[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

MrBriggs18

My opinion on the armor textures isn't exactly valuable since as far as I know, most of the Rimworld community goes nuts after vanilla-like style, unlike me. Though it's a bit hard to tell what's the real situation when there's so few people actually talking. Cool new guns, by the way.

Chicken Plucker

(RH2) Rimdeed® - Pawn Recruitment
mod release

DOWNLOAD LINK

(Download link in front page and the image above)

QuoteDescription:
What is Rimdeed®?
Rimdeed is an online comms console service that allows businesses to seek job applicants. Our online CVs offer just enough information about the jobseeker so our clients can hire a new beloved member of their team!

How to use:
* Use Comms Console and select "Use Rimdeed recruitment website"
* $5,000 cost to advertise your business, guaranteed 1-5 applicants within 1-3 days.
* Accept and reject as many applications as you want!
* Try our FREE Trial! 1 guaranteed application for your business. (Refreshes after 90 days)

Customer FAQ:
* Is Rimdeed compatible with Combat Extended?
- Rimdeed® prides itself with being compatible with Combat Extended.

* Is Rimdeed compatible with other faction mods and races?
- Rimdeed® believes in equal opportunity, therefore applicants from other factions and races are allowed to use our service!

* Can I enable Rimdeed mid-save
- Yes, you can safely enable Rimdeed mid-save.

* Can I remove Rimdeed mid-save?
- Yes, you can remove Rimdeed mid-save however you may receive errors especially if you are pending applicant arrival. Simply ignore the errors and move on after removal.

* Can I sell my pawns in Rimdeed?
- No. Rimdeed® is not a human trafficking service.

* Can I get a refund? I did not find an applicant I like!
- Rimdeed® does not offer refunds for its service. We cannot be held responsible for the quality of applicants that our clients recieve. Upon using our service, you agree with our Terms of Service.

* I want to speak to the manager?
- Rimdeed® customer support is managed and run by exactly one muffalo, Mr. Fluffles the Team Lead. Any and all complaints will be redirected to Mr. Fluffles. We will send you a confirmation email to look into the issue and an investigation will be conducted.

Legal Disclaimer:
Rimdeed® does not offer refunds for its service once employers have agreed to pay by clicking the purchase button. We are not responsible for the quality of applications that are received by our clients. We have the right to reserve our jobseekers' personal information including medical records for data protection purposes. Any and all information in the jobseeker's CV are given with written consent. Rimdeed® cannot be held responsible for any potential cannibalism, workplace fires, organ harvesting, lack of tables and other workplace related incidents both caused by and inflicted on jobseekers once they have been accepted by their new employer. Rimdeed® is in no way affiliated with any other company that exists outside of the outer RimWorlds and cannot be sued because our GlitterWorld lawyers do not want to visit other planets.

Previews:

Quote from: MrBriggs18 on February 27, 2021, 11:06:05 AM
My opinion on the armor textures isn't exactly valuable since as far as I know, most of the Rimworld community goes nuts after vanilla-like style, unlike me. Though it's a bit hard to tell what's the real situation when there's so few people actually talking. Cool new guns, by the way.

Nah my friend, feedback is valued here. Cheerio

Big shoutout to Taranchuk who made this mod possible!

Canute

Without try out rimdeed so far i allready got a suggestion.
It look's like you get 1-5 random pawn.
But at last myself i would like to choose one or more categories.
Like need a skill of x in y.
Need passion/burning passion in y
One search criteria should be free, and adding further ones would cost extra.

Chicken Plucker

mod updated

DOWNLOAD LINK

(Download link in front page and the image above)

- Customer service added
- 1-5 applicants changed to 2-5 with service
- Grammar fixes for CV

Quote from: Canute on March 01, 2021, 02:57:17 AM
Without try out rimdeed so far i allready got a suggestion.
It look's like you get 1-5 random pawn.
But at last myself i would like to choose one or more categories.
Like need a skill of x in y.
Need passion/burning passion in y
One search criteria should be free, and adding further ones would cost extra.

A bit too costly to implement sadly Canute, customer service, a simple joke feature alone cost 20 bucks. I may have to reserve it as a possibility in the future or leave it out completely

EDIT:
Rimdeed updated
- More CV related fixes

Update #2
- More CV fixes
- Rimdeed main page logo changed

Skynert

Oh my, I dont recieve notification and miss 2 pages. Sorry, it all looks great. One question, if I add Rimmu-Nation² too my current save how much it broke my colony? You know, I prefer steam workshop becouse it's self update. And this G36 is awesome! My second favourite rifle, first is P90 becouse StarGate SG-1. I wish for real StarGate teleporter in my Rim ;/

Subscribed and add to favourite, my Desert_Shithole_Town_1 now have acces to professional organ donors security, with is nice.

Canute

Quoteif I add Rimmu-Nation² too my current save how much it broke my colony?
Add mod's with item's to an existing game shouldn't made any problems. Problems only happen when you remove such mods ! :-)
But just to be safe, keep the old safegame.
When a mod add new faction they don't appear, except you use (pre 1.2) Faction Discovery or for 1.2 Vanilla Expanded Framework so new faction will discovered over time.

Skynert

Quote from: Canute on March 02, 2021, 06:35:13 AM
Quoteif I add Rimmu-Nation² too my current save how much it broke my colony?
Add mod's with item's to an existing game shouldn't made any problems. Problems only happen when you remove such mods ! :-)
But just to be safe, keep the old safegame.
When a mod add new faction they don't appear, except you use (pre 1.2) Faction Discovery or for 1.2 Vanilla Expanded Framework so new faction will discovered over time.

Yea, I know but I use Old Rimmunation stuff in my current playthrough

Canute

So far i see is Rimmu-Nation² a new mod and don't replace any of the old ones.
You might have some item's with the same name if Rimmu-Nation² add similar ites like you allready got at Rimmu-Nation, but i don't think that should be a problem, but it depend how CP defined these items.

Skynert

Ill wait for Chicen for answer

A'propo why i love P90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8

Chicken Plucker

Focus has been diverted to Rimdeed and other things outside of the fighting equipment fellas, my apologies. I have a broken-ish Rimdeed update I won't upload here yet, I regret updating the one on steam in fact. We'll have it sorted by tommorrow.

Quote from: Skynert on March 02, 2021, 02:11:32 PM

A'propo why i love P90

All the Rimmu-Nation² items have been designed to have new defnames, they're not gonna overwrite anything because they are new items. That's the problem. I wanted people to leave the old stuff and use the new stuff but there's not enough content for it yet.

Balancing is totally the same with RN projectiles using the same defnames and stats and etc, apart from a few minor changes like body armours and helmets being nerfed in terms of giving less bonuses and helmets slowing you down this time.

Gotta go sleep, not much to say cause I'm exhausted. God bless you all.

Skynert

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 03, 2021, 12:25:25 AM
Focus has been diverted to Rimdeed and other things outside of the fighting equipment fellas, my apologies. I have a broken-ish Rimdeed update I won't upload here yet, I regret updating the one on steam in fact. We'll have it sorted by tommorrow.

Quote from: Skynert on March 02, 2021, 02:11:32 PM

A'propo why i love P90

All the Rimmu-Nation² items have been designed to have new defnames, they're not gonna overwrite anything because they are new items. That's the problem. I wanted people to leave the old stuff and use the new stuff but there's not enough content for it yet.

Balancing is totally the same with RN projectiles using the same defnames and stats and etc, apart from a few minor changes like body armours and helmets being nerfed in terms of giving less bonuses and helmets slowing you down this time.

Gotta go sleep, not much to say cause I'm exhausted. God bless you all.

I always use at least 2 gun mods sooo... I think I can change for new Rimmunation becouse my people are using Sharp SticksTM

Chicken Plucker

mod updated
(Download link in front page and the post above)

- Trade In system added
- Ban system for getting jobseekers killed within protection added
- New service package types added
- More CV variants
- About.xml tweaks
- New moodlet for hired jobseekers
- New moodlet for selling pawns to Corporate Hubworld
- Some bug fixes
- Mod settings added

* Will Trade In with Rimdeed cause "sold to slavery" negative moodlet?
- Employees sent to the Corporate Hubworld, will be taken care of and provided high quality facilities for the benefit of sending them to future employment that they are consenting to and are given incentive to apply for. This therefore sets a mutual understanding between all of our clients, that Rimdeed® publically condemns the slaver industry and is an official business that conducts things according to what the laws require.

* What is the Corporate Hubworld?
- The Rimdeed® Corporate Hubworld is where we take former slaves and other offworld employees. Rimdeed® believes in delivering quality of care to every employee who we highly value due to the profits they generate. Our facilities have single housing accomodations, five-star dining, recreational facilities and GlitterTech level medical treatment. During their stay in the Corporate Hubworld they will undergo training to become effective team members for when they progress to a new career.

NOTE:
If you've been using this non-DRM copy for your save, simply ignore the error regarding something not being found. It is because the silver package has been moved to a new webpage in-game. Safe to ignore.

"Chicken where is my tacticool gear, where the frick have you been?"

Been tired and busy running around doing more maintenance for Rimdeed. Managed to make it to front page top 3, haven't had that for a while since VOID Faction mod was released.

Been working on some new business ideas:

Pepperoni classic flavour

Boomrat BBQ flavour

Vegetarian flavour

Hotwings side meal

Bepsi

Tanfa

Dr. Phoebe

Mecha-Cola

Blight

Delivery outfit:
ProTec Prime Pizza Time bike helmet

Mountain Warehouse Merlin backpack

"Pizza Time" - Spider Parker 2002

Pizza Time - Fast Food Service
- Online delivery
- Fast food hediff effects when consumed, slowing down metabolism, blood filtration, movespeed etc.
- Drink hediff effects, slower restfall speed, faster movespeed, addiction etc.
- Uniform
- Pizza delivery job, maybe with salary or simple quest events

What stresses me out is, I start a small mod idea and it turns out great but I'm bombarded with a lot of people, often from steam wanting to pitch something in not realizing how expensive or difficult their suggestion is. Sometimes it can get overbearing. I was just doing this Pizza Time mod and was bombarded with suggestions to make NPCs use visitor AI and drop the pizza and this and that like it's the easiest thing in the world. Not that easy folks. I understand suggestions are good but the way I counter sometimes and explain why it can't be done only to be given the short refute ended with "easy." retort drives me insane, partly cause of sleep deprivation from the mods.

I'll get on going, very tired tonight and I have a meeting that I can't miss this time with someone important. Cheers all

P.S. Couldn't find Peter Parker's exact helmet model so I found ProTec who happens to also do bike helmets. I am doing some online service mods to make it easier for people to focus more on fighting and less on production and micro management, however I've been doing my best to find downsides from choosing these easy access systems.

Canute

I just try to remeber what MMORPG got the /pizza command, which redirect you to Pizza delivery. :-)

QuoteCouldn't find Peter Parker's exact helmet model
No spiderman delivery service ?
Since Peter is allways broken (before he got sponsored by Stark), Spidy courier service could be the fastest in the town.

Chicken Plucker

Rimdeed updated
Download link in post above or front page
- Reduced Trade In pawns in generation to minimize lag upon opening trade screen
- CV additions
- 404 ERROR made more obvious that it's part of the mod, not a real error

About a year or two ago we were talking about the "Wasteland Republic" which was supposed to be a faction based on the NCR.

What sparked the old interest in this vanilla based faction that I used to play as in the A15 days, is when someone voted for me to prioritise faction mods. I thought "What faction would be the easiest to release first? Can't be this.. or that.. what if.."

And then it hit me, it's gotta be one I haven't shown everyone yet, and it's gotta be one with the most vanilla looking designs. The Wasteland Republic Rangers.

I'm thinking about changing the name of their faction, but I can't think of a better replacement.

Added handkerchief scarf and ranger badge accessories

Ranger Duster

And last but not least, based on Betty Lester's old designs:

Old Designs (around 2018-2019):

(New version, with the Vigilante Helmet) (No armour planned at the moment.)

Betty Lester is the ranger who started this organization. She is someone who was a part of a republic that fell, a sole survivor that believed in a sense of justice and making sacrifices in order to do what is right. After having lost all of the people she knew, she lived a life as a ranger cleaning up towns and becoming a folk hero around locals. To them, she didn't need to make a difference to the whole world because the differences she's made through her choices meant the whole world to them.

It's a very goodie two shoes faction, and I've noticed the trend lately of Rimdeed and my recent mods in development being very wholesome and departs more from the edgy, gritty, low saturation dark themes of the modern age and the wars being waged by shadowy organizations and governments. I just felt like maybe this is the kind of stuff a lot of us need right now, going back to the old ideas of what brings hope, and the good ol' fashioned "by the books" kind of heroes that have a sense of morality that isn't overshadowed by multiple shades of grey. Pizzas and fizzy drinks, badly written job applications inspite of a world full of raiders and organ harvesting. I thought to me, we live in a very cynical age and things seem to be getting bleaker, and subconsciously this has lead me to producing some mods lately that are very "goodie goodie" type, especially with the Sam Raimi Spiderman references, because those movies in of itself were very bleak if you think about it, yet our protagonist managed to rise above all the hell thrown at him. He wasn't a hero because of the powers, he was a hero because he didn't need the powers to be the person he turned out to be. He just needed to keep going, and to keep trying to be better than who he was when he first began.

The Vigilante Helmet has combined designs of DOOM's raven helmet, HALO's recon armour helmet and the clone wars helmet attachments, visor and radio. It makes for a scrapyard look. I don't know if I should do a body armour, perhaps a power armour that dusters can go over.

Right now this faction is having an identity crisis, what exactly is it trying to be?

It can't be the NCR, it's been done. Their weapons are cold war, some sci-fi suggestions for the elite pawns. It can't be both NCR, old western and cold war.

Weapon pool:
Ruger Red Label shotgun
Winchester Model 70 rifle
AR-15 (original wood stock design)
Colt Walker (The revolver from Marty Robbins' Big Iron song)
Sci-fi revolver* (* means may be removed)
Sci-fi sniper rifle*

Apparel pool:
Ranger Duster
Ranger Hat
"Vigilante" Helmet
Sling Haversack
Haversack
Ranger badge
Handkerchief scarf*

Very tired, thought to share my thought process on the recent mods in development. I wanted a break in the super bleak future that is VOID (that was a metaphor too) and the inevitability of the Red Horse story leading to all the factions having to deal with them. In this mod series (my head cannon) cannon, it always began with the player's vanilla faction, in this case my one were the Wasteland Rangers. I think it's a perfect time to introduce them, especially now that I know I can get the feeling of their faction right because of the new art style I'm doing.

Of course, I can't end on talking about good and greatness without mentioning God. Things do get hard, with everything going on, the pandemic and other things to worry about. It's nice to know there's good out there, and it's all handed down by God. I'm grateful for him and I will continue praying for even you guys. I'll get to bed now, stay safe, stay healthy and God bless. That's Michael Franzese line, sorry lads

Quote from: Canute on March 05, 2021, 02:55:55 AM
I just try to remeber what MMORPG got the /pizza command, which redirect you to Pizza delivery. :-)

QuoteCouldn't find Peter Parker's exact helmet model
No spiderman delivery service ?
Since Peter is allways broken (before he got sponsored by Stark), Spidy courier service could be the fastest in the town.

Look Canute, nobody is stopping Pizza Time. Not even Randy

Rimdeed update 0.22

- Ban description tweaks
- Ban description grammar fixes

Skynert

QuoteThe Vigilante Helmet has combined designs of DOOM's raven helmet, HALO's recon armour helmet and the clone wars helmet attachments, visor and radio. It makes for a scrapyard look. I don't know if I should do a body armour, perhaps a power armour that dusters can go over.

I know that I saw that designs somwhere :)

Names... Oh my for me it's always problem. When I neeed in my novel name dreadnought's for example, it's hard to make something original, so I name them from highest Earth mountains,
Everest for example. You want Rangers to be good good guy's. Maybe... call them Betty's Rangers? Like those good mercs from Fallout 3 - Relly's Rangers