[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Chicken Plucker

Note: Image 1 and 2 are sped up for memory compression purposes

Finally got Root Beer to work! This means I've unlocked the secret to soda beverages, all thanks to VGP Sodas. I'm gonna have to give credit to dizmarzero for all his help. The soft drinks coming in RH2 aren't gonna be drugs that have addictions, tolerances and all that bullcrap. They're just consumables that give a minor positive hediff and small moodlet boost. If Maxi Cola ever returns however, that one will be a drug.

Jump pack testing, bit of an annoyance cause I have to call it "jump pack" cause Taranchuk only coded it to be one name. If I call it rocket boots any future jump packs I do will be labelled "rocket boots". The animation isn't as cool as Locust Armor but that's cause it's an originally coded mod, not taken from Royalty. Had I just taken Locust Armor coding we could end up running into issues with big man Tynan like O21 did and the mod will need Royalty DLC dependency. Big no no for people who don't have the DLC.

Totally unedited shot. It was edited. She may have missed a few times.

That's all folks. Please note quality of images are greatly reduced due to .gif compression. They look better and more crisp in game. I'll get to bed and work hard tomorrow so I can get back to these mods. Cheers!

P.S. Got a commission request to make "RimNotes"

Hey look, I'm not a big fan of the conspiracy triangles either, they're not very tacticool but this is what the person requested. They want me to make this part of RH2 which I don't like the thought of. Initially he wanted this to be a new service Rimdeed offers, and I thought that won't make sense in my story cause Rimdeed is specifically for jobs. Then he wants me to use my Offworld Bank (unfinished concept mod for a bank account)

Reference:

Quick rundown description:
Offworld bank allows you to use an online banking service to withdraw and deposit gold and silver to a planet outside of the outer rim. There is an interest rate increase every 30 days in your account.

This person commissioning me wants this company to be involved with adding a new currency which I also thought doesn't fit in the Red Horse story cause Offworld Bank is just a banking service that stores your silver and gold, they have no intention of getting in the market of creating bank notes. Gonna have to explain this to the person later.

Oh yeah just to vent, didn't get the SKS in cod mobile in time cause their last task for it was stupid and it was to kill 5 people in battle royale with a revolver that NEVER drops on the crates. Waste of time, waste of money. Thanks Activision. Tynan please fix call of duty, thanks. /endofrant

Quote from: Skynert on March 10, 2021, 09:59:11 AM
Quotesometimes it's getting shot in CQB training as a terrorist,

Thats not nice. Buuut I assume it's better than 36 hour counter innterogation training that SAS have xD. I heard about it in the internet so it must be true.

Rocket boots, it's crazy. I take one contener. And the screenshots, it's look nice, but isnt revolwer too big? Just a little?

I compared it to the other pistols and vanilla revolver, looks about right to me and I am guilty of wanting to display the details  8)

I got your root beer workin' you better be happy you rootin' tootin' outlaww

Quote from: Canute on March 10, 2021, 10:12:04 AM
QuoteAs for job question, [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]
You just could freely run your 5 miles each morning, just to keep you fit ! :-)

Quotebut I get called about every month for some surprise chore, [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]
Combat drill over video chat ? :-)
Wasn't there a FPS from the army for recruitment issues ? Couldn't they use that to train you all at home ?

I don't know what you're on about Canute, I assume you are joking about getting trained with video games. [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

Skynert

0830? It's a warcrime

QuoteFinally got Root Beer to work! This means I've unlocked the secret to soda beverages, all thanks to VGP Sodas. I'm gonna have to give credit to dizmarzero for all his help. The soft drinks coming in RH2 aren't gonna be drugs that have addictions, tolerances and all that bullcrap. They're just consumables that give a minor positive hediff and small moodlet boost. If Maxi Cola ever returns however, that one will be a drug.

Yay!

Canute

QuoteI don't know what you're on about Canute, I assume you are joking about getting trained with video games. I am not in the RAF sadly so I don't have the luxury of getting paid to get rekt by kids on fortnite. I do that for free
Not joking.
Just take a look
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Army

https://theconversation.com/how-the-us-military-is-using-violent-chaotic-beautiful-video-games-to-train-soldiers-73826

But i can't verify the true of the second article, but i found similar ones at other sources.

Chicken Plucker

Got 5 hours to sleep before big meeting so I'll keep it very short cause I'm also tired. Rangers are getting closer to being done, they're pretty well balanced so unsurprisingly they aren't as powerful as the old RH1 factions, these guys can lose to pirates especially if the pirates have better weapons from other mods. I may have to upgrade the rangers with some more weapons.

There's a bug with jet packs that causes the pawn to be deleted if they fly into the same spot they're standing in, bunch of other fixes needed.

Had to create a new mote based on Royalty DLC's flame jump mote. It was much needed to avoid Royalty dependency due to using the same texture or whatever

New jump pack animation courtesy of Taranchuk. It's using the same animation code royalty has but it is coded to work differently than the one in the DLC, no .dll, art asset has been taken other than the .xml stuff replicated for the animation.

Quote from: Canute on March 11, 2021, 04:12:23 AM
QuoteI don't know what you're on about Canute, I assume you are joking about getting trained with video games. I am not in the RAF sadly so I don't have the luxury of getting paid to get rekt by kids on fortnite. I do that for free
Not joking.
Just take a look
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Army

https://theconversation.com/how-the-us-military-is-using-violent-chaotic-beautiful-video-games-to-train-soldiers-73826

But i can't verify the true of the second article, but i found similar ones at other sources.

Sounds very experimental, they would probably save more just making us train with actual rifles in a scenario. You can't check your weapon safety or avoid muzzling the guys around you in a video game. Those kinds of drills can only be learned with actual experience because a video game just doesn't have the same weight of danger and consequence

Need to fix backpacks not appearing on faction pawnkinds and a bunch of other stuff

Going to bed, see ya later

EDIT:

Just got it working, all it took was one number change. Coolio

Cat tax, game named it zelda gg goodnight

MrBriggs18

Had to catch up with quite a lot here. Nice food textures, hope they will look fine ingame too. Wondering what's canon behind Red Horse and other stuff since there's apparently more than just buncha items for the sake of quantity.

Skynert

Nice. Just write something to recieve notifications. Cant wait to add another faction to my crazy moded game that starts FIVE minutes xD

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: MrBriggs18 on March 12, 2021, 10:23:45 AMHad to catch up with quite a lot here. Nice food textures, hope they will look fine ingame too. Wondering what's canon behind Red Horse and other stuff since there's apparently more than just buncha items for the sake of quantity.

RH canon mod series, in summary:

>Wasteland republic is formed and tries to unify all outlander and tribal communities in an outer rimworld but falls to a mechanoid invasion
>Meanwhile in a Midworld highly resembling earth, it is invaded by mechanoids, they nuke their own world a few times to try and win but mechanoids wont stop coming and they wont stop coming
>Scientists progress with space travel by reverse engineering mechanoid tech to get the heck out of there
>Most of their people make it to an outer rimworld
>Outer rimworld  attracts the attention of interplanetary businesses and corporations, i.e. VATGROWN Inc., Rimmu-Nation, Rimdeed, Pizza Time, Offworld Bank and Private Military Companies funded by shadow organizations
>Commence wars and fighting over territory, resources or whatever other reason while corporations benefit in the background
>VOID, having prepared for a few hundred years jumping from world to world gathering technology, comes in and decides it'll be a great show of strength to wipe everyone out on their own and start a new glitter world

I hope this makes sense.

Quote from: Skynert on March 12, 2021, 01:02:38 PMNice. Just write something to recieve notifications. Cant wait to add another faction to my crazy moded game that starts FIVE minutes xD

Oh I hope you guys still find the rangers exciting, it's starting to lose the novelty for me. I don't know what it is, I had this story of them being legendary gunfighters but they keep getting owned by pirates during testing.

Its the result of balancing I guess, even if their armor is super cool it's no Praetor Suit or even Hunter Reactive

Working on more gear for our Rangers. I've decided to arm their elite units with the AR-15 and a few more weapons. My rule will be that the weapons they use must be American made (except for an AMR) AND it must have a wooden stock or pistol grip to keep to the western look

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

Skynert

QuoteWe had a meeting today and I was shocked to find out that explosives are found everyday all around Europe and even the UK, but it doesn't always make it in the news. I.E. "Warrington Grenades" currently in the black market, homemade grenades found in police raids of some criminal's house. Scary stuff.

From WWII? Yea. And I don't why, I suppoes that it have something common with use of carpet bombing, and artilery. Or it was the Aliens. Who know. Sorry, I playing Tropico 6 know and this game have so satirical humor that I can resist to use in poor way.

Canute

Yeah only when one "bigger" is found at a city and they need to evac. the people around it, it comes at the news.
But don't forget other war zones, afghanistan/vietnam/korea with all these bombs and mines. From that side you hear nothing. But alot kid's lost limbs or even life from them.
Good old times, when soldiers just use sword and bow and not bombs,mines or gas.

Chicken Plucker

AR-10 with plastic handle and stock (was told it may be bakelite plastic) so I already broke my own rules of wooden stock or handle. GG. Thought it was wood at first and it was too late cause the texture was finished and I liked it. The rangers will need this if they're getting rekt by pirates with vanilla gear.

Decided we're gonna have a new Ranger pawntype. They will have a new duster and they will use this weapon:

This is a Kilo-Bolt Action Rail Gun, it's from cod mobile. I actually just wanted a railgun but I wanted it to feel like something crafted in a wasteland, and this is the best I could think of cause after all, mobile games are a wasteland  :o

I don't know if I will name it something else or call it by it's name from cod mobile. Unsure. The Rangers using them will be elite units, with olive green looking trench coat that has a hood. If they're gonna use new armor is another matter of it's own I don't wanna think about yet.

After some consideration and feedback from my good friend Slayer, we agreed the side view looks too much like the HALO Spartan II helmet, AKA Master Chief helmet so I redid the side view of the ranger to closer resemble it's front view. It looks a bit like a dog shaped helmet now. Reminds me of princess Leia's bounty hunter helmet when she was out to rescue Han Solo.

Jump pack UI also redone as a result.

Will have more progress tommorrow. Pardon me guys, very sleepy so I have no comment for your replies at the moment, [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]. Both that and sleep deprivation. Take care Canute and Skynert, MrBriggs, and everyone else. See you when the mod is released, hopefully soon.

Chicken Plucker

S&W Model 3

Colt Peacemaker

Browning Hi-Power

Ruger Red Label

Ruger M77

M1 Carbine

Trench Coat (Exile)

M56 Webbing (Exile)

High yield of textures tonight folks and fellers, this concludes all the weapons and apparel (save one more headgear, possibly) for the Rangers.

Rangers will have one elite pawntype using the exile trench coat along with the webbing

ROUGH CONCEPT:

This concept of what they will look like is not final, obviously I am not happy with the hoodie here (rushed drawing to get concept image out) or if I should even include a hoodie but I want it to look like this. Should we let the trench coat be colorable or just make it green like the concept shows, plus a hoodie?

Let me know what you guys think, am exhausted and need to go to the bathroom so I won't say much else. SEEYA

Henry Repeating Rifle

Remington Army Revolver

Wavy Neptune

Hey CP, you're making so much progress it makes my heart melt. Just a suggestion, what about the wooden FN Fal? 👉🏻👈🏻🥺

Chicken Plucker

Pawntype uniforms done, may do one last Canvas backpack, just so we have a proper one for carrying heavy stuff.

Had to go to plan B with elite pawntypes, why? cause no matter what I do the webbing renders under the shell layer. I now had to do something else, which was re-create Blondie's poncho from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It resulted in the elite Rangers looking like freakin' Bobba Fett if they were the good guys.

Rangers have working shield belts built in the now renamed "Ranger armor", allows high rate of survivability in gunfights. Ranger armor has about the same protection rating as the industrial body armour we've been making, not power armor strength, so once your shield is gone you should not be blinded by hubris in thinking you're John Wayne and that your enemy won't even clear leather

Back view of Ranger trench coat had to be slightly elevated due to the lack of space for the 512x512 canvas, so it looks a bit fluffy near the head, which I'm sure most of you won't mind.

I have coded all the weapons now, but they aren't balanced and are more or less copy and pasted versions of something else. Still needs work but now I have Monday and other things to do, progress with Rangers are now on hold.

What needs to be done:
PGM Helcate II AMR
Big canvas bag
Weapon balancing
Polishing of faction settlement names
Trading stock generation
Pawntype generation
etc.

Note to self: KBA Railgun looks so dang realistic but the stuff was all drawn over in Photoshop vector style, you guys are a witness to that. May have to reduce detail. It's a good problem to have compared to looking below standard I suppose

KBA Railgun projectile art, done in style of charge lance projectile

Quote from: Wavy Neptune on March 14, 2021, 09:03:05 PM
Hey CP, you're making so much progress it makes my heart melt. Just a suggestion, what about the wooden FN Fal? 👉🏻👈🏻🥺

Hey Neptune, I'm actually holding out on the FN FAL for another faction, probably the MSF or the Black Ops faction. Either way it'll be created, just not for the Wasteland Rangers.

I've made sure all the weapons I've done for these Rangers will not show up for another faction, the whole idea is they have this style of using ancient reproduced gear because they live in the outer rimworld, unlike the other ones who come from the outside, with more modern gucci ally stuff. FN FAL, I really wanted to save these iconic ones as well as the M16 and AK rifles for the other RH2 factions coming along later. What we got for Rangers are mostly stuff we haven't seen in my mods before, which kinda cements them being unique and having their own identity *cough*NCR*cough*

Oh yeah, I've decided on the name folks.

They're Wasteland Rangers8)

Goodnight, got work tommorrow!

Skynert

QuotePolishing of faction settlement names

Dry joke ahead!

Here are some Polish names. Chrząszczybrzeszyce, Łękołody, Szczecin... Oh you mean polishing names, not give them Polish names.  ;D

Chicken Plucker

So Rangers faction officially has more weapons than Rimmu-Nation² - Weapons does

Model 29, do you feel lucky?

PGM Hecate II, the anti materiel rifle. Also what the AMR is based off from Fallout

Last but not least, gave in to Neptune's ransom demands, T48 US made version of the FAL. I wanted elite pawns to have a new rifle, considered going with some tacticool looking AR-15 even but then I found that the US made their own FAL and I thought oh yeah. Why not?

Did the Hecate and to end everything off, one last revolver, another Clint Eastwood homage in the mod.

Gonna get some rest, cheerio

Quote from: Skynert on March 15, 2021, 05:49:22 AM
QuotePolishing of faction settlement names

Dry joke ahead!

Here are some Polish names. Chrząszczybrzeszyce, Łękołody, Szczecin... Oh you mean polishing names, not give them Polish names.  ;D

Hey Skynert, it looks like your jokes need some.. polish  8) 8) 8)