[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Chicken Plucker

Rimdeed updated
Download link in front page or post above!
- Fixed BUG with Trade Ins not appearing when game starts
- CV grammar error fixes

Been running around doing textures, developing two mods at a time.

- Finished all Ranger Dusters. Finally! Will refer to them as Wasteland Republic until I think of a better name. I like Skynert's suggestion but Betty would be the kind of character who wouldn't want her name in the group.

Worked on more Pizza Time assets:
"Dire Raid" (Special thanks to DkPepper for the name)

"Don't Shoot"

Those are the last of the beverages, they are based on the drinks you can actually get from Dominos pizza here in UK. It's quite a selection.

Hawaiian (Forbidden) Pizza - Most controversial content I've ever made #There'sNothingWrongWithPineappleOnPizza

"Chump's Meal" "See ya chump!" - Pizza Parker 2002

"Chump Borger"

Greasy Cookies Dessert for you guys who just finished a whole box of pizza and hotwings by yourself. The bloody cookies they serve here are so greasy, it makes me think about a future heart attack

Hotwings The staple pizza side. A measly small amount of hotwings, probably made of Emu. I redid the boxes to better fit the content inside.

That's all for now, still finishing up the Vigilante helmet, leaning towards making a Vigilante body armour or I may call it "Vigilante Mesh" or whatever something cool.

Quote from: Skynert on March 06, 2021, 04:55:23 AM
QuoteThe Vigilante Helmet has combined designs of DOOM's raven helmet, HALO's recon armour helmet and the clone wars helmet attachments, visor and radio. It makes for a scrapyard look. I don't know if I should do a body armour, perhaps a power armour that dusters can go over.

I know that I saw that designs somwhere :)

Names... Oh my for me it's always problem. When I neeed in my novel name dreadnought's for example, it's hard to make something original, so I name them from highest Earth mountains,
Everest for example. You want Rangers to be good good guy's. Maybe... call them Betty's Rangers? Like those good mercs from Fallout 3 - Relly's Rangers

Very cool suggestion, but I do know it's one of those things were Betty Lester's character would outright refuse and even put it in her death will because the rangers were never about any individual person, she would believe that it's about the people. I know it's all cheesy Mary Sue stuff, but I enjoy cheesy goodie two shoes stories cause oftentimes the hero faces the greatest challenges when they're offered to compromise in such a world full of adversity and evil. I'm gonna stop blagging on about that for now, but we'll think of a name later, hopefully by the time all their gear is done it'll be ready

P.S. you made me look up old Fallout 3 lore now, very enjoyable!

Chicken Plucker

"Vigilante Helmet"
This is the colour I've decided on and it closely mirrors the originally planned colour. I didn't want it to be too close to the NCR colour, despite a red visor looking pretty cool, it just ripped the identity away because everytime I saw the helmet, I saw what I felt like was a rip off.

"Colt Walker"
Ladies and Cowboys, the Colt Walker. I read that it is the weapon referenced in Big Iron by Marty Robbins, and it's what Marty was holding in the album cover. If I'm wrong I'll just cry about it later.

Planned items:
- A holster that possibly produces a shield belt you can shoot out of, but it won't be as strong as the UAC or VOID belts.
- Badge
- Vigilante Armour. Has to be original, not gonna be easy.

I'll go sleep folks, goodnight

Skynert

I like Hawaiian pizza. Hmm maybe it's a reason why I also like our WarCrime Simulator... I mean... Rimworld!

Colt looks nice, but i really want that duster. You know that I prefer Rimmunation over other guns mods even when I have them, but I also use 1 kind of AR for example AK-47, one kind of pistol etc. I mean my pawns are using AK's even if my armoury is full of other guns. On current save i "stole" 4 LAW launchers from drunked muffalo who entered my chemshine stash. Few days later mechs attack (Thanks Oscar from VFE team ;p) They wiped out half of colony becouse I forgot about those LAW xD Reload time. I also forget that I can still call for support from Military Furniture.

Chicken Plucker

AUGUR Sling Canvas Bag:
Rangers travel light, it helps to keep a low profile patrolling the outer rim towns. Sling bags and messenger bags are the go to for Rangers, they're also in fashion among their group because they look purty rootin' tootin' tacticowboy

Muffaberg Root Beer. A once obscure family business harassed for protection money and free root beer by raiders. The Rangers liberated them from their captors and received the handsome reward of lifetime supply of free root beer. The company has since grown into mass production, further supported by the fame it receives from being associated with the rangers.

Macronchy Bros Ranger Rations. Formerly a small time, independent company that helped produce survival packaged meals, the brothers owed Ranger "Betty Lester" their lives. They were aided in a small town shootout with local raiders. From there on the town flourished and was left alone, and the Macronchy Bros decided to manufacture a new line of delicious Ranger Rations, free for the Rangers to resupply with anytime they need. The business has grown and are now everywhere the rangers are stationed.

Doing more items for the Rangers, still trying to find a name. The root beer brand is based on "Bundaberg" root beer which my mom stockpiled in her living room and I happened to only discover on Google trying to make root beer, not knowing we had some around. The rations are based on Maconochie Army Rations from WWI.

Quote from: Skynert on March 07, 2021, 05:13:17 AM
I like Hawaiian pizza. Hmm maybe it's a reason why I also like our WarCrime Simulator... I mean... Rimworld!

Colt looks nice, but i really want that duster. You know that I prefer Rimmunation over other guns mods even when I have them, but I also use 1 kind of AR for example AK-47, one kind of pistol etc. I mean my pawns are using AK's even if my armoury is full of other guns. On current save i "stole" 4 LAW launchers from drunked muffalo who entered my chemshine stash. Few days later mechs attack (Thanks Oscar from VFE team ;p) They wiped out half of colony becouse I forgot about those LAW xD Reload time. I also forget that I can still call for support from Military Furniture.

I'm happy you like the original Duster! I based it off a Red Dead Redemption 2 picture of someone who created an Arizona Ranger. It's colorable so that's a massive customization plus. Thank you for your story, it reminds me I need to do more weapons after these mods are sorted. I forgot how difficult it is to deal with armored enemies like Centipedes without Anti-Tank now, easy to take for granted with the old Rimmu-Nation Arsenal.

Also Pineapple on Pizza is great, I feel sad I've been peer pressured into only taking BBQ ones now cause I got roasted too many times in basic training for liking pineapple on pizza. Never forget.

Vintage KABAR
Every Ranger carries a trusty combat knife on their person. A knife can be used for a multitude of things, hopefully one of those reasons won't be because you are out of ammunition.

Modern KABAR (for comparison)

Winchester Model 70
A long range bolt action rifle used by Rangers.

Currently designing the Vigilante Armour. It's just a modified recon armour, not sure on the final look yet but I'm happy with the results here.

Skynert

Nice, cool Tacti-Fallout-Tech look. Oh, and i take two crates of root beer. Important thing. It will be craftable?

Chicken Plucker

New designs for Vigilante Armour, decided to scrap the ALICE pouches and leather shoulder guard. Was no need for them, sometimes less is more. Added a classic western holster.

Quote from: Skynert on March 08, 2021, 06:33:23 AM

Nice, cool Tacti-Fallout-Tech look. Oh, and i take two crates of root beer. Important thing. It will be craftable?

Yes! All the apparel and weapons, craftable. I am unsure about the food items however, due to things like the Root Beer's ingredients being unavailable. Could always do neutroamine and ambrosia? Maybe.

Got called back to work Thursday so I don't know what that means busy wise but I'm back to my lonesome in camp by then. Hope its not for too long

Skynert

Root beer can be made off beer and... and... potato. Why? Why not.

Chicken Plucker

Finished the vigilante armour. Left the Hulk front view with a duster for example.

I decided I wanted to do an elite ranger force and got into looking at M1 helmets, some kind of special forces like the SAS. Then I kinda got carried away.. Chose the P1944 British WWII gasmask and also decided maybe the best headgear to go with this is.. The Brodie helmet. That's another British Great War equipment, rather than M1.

It made me think, this isn't quite right. It's not western, it's not "rangers" and it ain't even NCR apart from the Brodie helmet. I was thinking maybe go all the way with it, give these guys a brand new dark colored winter coat, the similar kind the peaky blinders use. It'll look like a duster but it's a winter coat. Their units will be called "Paratroopers" or "Airborne Rangers" and they'll have the Thompson submachinegun. Was thinking about giving them the MP5.

That still didn't sit right by me. These guys aren't like the other rangers. It would work if they were special forces for the Wasteland Republic, but I'm not doing Wasteland Republic, those guys are only a part of the back story of the rangers now. If I were to do W.R. as a faction, I'd need to craft more uniforms.. more weapons and more styles for the footsoldiers. I'd have to re-brand the story of the faction so far, and the ranger specific gear like the rations and backpack? well they may have to be redone cause it's not just about the rangers now.

All in all, I wanted to ask if it bothered anybody here that there's some obvious non-western British style forces.

Faction pawnkinds
- Ranger
Apparel:
Ranger Hat, Duster,
Flak vest, button shirt, pants

- ?? (Paratrooper) (Airborne Ranger?) (Elite Ranger?)
Apparel:
P1944 Gas mask, Brodie helmet,Duster (black winter coat?? new textures needed)
Flak vest, button shirt, pants

button shirt, pants

- Veteran Ranger:
Apparel:
Equipment: Vigilante Armour Set, Duster
button shirt, pants

It may mean that I have to accommodate the backstory for these special forces guys, who are clearly a homage to the SAS cause why the heck not if they're paratroopers. I don't want to overcomplicate or mess up the identity of the faction and deviate too much from the original plan.

What are your thoughts as someone who wants the faction mod as a feature? Please give us a shout about it.

Should I just scrap this extra idea of a ranger special operations force and keep things simple, or throw it in?

After all, this isn't an American faction, it's American-based off the Rangers of old. We are in an outer Rimworld setting where nations and states aren't really clear. It could make sense for this different style of rangers to co-exist because they were some kind of ally that they absorbed into the Corps of Rangers. I'll wait for your comments, dear readers.

EDIT: Forgot to add.. This is their faction logo. Thought it didn't need to be anything else, like the Texas Rangers

Quote from: Skynert on March 08, 2021, 10:28:15 AM
Root beer can be made off beer and... and... potato. Why? Why not.

Here's what I may do for the root beer recipe:
Neutroamine
Ambrosia
Herbal Medicine

Rimdeed updated, download link available in front page
Rimdeed 0.25 fixes
- Hiring all pawns in job application screen now says "All job applications hired" instead of 404 ERROR

Done the Brodie helmet over the P1944.

It looks good, but it's not ranger material. It's not republic material either, which just gave birth to a new faction idea of mine: Outlander "Commonwealth". It's a new kind of faction like outlanders, they're a commonwealth advancing in the industrial tech. They keep to themselves. We'll worry about it later.

Skynert

QuoteAirborne Rangers
Maybe Drop Pod Rangers? Becouse, for unknown reason in the Rim we dont have airplanes. Even bikes ;p

Rangers are good vigilante guys, they should have simple gear and units. It's your story and faction but I think they dont need "special forces" becouse they are not Task Force 141, Ghosts or GROM (Polish special forces) Rangers are not a part of "Coalition of Drunk Blue Muffalo", if they were, then ok they can have even armored muffalo unit. Or Division 303 formed from muffalos who can fly in Spitfire's...

Canute

Who need Airborne when you can have Spaceborne ! :-)
Combat nanosuits with integrated shield or skip device ! :-)

Chicken Plucker

Chosen the M1 Garand as the main battle rifle of the Rangers. To this day, still can't think of a name for their faction.

I have been very busy today, motivation is low knowing tommorrow I'm off to return to camp for weapon cleaning and other unknown surprise chores. Hopefully not picking up crap cause I miss the meeting on Zoom again this Friday. That's a reminder to myself.

Betty Lester, another animation with the new gear for the Mod collection portrait of Red Horse²: Factions. Her hairstyle is based on reboot Lara Croft's hairstyle, and it dawned on me I have to do all of Chicken Mitchell hairs again in 512x512. I only did the front view for this animation, I didn't wanna do inner black lines again so the end product for the hairstyle looks pretty good to me.

Quote from: Skynert on March 09, 2021, 02:12:28 AM
QuoteAirborne Rangers
Maybe Drop Pod Rangers? Becouse, for unknown reason in the Rim we dont have airplanes. Even bikes ;p

Rangers are good vigilante guys, they should have simple gear and units. It's your story and faction but I think they dont need "special forces" becouse they are not Task Force 141, Ghosts or GROM (Polish special forces) Rangers are not a part of "Coalition of Drunk Blue Muffalo", if they were, then ok they can have even armored muffalo unit. Or Division 303 formed from muffalos who can fly in Spitfire's...

See this is what makes me wonder now. If I did the full Wasteland Republic it'd be extra work but I will have good reason to give upgrades for the whole faction, but the problem with that is the Rangers will lose their own identity and possibly just end up looking like another RH faction. Cheers for the suggestions.

Quote from: Canute on March 09, 2021, 02:29:36 AM
Who need Airborne when you can have Spaceborne ! :-)
Combat nanosuits with integrated shield or skip device ! :-)

Hey Canute thanks for the suggestion, I don't know about the shield belts now, but I may do the built-in jump packs that need chemfuel. Would you guys think that's a great add-on for the vigilante armour? Or just leave it as-is?

We'll see. I gotta go sleep, cheers all

Skynert

Jetpack, hard to say. It's too WH40k style for me. I have idea! What's Rangers home planet name? Maybe call them [Planet_name] Rangers. Like... they originated on Wooly Muffalo planet, but idea of that kind of good guys giving free root beer and muffalo, and no fee protection from Manhunting rabbits go to the stars. So on my Sand planet I can have Sand Rangers, on other... [Planet_name] Rangers. Im no modder, Im simply consumer of mods and dont know if you can randomise names in that way. And M1 Garand, they say you cant hear images. <reload_clang>

And btw. Im understanding that right, that you are in the army but also work somewhere?

Chicken Plucker

"Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air" - Joey Scarbury

Rocket boots UI, I don't even care lads. ROCKET BOOTS!

You have to refuel it with chemfuel, Max I'm allowing is 25 and each of those is a tile. Max range you can jump so far is 8 tiles, but I may reduce it. Vigilante Armour isn't built for flying but we ain't about flying here, we're about lookin' cool in the sky.

Getting closer to the objective. As expected, root beer is the biggest pain in the butt to code cause I have to make it a drug with new addiction coding. BOO!

I'll get back to the coding later, got lots to do today.

I have decided Canute's suggestion is cool. Shield belts AND rocket boots, but the shield belt is more of a bonus, not the main means of protection so it won't even be as good as vanilla shield belt (especially since you can shoot out of it) and rocket boots, enough said, they're cool.

Quote from: Skynert on March 10, 2021, 03:55:23 AMJetpack, hard to say. It's too WH40k style for me. I have idea! What's Rangers home planet name? Maybe call them [Planet_name] Rangers. Like... they originated on Wooly Muffalo planet, but idea of that kind of good guys giving free root beer and muffalo, and no fee protection from Manhunting rabbits go to the stars. So on my Sand planet I can have Sand Rangers, on other... [Planet_name] Rangers. Im no modder, Im simply consumer of mods and dont know if you can randomise names in that way. And M1 Garand, they say you cant hear images. <reload_clang>

And btw. Im understanding that right, that you are in the army but also work somewhere?

Ranger home planet is the outer rim XD

Think I'll go with plan B and just make them random generated names.

As for job question, cause of COVID we get sent home so I can just get fat at home, [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

Look Skynert, the time has come. It ain't about WH40k, it's about walkin' on air.

Skynert

Quotesometimes it's getting shot in CQB training as a terrorist,

Thats not nice. Buuut I assume it's better than 36 hour counter innterogation training that SAS have xD. I heard about it in the internet so it must be true.

Rocket boots, it's crazy. I take one contener. And the screenshots, it's look nice, but isnt revolwer too big? Just a little?

Canute

QuoteAs for job question, cause of COVID we get sent home so I can just get fat at home so long as I do the PT they ask me to,
You just could freely run your 5 miles each morning, just to keep you fit ! :-)

Quotebut I get called about every month for some surprise chore, sometimes it's getting shot in CQB training as a terrorist, or sometimes it's cleaning weapons and whatever else the senior guys don't wanna do but will happily send new guys to do.
Combat drill over video chat ? :-)
Wasn't there a FPS from the army for recruitment issues ? Couldn't they use that to train you all at home ?