[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Red Horse ² Early Access Link:

1.4 Google Drive

NOTE: Not every mod in this collection will be linked below. Some mods will only be found by looking through the Google Drive folder containing the RH2 mod collection.

This is a warning. This is a welcome. This is home.

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Red Horse ². With the advent of 1.3, came higher quality mods from many talented artists that raised the bar and the expectations of players. 128x128 resolution textures were now commonly seen as "too blurry" and "pixelated" in comparison to what many players came flocking to, which is high resolution textures on top of quality and well thought out mods.

The goal of this series of mods is to remaster all of Project: Red Horse. To improve coding, to declutter some code done from the early B18 days in .xml and for the new art style to mimic the highly sought after vanilla style as close as possible.

As a once mentor and engineer once told me: "Either do it right, or do it again."

Upcoming Mod:

- [RH2] Faction - First Order

Q&A:
Will you remaster absolutely everything?
I will remaster what I can within the constraints of my spare time.

DOWNLOAD LINK

DOWNLOAD LINK

DOWNLOAD LINK

Disco Link

Boris Link

Brain Link

DOWNLOAD LINK

GOOGLE DRIVE LINK (BCD FOLDER)

ARREST DRIVE LINK

Download Link

Factions:

DOWNLOAD LINK (FACTION FOLDER)

Project: Red Horse (Original Thread): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40519.0

Chicken Plucker

Here's a sneak peek of what's going on. I am now using a new template, an A4 canvas.

After some talks with JangoD'Soul and Ods I've gotten some advice, I'll be working with 512x512. Current stuff I'm doing:

- 5.11 TacTec Body Armour
- 5.11 24 Rush Backpack
- Some generic plate carrier accessories, mag pouch, utility pouch, PRR and etc.

Found I can do only two textures for daysacks now and the new 1.2 system can let me put them on all bodies. It's gonna get good. I'm happy with the result of the new artstyle, looks a bit like South Park but once it is done I think it'll fit right in vanilla.

Waiting for that job offer from Tynan, brb.

Chicken Plucker

Progress is slow and steady.

EDIT: De-scaled to fit in forums.
EDIT 2: Updated preview to have watermark and more finished previews

Detail: Just doing some backpack varieties, having fun with this new vanilla style. Didn't think I had it in me. Been streaming it with a friend in Discord "burnswhenip" just so he can see the progress and learn a few things.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on February 14, 2021, 03:44:17 AM
Looks nice.

Thank you Skynert you legend. I'm hoping to release a small package mod here before Monday, with at least 2 helmets, 2 body armours, all the backpacks shown and a few weapons. It'll be a little taster for what's coming home.

hauvega

Looks really good so far.  Taking a break right now.  I need to come up with some new signs and flag ideas.  Take care.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Rocket_Raccoon

Looks promising.
Mood: excited for what is coming.

Chicken Plucker

512x512 Weapons:

So I can't take images from google anymore and add outlines to them as part of this new series' feature. Pimp My Gun is sadly shut down as an effect of the Adobe Flashpocalypse, and it means I have to do my own art for weapons now. Gave the Glock 17 a try and got very positive feedback from peers.

Moved on to an M24 sniper rifle, felt more simple than expected

Then we move on to the tacticool territory with the LVOA-C and the stupid freakin handguard detail that I managed to get done while listening to an entire AskReddit video and using the "Multiply" feature a lot and bleeding the original details into a bit more abstract vanilla-esque blend

And the FN MAG which looks epic victory royale, got feedback from Austiopaio that needs less thicker outline to look more bulky, tried it but it looked smalled somehow.

Quote from: hauvega on February 14, 2021, 09:51:19 AM
Looks really good so far.  Taking a break right now.  I need to come up with some new signs and flag ideas.  Take care.
Thanks hauvega! Good to see you again bro, been so dead tired around here so I know how ya feel

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on February 14, 2021, 11:37:23 AM
Looks promising.
Mood: excited for what is coming.
Thanks Raccoon, so am I  8)

Chicken Plucker

Currently working on the BUMP helmet, finished the front view. Am very pleased with the result.

Other two weapons I've done today:

DDM4 V11

M1911

With the amount of work needed for each weapon, I have come to the realisation that perhaps a lot of weapons are going to be removed from the Rimmu-Nation pool. Same applies for apparel, duplicate backpacks and stuff. It's a new dawn now lads.

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Finally finished all EXFIL Ballistic views. Plan on doing at least 1 more helmet and armour and backpack, but deadline is before today ends to release this early build.

Next items planned:
- FLUX ballistic helmet
- Flyye Swift Body Armour (May change)
- Flyye tomahawk backpack

Next weapons planned:
- M82A1
- P90
- AK47
- VSS Vintorez (May Change)

Quote from: Skynert on February 15, 2021, 04:14:15 AM
Oh my. It's breathtaking!

No YOU'RE Breathtaking  >:(

Chicken Plucker

Flyye Tomahawk Backpack

Just got notice to be back at work tomorrow. I'll have to finish this, code back at base and just release what I have asap.

TFW I'm running out of cash dough to pay for food, still getting used to managing my food money, transition from cheap training food to real world adult responsibilities are new to me so when I got called I got a bit nervous knowing that if I didn't manage my money well I'd be out by the end of the week. Frick. On the bright side I get to be on a helicopter tomorrow, worse case scenario they'll make me jump out of it.

Cancel that, that is the best case scenario cause I can eat the dirt and save that way

Note to self: Maybe if I stopped buying stupid call of duty mobile skins I'd have more food money, who'da thunk

Last weapon I've done today, .38 Special aka Colt Cobra. why not?

Better get my butt to base. See you next time space cowboys.

EDIT: Crowboys*

We're all crows now.

Preview art:

Option #1 (2 votes in discord)

Option #2 (2 votes in discord)

Which one would you prefer? Feel free to post here

Display lineup:

Note: Added more detail where I could, I.E. visible and accurate back view seen of helmet without being worn. Will be a pain in the butt later cause quality can slow me down, but hopefully it means I dont have to return and re-remaster the remaster of these mods in 2023 when the Army tries to get rid of me by making me do postings all day painting picket fences white

Finished Flyye Tomahawk Backpack:

Yes, I am doing south views of these but I just flip the north view and paint over it so it's not worth showing

Final thing folks, please vote in the poll. Need an opinion for what to do with Rimmu-Nation².

Would you rather have the onskin clothing/jackets and etc. separated from the Armour/Webbing/Helmets/Backpacks or altogether in one mod?
The option is there for people who do not want to oversaturate their saves with unwanted onskins like before, but may still want to use the tacticrow/tacticool/crowboy/cowboy gear.

If separated "Rimmu-Nation² - Outdoor Gear" will be standalone from "Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing".

Chicken Plucker

Did a weapon before helicopter time today. Turns out I don't have to jump out of it and that I'm not gonna be broke as I thought. Need to trust God more.

Anyways this is the Desert Tech HTI, I know I could've done the M107/M82A1 first but I thought to do something not so commonly done already, always found the design of this .50 CAL AMR a lot more interesting cause it isn't seen as much.

Time for me to pop smoke guys, will try to do at least one weapon everyday or something. Really wanna do the FLUX helmet, gonna be a nice new addition to the headgear. Missed release window, no time to code atm cause I gotta learn how to code the backpacks with the 1.2 stuff.

See you later space crowboy

lakajadiwa

Wow, I have to say I am so excited for these new textures! :D

CP, how extensive are you going with these awesome weapon updates, planning to just update them, or all textures + some new guns?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: lakajadiwa on February 16, 2021, 07:29:14 AMWow, I have to say I am so excited for these new textures! :D

CP, how extensive are you going with these awesome weapon updates, planning to just update them, or all textures + some new guns?

Hey my friend! Im planning on rebuilding from the ground up. Doing the coding a different way, I.E. get rid of the old version compatibilities because I've been doing previous version compatibility wrong resulting in the mods taking memory space that isn't necessary.

I want to get rid of the black hat station until it is reworked to a good standard from Military Furniture, sadly the vending machines and arcade machines are going too. They may return reworked as standalone optional mods. Recruitment may end up having it's own new mechanic, along with the radio. They may also be made standalone.

I'm thinking of doing my own CE patches now, depends on how complex the coding is. I want to get rid of many weapons in Rimmu-Nation, like multiple versions of the same weapon. I want to get rid of multiple versions of the clothings I.E. minimise variants of helmets and hats if possible if they're the same kind.

Main plan for apparel is to stop doing outfits that are both legs and tops unless they're coveralls or flight suits etc. I want people to have the ability to customise what pants they wear with whatever top they want. That is gonna be tricky cause showing pants texture may need C#. I'll find out. If it does I'll just pay the cost.

Besides new textures that's my long term goal. I may also choose to balance the weapons after vanilla, but I think a lot of people do prefer the Rimmu-Nation projectile to stay the way they are.

EDIT:
TL;DR Red Horse 2 plans
- Make clothing more modular with visible pants and separate tops
- Remove highly imbalanced production buildings such as Black Hat stations and rework them for later
- Make factions depend on Rimmu-Nation so that we can save memory on RimWorld with less duplicate files
- Remove old RW version compatibilities to save memory for the mods
- New vanilla style textures in high resolution
- Minimise amount of apparel if possible, I.E. Different coloured fleece jackets? Just do one white one that can be recoloured in code
- Chickens

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]