multiverse of Modness

(Taskmaster re-textured, details below. Old version has been cut.)

Hey all, worked myself to heck Friday to Saturday, I REALLY thought this Deadpool mod was gonna be easy peasy but I  bit off more than I can chew and underestimated this and MSF.

Anyway some progress has been had and some positive new stuff we have.

NOTE: Most text below are placeholders, as the descriptions haven't been finalized yet

Scenario

Notes: As you can see, I didn't edit the names of the pawns that spawn. Arquebus has coded a way for me to force names based on gender, so you are always guaranteed Deadpool. Along with the backstory, I found that this is gonna be a load of fun.

I can incorporate these new mechanics for other mods later, just wait and see. Tempted to add it for MSF and force Kazuhira Miller or Big Boss, but there may be unforeseen consequences if there ends up being 10 big bosses after you kill the first one. While it will be hilariously accurate to Metal Gear (Spoiler alert) due to the several body doubles claiming to be Big Boss that dies in the series, I think its less reasonable than seeing multiple versions of marvel heroes.

There he is, you crashland as Deadpool, with one chimichanga and your adamantium katana. I've added custom sounds to the sword as its meant to be powerful.

Credits to Sovereign and BlackMarket420:

New Taskmaster sword, will be renamed to "Monomolecular Blade" rather than energy sword.

New Taskmaster armor, Insomniac games' version from the Spider-Man game.

He always spawns as "Anthony Masters" with the Nickname "Taskmaster", and so does Gwenpool and Wolverine. At the moment Gwenpool and Wolverine's coding in .xml isn't finished so their bodies and hairstyles aren't spawning consistently.

I decided to give him 20 on everything except 2 skills he can't copy, Social and Intelligence. Taskmaster is supposed to have photographic reflexes, I am currently awaiting on coding that enables him to dodge 80% (May be more) of incoming melee attacks as currently the game caps this to 50%. He is also meant to have an insane learning boost.

Reminder that Taskmaster will spawn chasing a Black Widow pawntype. He will be part of a scripted event that you will encounter only once, like the fleeing praetor. He is extremely powerful as an enemy, I designed him in such a way to be as comic book accurate as I can in that he could defeat multiple foes in melee combat (including VOID melee fighters) and has decent protection against projectiles.  He IS meant to be a boss fight, and if you manage to capture him, you've earned him.

Taskmaster Belt:

Just a generic shield belt you can fire out from. Has a lot of protection, slower recharge than the bounty hunters' one. May specify stats later if and when I finalize things. I thought he needed this, otherwise he was too soft for the boss fight, especially when you attack him with multiple pawns.

I suppose against a tribal colony, with the monomolecular sword he can make quick work of everyone- but what the heck do you expect when a comic book villain, master assassin fights a bunch of tribals with sticks and stones.

Chimichangas variants:

We have normal, meat and vegetarian. This will use base game coding similar to fine meals and etc.

Implants:
Weapon X serum:

Description: Extreme rapid healing, rapid resurrection upon death.

Wolverine serum:

Description: Enhanced physical abilities. Claw attacks (unfortunately labelled as Wolverine serum in damage hediffs, rather than being labelled claws. May separate claws for that specificity later)

Adamantium Bones:

Description: Pawn is slightly slower on movement, enhanced physical resistance to damage, enhanced melee penetration

Photographic Reflexes:

Description: Pawn has ability to dodge almost all incoming melee attacks, pawn has the ability to rapidly increase learning and retain skills (skill retention to be fixed)

Super soldier serum X:

Description: Increase the pawn's physical abilities.

Super soldier serum x had to be made for Deadpool and Taskmaster since they're a bit too fragile. I know some iterations of them include no enhancements besides their main abilities, but in some cases, Taskmaster took an experimental Nazi serum from Red Skull, and in some cases Deadpool has insane reflexes before he even had his healing abilities.

For the sake of a blanket fix, I went with a slightly inferior version of Captain America's super soldier serum and just chalked it down to being called "X" cause it fits the theme. I can also implement this on Deathstroke in a form of a sidequest patch if the mod is enabled.

Gwenpool outfit textures by DanDMan:

Side note: Have asked him for a Deadpool powered armor, alongside a Wolverine one. It'll be for a later update, cause currently if you do enjoy playing as these pawns and take their roles seriously, you wouldn't want to keep them in their flimsy costumes. Even with their healing abilities, seeing them die over and over gets annoying, so I figure they need their bespoke endgame armor.

Gwenpool and Black Widow doesn't get one. Black Widow is already wearing her End Game attire (rip) and Gwenpool is never really seen seriously fighting cosmic threat level enemies in anything other than her normal attire. As for Taskmaster, he already looks cool as heck.

Am considering a Crossbones enemy addition to the mod later but I think I've done enough in terms of content and should move on to MSF cause everyone including me wants to get that out already.

To be done for Deadpool Mod:
- Hairstyles for Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Widow (x2)
Note: Hairstyles may require both male and female variants.
- Test apparel gizmos for both Black Widow and Taskmaster to have stun gun/stun bomb abilities, and smokepop bombs.
- Coding for Taskmaster's reflexes
- Finalize implant hediffs
- Credits in about.xml
- Polish and finalize descriptions
- Code all quests
- Deathstroke mod patch that adds a Deathstroke pawntype with a crashlanded quest included
- Previews for Steam release

Side notes:

To be done:
Rimmu-Nation 2 - Weapons:
AK74 texture swap

Metal Gear Solid:
Push K-Ration cooking fixes since its currently labelled as "MREs"

MSF:
- Mission UI texture
- All other huge list of .xml coding

Other progress:

Jedi powers:
Force push:

Force shield:

Shash has been slowly but surely coding Jedi abilities for our Old Republic faction later. Currently the force shield is using a placeholder texture from Vanilla Expanded, the coding is also taken from them and changed around. It's going to be fixed later on the final product obviously, at the moment its in closed testing.

There will also be an ability that lets Jedi use Jedi mind tricks which triggers pawns to have confused wandering mental breaks.

Halo:

TMC is working on Emile's armor. I'll add a skull version of the helmet, I may keep a version without the skull, and another with. And yes, I've asked for the EVA helmet to be non-transparent since I think its weird showing a full bald pawn who may or may not have hair.

Final words:

Guys I do apologise for jumping from project to project and the delays, it's been tough. Sometimes the team doesn't budge either cause they all have their own things going on, and me personally when it rests on my shoulders to do the remaining bulk of the work it gets overwhelming. I used to be able to finish these rapido but now things need quality and lots more testing due to the new toys we have to play with and the responsibility of quality assurance.

As soon as Deadpool mod is done, I'll move on to MSF, get that mod out, see whether or not I can finish UAC or First Order, either way I aim to get at least two new factions out before 2024.

Quote from: Skynert on November 24, 2023, 04:09:51 PMHappy Birthday!

Hi, thanks Skynert

I appreciate the gesture bro