[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing Updated
Download link in front page

Flux Ballistic helmet added

Mk 7 Helmet and Osprey Mk 3 body armour added

- Peltor Optime II Ear Defenders added, however not compatible to be used under helmet therefore it is only modular with balaclavas and etc.
- Drawsizes for display items tweaked
- Wasing hydration pack added
- Helmets no longer add 0.05% accuracy
- Helmets now reduce move speed
- Backpack carrying capacities tweaked, mass of each backpack tweaked depending on how much they can carry

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on February 20, 2021, 01:17:32 PM
Well, I will never really get what people seem to have with the c version of the g36  :P
Kabar looks very nice, can´t have enough pointy things to pacifiy :)

Thank you, also I like the C version because of the original Modern Warfare game, the last mission having that weapon used. The K version just isn't shown as much in media, but that's about the only reason I can come up with

Canute

QuoteDownload link in front page
Finaly ! :-)
But could you maybe made a mod/download summary on top of the first posting ? Then people don't need to scroll down and search for all the download links ?

Chicken Plucker

Alright so we're talking about tactical dresses today. They're tailor made for the best and brightest elite forces in the world

Some would say, this is all thanks to the Navy's ingenuity in their willingness to push boundaries by experimenting on the aerodynamics of a battle dress. I'm just kidding, I apologize to all of you who had to witness this.

Saw a £50 competition to make an original design battle dress for anime girls. I thought to myself "Yeah I need that money" so here we were spending the rest of my day doing this. First half of the day was doing an animation for TMC cause he wanted me to make one for his WIP mod. Here's your eye bleach:

Got busy day tommorrow, planning to remove pouches and accessories from Osprey body armour and maybe getting some other thing done. Dunno what else. Haven't got long left today.

Quote from: Canute on February 21, 2021, 07:56:03 AM
QuoteDownload link in front page
Finaly ! :-)
But could you maybe made a mod/download summary on top of the first posting ? Then people don't need to scroll down and search for all the download links ?

Come on Canute it's good exercise for the fingers to do press ups on the mouse to get to the download link!  ::)

I may sort it out later when I release Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons since we'll have more things to download then

Chicken Plucker

DOWNLOAD LINK IN FRONT PAGE

Okay so before I slept I decided to burn through sleep time. Here's to hoping I don't get in trouble tomorrow by oversleeping on the job.

Osprey Mk III body armour pouches removed, I believe it looks better and it's intended to be worn with webbing anyway despite having MOLLE. (Webbing comes later)

5.11 Balaclava added, was a pain cause it kept rendering above helmets, turned out I just had to change the defname for some reason since calling it something like 511B made it become prioritised above other headgear

Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons added. Yes you read that correctly, your eyes do not decieve you.

Ironically spent so much time making the weapons HQ they had to be downsized in game cause the knives and handguns were too big.

Rifles had to be sized down too cause they were too big. I'm thinking I might as well change all these to 256x256 but keep working on the 512 canvas.

Few weapons missing, i.e. STI 2011 Combat Master, Remington 870 and MP5. Also the workbenches and whatever are slapped onto vanilla for now, just like clothes. I had to stick to original "RNApparel" and "RNGun" naming system in defs for the .xml coding since I didn't realise I already did that for clothes, so it's too late to call them "RN2" for those of you spawning them in dev mode. This message is really for guys using Rimmu-Nation original version, spawning the items will get confusing cause the system is similar but not quite the same.

That's all she wrote, yes Canute I'll sort out the download link later, right now I really have to pee and sleep. Preferably not at the same time.

EDIT: Yes, yes the Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons mod size folder is too big, that's because the original versions (of the texture) take a lot of space and I've had to keep their backup while using the downsized versions. As stated, my planned solution for these mods is to downsize further to a 256x256 canvas. Ironically the problem I have now with remastering is there's too much quality that it can cause problems for the long term players with hundreds of mods, so I have to reduce quality. One of the most narcissistic sounding statements I have made. "There's too much quality." Sorry lads, gonna bang them out tomorrow.

Chicken Plucker

(Work In Progress)

Working on the M416 this morning, gonna go office for our final CQB lesson. Tomorrow is the exercise, feeling the pressure to make sure I don't make another mistake like last week and get in trouble. Gonna get things done then go finish this, sleep and whatever. Cheers all.

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons updated, download link in front page Canute, come on lad

Done version. Correction "HK416" cause some video games called it "M416" i.e. PUBG and Battlefield so I got into that habit of calling it by that other name. Anyway, didn't mention this but I finished the new SOFLAM texture a while ago:

So in this new update:
Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons:
- MP5A2 added
- Remington 870 MCS added
- STI 2011 Combat Master added
- HK416 added
- SOFLAM added

SOFLAM isn't a separate weapon system anymore, it goes in your tiny little hip just like the other bombardment targeters in the game so you can look freakin' tacticool walking around with an oversized looking telescope by your side. Sure as hell impractical in real life, which is why it goes in a haversack, but who cares? You look ally as fricc dude.

Worn version, with the cap covering the lens

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

EDIT: Forgot to mention, deleted original 512x512 textures from the mod folder of Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons to save space. Will think about size reduction of textures later for reducing memory usage stuff

EDIT pt 2: The Ludeon Boogaloo - Skynert buddy I know I said I was gonna do G36, and I'll yield and do the G36K just because it's you. I was gonna do it next but it intimidated me with all its unique shapes and details so I've been sticking to common and simple-ish designs. I'll try get it done this week, always aim for a new armour and helmet during weekends but I try do weapons everyday if it isn't busy

Chicken Plucker

Found this in the garage before we went, a Mk 7 helmet which is the same colour in the mod and without a helmet cover.

MrBriggs18

I'm personally not fond of military training and/or jokes, but I like the items in the mods. Mostly. Weapons are cooler than ever, but something in the armors makes me feel like they're a bit blurred and bland. Probably the way actual stuff is supposed to look. Just personal opinion here. About Rimdeed - I find it to be a very good idea. Not sure if I would pay money for that though. Good luck on your training, people are actually reading your "stories". Well, some of them, at least.

Chicken Plucker

Mod Idea Pitch:
"[RH2] Online Marketplace" (Name is subject to change)

• You have access to the Comms Console, and a new option "use Rimbay marketplace" is available
  • Rimbay allows you to make used item purchases for the delivery fee of $500 (price subject to change)
  • Item health will range from 50% to 100%
  • Meals and raw ingredients (meat and vegetables) except survival packaged meals will be banned from sale.
  • Luciferium will be banned from sale.
  • Purchases will have a 1-7 day delivery delay
  • Sales will have a 1-7 day payment delay but your item is taken immediately
  • Upon purchasing or selling you will receive a confirmation everytime the "accept button" is clicked to confirm your order or sale payment, and that they will arrive within 1-7 working days detailing what item was sold or purchased and how much was spent or will be paid. Delivery fee charge of $500 is included.
  • When purchase or sales fund arrives, you will be given a confirmation through a positive incident letter "Rimbay: Delivered"
  • Archotech and other high tier items will be tagged "Very expensive"
  • Rimbay online marketplace item stocks will change every 4-7 days

Note: Prices will depend on item quality, some item categories being more expensive but the previews do not reflect actual prices.

Question:
What do you guys think about Rimbay? Already wrote the order for Rimdeed to Taranchuk the coder. Here's to hoping it doesn't cost me over 100 USD to make, but I'm hoping Rimbay will be freakin' epic. Imagine buying a used nuclear weapon over there and getting annoyed that it's been 3 days and your order hasn't arrived yet. It'll be funny.

Quote from: MrBriggs18 on February 24, 2021, 11:44:24 AM
I'm personally not fond of military training and/or jokes, but I like the items in the mods. Mostly. Weapons are cooler than ever, but something in the armors makes me feel like they're a bit blurred and bland. Probably the way actual stuff is supposed to look. Just personal opinion here. About Rimdeed - I find it to be a very good idea. Not sure if I would pay money for that though. Good luck on your training, people are actually reading your "stories". Well, some of them, at least.

I appreciate that, not everyone likes everything I put out, I just can't help it now cause this is what I do. I find it cathartic to write the stories here sometimes cause it gets stressful here being away from family and not having anyone to talk to. I'm living on my own now and it's all new to me, there's nobody to tell how my day was except for some of the readers here (if they were interested) so I just put it out if possible.

As for the comment about body armour, it can't be helped they come out blurrier in game but I've tried to replicate vanilla style best I can. No inner black lines and different shades of colour. I understand its harder to see especially cause everything is either brown or green but that's just how it is, especially when zoomed out. After all, the stuff is meant to be camouflaged

Still busy today guys, no art or updates. Did send the order for Rimdeed, and another planned Rimbay expansion if it works out. Haven't got much time left, but I played enemy again today and will do so again tommorrow. Shot good guys, got shot by good guys, much pain, much cheddar and onion crisps and water, not much sleep. Goodnight

MrBriggs18

I'm not sure about this idea really. If the fee is too big, then it'll be pointless to purchase stuff here, since it will not just cost more in the end but will also be damaged already. Need to be careful with numbers. The armor, well, I'm not a big fan of vanilla style. Camouflage part makes sense though, I guess. Good luck on your training and don't get shot in the head - you'll need that part for later.

Rocket_Raccoon

I find your stories interesting( also to read how other armed forces do their stuff)

Regarding the shopping mod idea: I use a system roughly like that but it gives me x amount of specific item from your weapon mod f.e but with random quality. A system like yours where I can specifically order item x in y quality is neat. In the end, it all depends on the price and your liking of the mod I guess.

Question on the side: how far/much issued is the virtus kit?

Chicken Plucker

As said I would, I was gonna work on the G36K. It's still in progress, gonna sleep cause I have to wake up 0830 to clean rifles and pistols all day long. Oh yeah.

And no the magazine isn't an image, it was painted over as well with the eyedrop tool being used heavily

EDIT: Correction, the small plastic "hole" near the rounds on vector art hasn't been painted over yet so that stuff is part of the image, big oof.

Quote from: MrBriggs18 on February 25, 2021, 11:18:49 AMI'm not sure about this idea really. If the fee is too big, then it'll be pointless to purchase stuff here, since it will not just cost more in the end but will also be damaged already. Need to be careful with numbers. The armor, well, I'm not a big fan of vanilla style. Camouflage part makes sense though, I guess. Good luck on your training and don't get shot in the head - you'll need that part for later.

Could always reduce the fee to something else or just have no fee. Rimbay is always online so long as there's power and a comms console so that's its advantage over any other trader. I did get shot in the head, face and eyes from these lads but GSR and helmet made me feel none of that. You feel it on your arms and legs most cause they have the least layers in terms of clothing, so they aimed for that if they wanted to get cheeky. I got double tapped by 3 guys with half a mag of C8 for doing a last stand with a pistol after getting shot in the leg. Good times.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on February 25, 2021, 11:36:38 AMI find your stories interesting( also to read how other armed forces do their stuff)

Regarding the shopping mod idea: I use a system roughly like that but it gives me x amount of specific item from your weapon mod f.e but with random quality. A system like yours where I can specifically order item x in y quality is neat. In the end, it all depends on the price and your liking of the mod I guess.

Question on the side: how far/much issued is the virtus kit?

Happy you do bro, when I screw up badly (like I did above) I find some peace in venting it out here in the forums, I find it funny later when I read it back.

Rimbay - item qualities will be randomised cause vanilla already does that.

Note on body armours: Have considered it, may redo them all because I don't like how Briggs doesn't like it and I want it done right. Especially because I realised the magazine pouches on 5.11 TacTec is on the right side of the plate carrier, when most of the ally bods I see have the mag pouches on their left side since you are told never to take your main hand off the pistol grip (commonly the right hand). To those who don't know why, it's in case an enemy shows up, you can still have your hand near the trigger instead of having to flap about and possibly get filled in

"You either do it right, or you do it again until it's done right."
- CPL Shmillsy 2020 (Not his actual name)

Rocket_Raccoon

Yeah, have seen a fair bit of virtus kit on ebay, hence asking since f.e german i.d.z stuff you don´t find imo that plentiful/often. But then again, the Bundeswehr is a story on its own regarding funding/equipment  ::)

In regards to the plastic knobs/studs on the g36 mag, those should be the ,,clips" to put two or more mags together jungle style. Sig 550+ mags also have that feature afaik.

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons updated, download link in front page Skynert Rocket_Raccoon, come on lad

Ladies and German rifles, I present the G36K. Only two textures produced this week, busy week. Did not want this to be the only thing I finish this week so I also threw in something easy.. No not a pistol, a knife.

Ladies and Vietnam veterans, the "First Blood" survival knife. Oh yeah. Absolutely rushed texture but doesn't look half bad for an hour job.

Quick knife balancing mafs:
Eickhorn Recondo - Fastest cooldown with the least damage
KABAR - Slower knife than Recondo for stabbing but more damage
First Blood - Slowest knife for stabbing but most damage

This only applies for stabbing, I believe all their slash and handle blunt damage are the same.

P.S. Was a coincidence I am nicknamed "Rambo" in the office now (cause I shot a friendly during ex) and I choose to do the knife from First Blood, wanted to do it since I did KABAR. Pretty tacticool.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on February 26, 2021, 12:25:17 AMYeah, have seen a fair bit of virtus kit on ebay, hence asking since f.e german i.d.z stuff you don´t find imo that plentiful/often. But then again, the Bundeswehr is a story on its own regarding funding/equipment  ::)

In regards to the plastic knobs/studs on the g36 mag, those should be the ,,clips" to put two or more mags together jungle style. Sig 550+ mags also have that feature afaik.

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]. It's alright, I can share the pain with you lot by not having dual mags on your rifles in this Rimmu-Nation² update. Will think more about work and more mods later, wanna rest.

Cheers all!

P.S. If your balaclava renders above helmet, I was told that all you have to do is wear the helmet first and it'll be fixed. Cheerio.

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² - both mods updated, download link in front page

L96A1, added to Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons.

Note: Found it slightly more difficult than most of the other weapons I've done, only had a low resolution reference (as seen in the outlines) so I had to do extra work and some details weren't really easy to see

5.11 TacTec redone, just swapped the pouches. Decided it didn't need a redo since it looks good anyway.

Magazines in off-hand makes me sleep better at night

Preview in game.

M9A1 Work In Progress. Just broke it down to multiple colours.

Worked on M84 stun grenade last night, trying to get it to be a belt layer item you can use as a secondary just like the Vanilla Expanded version grenade belt but right now it's not coming out with the desired results.

Here's other textures for it:

(Thrown)

(Belt)