[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (15.4%)
DOOM Demons
2 (15.4%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (38.5%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (7.7%)
UNSC Faction
2 (15.4%)
Other
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Skynert

Still dont know, maybe you are right and it is too generic. Or... made her Ranger storyteller? More quests, caravan ambush help, help defend X etc. Oh, and Happy Easter. I know, its not Easter yet but I can forgot about that later ;p

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing updated:
Download link is in the front page.

DDT Patriot Ghost plate carrier (now only known as "DDT Ghost body armour" in game.)
Before:

After:

I thought hey, "why not?" let's have accessories cause people love accessories right? PRR with a custom pouch, a rando 5.11 admin pouch and triple mag pouch. It's just for these first few body armours, TacTec and DDT because they were the first I've done. Others will be left blank. When I do more webbing like battle belts, you guys will choose your configurations and it'll feel a lot more fluid since you can keep the type of plate carrier you want and change the stuff on it with your battle belts.

This is the only update for today lads, I'm finally free of retexturing some old stuff. Can do new things.

Planned body armours so far:
PACA soft plate
OTV
Crye JPC
Flyye Swift
Crye CAGE
Osprey Mk IV (Maybe)

Planned helmets:
Ops Core FAST
Caiman something something helmet
Team Wendy BUMP
PASGT
MICH TC-2001
Mk 6

Planned apparel:
5.11 assault something shirt (UBACs basically, but Multicam)
and 5.11 multicam mucho freakin expensive trousers, separate pieces of clothing. Outfits may be saved for factions.

Quote from: Skynert on April 02, 2021, 06:56:16 AM
Still dont know, maybe you are right and it is too generic. Or... made her Ranger storyteller? More quests, caravan ambush help, help defend X etc. Oh, and Happy Easter. I know, its not Easter yet but I can forgot about that later ;p

Nah Ranger storyteller is her own thing, also happy easter to you too. Imma go watch a movie and chillax Skynert, hope you enjoy the update mah boiiii

EDIT: Note to self: Don't forget to upload the update in google drive after posting an "Update" post.

Sorry to those who downloaded the update within the 10 minutes of this post, please download again

Chicken Plucker

Plans:
Helmets:
- PASGT, covered and non-covered
- PASGT camo variant, possibly MARPAT?
- MICH TC-2001
- Ops Core FAST
- Ops Core AirFrame
- Caiman something something helmet
- Team Wendy BUMP
- ACH, UCP and OCP variant

Body Armour
- OTV, Brown, UCP and OCP variant
- Crye JPC
- Crye AVS
- more civilian in appearance, non tactical body armours
- more foreign body armours

Carrier Rigs
- At least 10 carrier rig variants

Struggling with time because these items are so time consuming. I understand in the poll people now want to prioritize furniture, but unfortunately all focus and efforts are on what's currently unfinished now. I have 2 weeks left until I have to get out and get ready for a year of phase 2b training. I'm hoping it's not busy in the new place, but I'm not crossing my fingers cause it's 0700 every morning until 5PM from what I remember.

PACA LVC
The PACA Low Visibility Carrier, Tan in shade. Manufactured by "Protective Apparel Corporation of America" which is what PACA stands for. Was used by military personnel during the war in Afghanistan and possibly conflicts before instead of using their issue equipment, I'm guessing it is more of a personal preference. Usually worn with carrier rigs as it isn't using the MOLLE system.

VestGuard OT103
VestGuard Overt Tactical ELITE variant, which is a version of the Overt Tactical body armour that comes with neck, groin and shoulder protection. I wanted this to have the "PRESS" patch but I thought it is better left ambiguous and patchless.

Point Blank ASPC

The Point Blank Active Shooter Plate Carrier, was meant to come with a "POLICE" patch, but again, I've decided to leave it blank for your personal preference. Point Blank is the company that manufactures US Military and Law Enforcement personnel body armours.

We've hit 11 body armours. I am adamant about hitting 20 and over, along with more carrier rigs. I really want to compete with what's already out there done in vanilla art style. Unfortunately it takes roughly 1 day per armour and it takes a lot of dedication so I'm actually so burned out doing these.

Right now update adds no new headgear, as I said this stuff is hard work so I'm taking it slow less I burn out even more. Gonna go for a run all, cheers and as always enjoy the new stuff.

Rocket_Raccoon

Looking great!
Regarding body armor, the ocp one is an iotv, not a otv.
Iotv was first fielded in ucp camo when it was still a thing, back in 2007.

Chicken Plucker

"We are reaching allyness levels we never thought could be possible."
- Dr. Ally

"Ally" (pronunciation - Ah-lee)
Definition: When you have very expensive tactical (ally) looking kit, therefore making you look like an operator even if you aren't.

Note: The FAST helmets have differing back views, however for preview purposes I only showcase front and side in this post.

Ops Core series:

FAST LE
So the prodigal helmet has returned, the Ops Core FAST helmet LE version. Went with a standard Tan cause I'm gonna save MultiCam for the armed forces factions.

I made a base for the helmet so I just have to change the rails and colours.

FAST BUMP
FAST BUMP helmet, multicam. Absolutely ally, but absolutely non-ballistic. I've had to take some liberties and make it ballistic in-game because we all wanna wear these for the pawns without getting shot in the head. It's lighter than the normal helmets in-game, even lighter than FAST (pun not intended). Downside is it is slightly less protective.

FAST Carbon
FAST Carbon helmet, colour is confusing me, either it's grey or olive but it is what the website had. Same stats as FAST BUMP, looks as ally but that's standard for Ops Core.

VestGuard SF151
I wanted a black, urban version of the FAST helmet without using the same helmet. You're noticing the theme of a slight difference, so here's the VestGuard version of FAST. It's about identical in every way except for the mount and some front patches. I think it doesn't take away from the allyness. Same stats as FAST LE anyway.

PASGT ballistic helmets

PAS101 ballistic helmet
VestGuard version of the PASGT helmet. Why it warrants it's own name besides me wanting to have multiple brands and avoiding the "(This thing)" as best as I can, is that it is actually closer to the LWH. Like most modern PASGT helmets, it is lighter than the original design with less bolts/screws.

PAS101 ballistic helmet (navy)
Same as above but with a navy cover to match with the OT103 armor. Gave it a chunkier and rough detail to seem like a real cover.

PASGT ballistic helmet
The undisputed heavy weight.. helmet. It's the normal PASGT helmet used by the US in the gulf war before other innovations came around. It's still famous for surviving small arms fire and saving the wearer's life, so I made it slightly heavier yet more protective than the rest of the PASGT helmets here.

PASGT ballistic helmet (ENVO)
Same specifications as PAS101, however it's green with some different shaping on the back view as seen below in comparison:

(PAS101 does not come with visible back straps.)

Last but not least, we have our first battle belt. Everyone is stepping up on the allyness.

Condor battle belt rig
It's an el cheapo battle belt, with custom pouches. Over all the cost of these belts are not-so el cheapo when it's flippin added to total including each pouch you put on. Anyway, the gear here is random. In the future if I were to do say Crye gear, I may use only strictly crye pouches and etc. I can have more fun with el cheapo ones like Condor because I can throw together random accessories.

You may notice I used the old accessories from the old version of TacTec. I had these saved for such an occassion, improved the magazine pouch detailing since I didn't like the old one.

Lads don't tell me this isn't ally.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on April 04, 2021, 11:09:31 AM
Looking great!
Regarding body armor, the ocp one is an iotv, not a otv.
Iotv was first fielded in ucp camo when it was still a thing, back in 2007.

Thanks Rocket! Will keep in mind when the new stuff arrives. Tempted to only do one version of OTV cause they're painfully long to make.

Chicken Plucker

EVS Body Armour
ENVO Body Armour, planned to release it last night with the new gear after finding the ENVO company and their PASGT helmet design. I thought the bluish grey colours were unusual for body armour and were a pleasant contrast to the tan and other common foliage colours.

We've hit 12 body armours. 8 More till I'm happy to move on and do more backpacks or so.

Also fixed the shine for ENVO PASGT helmet.

Cheers all, have fun.

This is all I am updating today, it took ages.

Chicken Plucker

Outer Tactical Vest (OTV)
Another armour that took AGES flippin heck lads. It's made by Point Blank, you already know. I felt though it'll be best called "OTV". It's the older gen, not the IOTV. May do some variants in camo or may not because it's extra work taken away from just doing a whole new armour. We will see. Been heading towards more detailed armour with accessory layouts, so it takes significantly longer but ultimately looks ally.

Redefinition of ally: means "Cool", I butchered its meaning. Sorry.

Wanted to do another armour before releasing this but I'm out of time, presentation tommorrow so I have to rehearse and finalize some things. Leaving this update for the guys who just can't wait to pretend it's 6 days in Rimllujah.

Fun fact: I took a Flyye version of OTV vest and copied a layout of some surplus OTV to make this, so it's actually not really Point Blank. A web of lies lads, it's all a scam

Will do uniforms later, gonna have camos now and our first set of camo clothing.

Mod ideas here:

Details of how they work here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cb6oCTaZ2W4fotfeTf0vbsoRRea3dlpUzWbcReDaJK4/edit

Ranger progress:

Big Iron cover:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fvtp4CXmMT5vCOgX73-Maf_jj5I15Gal/view

Band worked hard obviously, Altin and Erina who sang the song plus one other member who's name I wasn't told.

Love this cover, however I know youtube comments and some toxic kind of people will complain about the singer's accent. I decided to go and look for another vocalist for the main release. Will get back on it later.

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

EDIT:

Updated Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing since I dun goofed up the OTV texture in coding. Sorry lads, it's fixed!

Chicken Plucker

AR500 Veritas
AR500 back in Rimmu-Nation once again except with more accurate flippin detailing and not just slapped on some as a name. Veritaz, very light similar to ASPC with a strap and a clip on the side. I gotta pee, not much else to say. Didn't want just one armour this update so this brings us to the next one..

VestGuard CT101
Bada bing bada boom you know what it is, VestGuard again with another civilian body armour looking mighty freakin' gucci for you journalists out there. I gotta pee as stated above, it's blue, it's an armour, bish bash bosh.

Had to center all the front views because for some reason they weren't centered. Did not have fun doing that trying to hold in pee while posting this bleedin' post. I hope you lot appreciate the sacrifices man makes for mods you know.

Centered:

Obviously only centered the front view, nobody notices or cares about the back and side. Tree falling in a forest with nobody there to hear it an' that. Allow it bruv.

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]. Enjoy wearing the new armour. We have just hit 15. SEE YA

Chicken Plucker

Lightweight Helmet (D MARPAT)

LWH in desert MARPAT with the mount. May do other camo version later.

USMC Chest Rig

Chest rig that was designed to go over the MTV body armour.

Modular Tactical Vest

The MTV, was the replacement by US Marines for the OTV. The MTV was later replaced by the STV. (Scalable Tactical Vest)

Hey all, been losing traction with these if you didn't notice. Next week I am back at base to move all my stuff. I feel like this latest work with the USMC gear, namely the chest rig isn't up to par with the others but it's a miracle I even finished them because I got very bored.

Got carpal tunnel in the weekend cause of me smashing these gear out so I had to take a break. I may go on hold with the mods due [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec], and me losing motivation. Honestly a lot of work over freakin armours and it gets tiring.

Anyway lads, I'd like to hear feedback on this latest gear, your personal opinion if you think it's fine and looks as good as the rest anyway and maybe it's just me. Gotta go, in a rush. Cheers!

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² - Security added:

DOWNLOAD LINK (GOOGLE DRIVE)

Ayo whattup it's ya boi Tom Clancy back at it again with another mod update

Tom Clancy
Everyone's favourite video game legend Tom Clancy who stars in PUBG and Fortnite. He was also in movies like Toy Story, Big, The Terminal, Castaway, Saving Private Randy and Forrest Gump.

Did a character art with the intention of using it only for the preview, rushed it. I found it easier to do males because you can draw all the wrinkles and not have to worry about making them look feminine. Since he won't be a storyteller, I was happy with the quality despite it feeling unfinished if I had to make it a storyteller.

C-4 Charge
C-4 returns in all of it's sticky playdough glory, now with lower volume and less chance of tinnitus.

C-4 IED
C-4 IED from CSGO, has a wider blast radius with reduced damage. You also get to use a Nokia 3210 in RimWorld to detonate this bad boy.

Sentry Gun
Everyone's favourite killstreak, the Sentry Gun returns in 512x512 texture. You may as well get a recliner and watch this baby do all the work while you're safe somewhere doing paperwork and risk assessments.

Detonator UI art
Last but not least, M57 firing device aka "Clacker" as UI for your military grade C-4 and a Nokia 3210 detonator UI for the IED.

Need I say more gents? Enjoy blowing things up.

Any questions and queries please use the 3210 to contact Tom Clancy.

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² - Security updated:

- Sentry turrets now have a size of 2x2 instead of 1x1
- C4 IED ingredients cost less component
- New security buildings added

Ladies and gents, you know what time it is, Tom Clancy back at it again with another mod update

New 155mm shell IED with a 3310 Nokia detonator. This has the widest radius of all the remote control triggered explosives, but has the weakest damage out of all three. Doesn't matter if you're aiming for personnel though, it's deadly, just starts to show when you're fighting heavily armored units.

YM-1(B) Anti-Personnel Mine, surprisingly not much information about the mine besides being a common EO threat (Explosive Ordnance) that has been found in Afghanistan and Iran, I'm guessing it is Soviet made especially since its design is similar to that of other common soviet made AP mines.

This thing isn't really designed to kill, but to maim personnel. It is however, not shy of taking away lives. Sadly in real life a lot of these things are still buried in all kinds of places with even the people who put them there not knowing exactly where they are if you could ask them. This is why mines are banned in the Geneva convention, but that's not gonna stop you though is it?

Made the damage able to take away limbs but not quite as bombastic as all the remote control explosives. It's like the in-game vanilla IED with more damage and also triggers more instantly.

M2 Browning, made by the man the myth the legend John Browning towards the end of WWI. This heavy machinegun was the reason why the .50 Browning Machine Gun (BMG) cartridge was made.

In-game it takes 100 steel to signify the .50 cartridges as fuel and fires bursts of 4. Gotta conserve ammo folks.

Mk19 grenade launcher, uses the same tripod cause I was too lazy to make a new tripod designed specifically for the Mk 19. It fires in bursts of two 40mm grenade rounds because even though you can do full auto, you may wanna NOT do that cause budget cuts on ammo.

Funny story: I can't add fuel on explosive turrets, don't know why but it won't work and consume fuel. That means this has free ammo like classic turrets. GG Tynan.

Alright I'm going to bed, all of you go drive that funky soul. If you missed the easter egg, it's on the 3310.

Mod updated 0.3

EDIT: Fine I updated the mod again, you can have 8 burst shots for the M2 Browning cause 4 is a bit too boring when the enemies start rushing your position

Chicken Plucker

- M2 Browning and Mk 19 Grenade Launcher now minifiable and haulable
- M2 Browning burst fire reduced back to 4, cooldown reduced
- Grenade Launcher damage def buff

Ey what it do, its a ya boi Tom Clancy here again with another mod update.

The BGM-71 TOW. You point, you shoot, thing explodes. Thing doesn't require ammo, was the easiest way to code it since adding ammo would be a whole lot of trouble and issues I don't care for right now.

Tested this, it's able to destroy a Centipede in 2 hits but it can take more depending on situation. It's supposed to have a missile acting similar to ones in Javelins where they fly overhead and attack from above where there is likely to be minimal armour but I'm guessing cheaper so probably not as damaging. I'll try to be more accurate in the future if I ever get hit by a TOW-2B so I can judge from first hand experience. That was sarcasm.

TOW-2B missile art.

Chicken Plucker

Download link in posts above or front page.

- M2 Browning burst rate increase
- Mk 19 grenade launcher burst back to 2
- New UI and description for M2 browning running out of ammunition

Tom Clancy again today folks, got some simple mod improvements for Rimmu-Nation security including UI fix.

Here's the UI art. It's an ammo box of 100 linked .50 BMG cartridges.

I also scaled the steel you need to reload as 1:1 steel for each .50 BMG cartridge.

Before you lot correct me and tell me that those .50 BMG cartridges aren't made of steel, don't you even before I get a heart attack. Look, I don't wanna add new resources in the game just to accurately make this reloading thing look cool alright. Freakin' Tom Clancy here gonna go live in another uncharted lost island man.

Randy Burgers has also been updated to fix Soda UI error.

Gonna go, cheerio

MrBriggs18

I didn't check here since my last post and as a civilian who is not flluent in military equipment I find the amount of new armors to be a bit overhelming. Most likely just my lack of knowledge on the matter, not the actual issue. Like the visuals though. A question I have however - how is Nokia connected to explosives at all?

Chicken Plucker

Download link in posts above or front page.

- M2 Mortar added
- M49A2 HE shells added
- M2 Browning ammunition description tweak
- Fragmentation damage from explosions tweaked and balanced to be more realistic

Tom Hanks back at it again with some mortar action

M2 Mortar
US Made, WWII origin. Uses 60mm but mortar calibers don't exist in RimWorld so it can take any shell you put in.

M49A2 High-Explosive Shells
Meant to be the 60mm shells that go inside the M2 and other NATO 60mm mortars but again, mortar shell calibers aren't a thing in RimWorld so we'll just keep it simple.

It's better than the vanilla HE shells, wider blast radius and more damage. Same damage as the AP mine explosives, it's my "RN2Bomb" damage standard of fragmenting explosives like grenades and etc.

Projectile art

GrW 34 81mm Mortar
Unused asset. Was a mistake on my part thinking it was the M2, turned out to be German origin from WWII. Unfortunately I'm torn about using it since I'd have to make 81mm mortar shells too and it'll mean having more calibers present for mortars. Extra work for me.

If anyone is a fan of this German mortar let me know, maybe I'll add it.

In-game screenshot before it was changed to the actual M2 Mortar texture.

Quote from: MrBriggs18 on April 20, 2021, 06:54:38 PM
I didn't check here since my last post and as a civilian who is not flluent in military equipment I find the amount of new armors to be a bit overhelming. Most likely just my lack of knowledge on the matter, not the actual issue. Like the visuals though. A question I have however - how is Nokia connected to explosives at all?

I think that's a positive. Really most of the armours are by civilian companies, they just have their own names similar to how weapons made by companies each have their own names. I wanted variety and we seem to have it so far.

As for Nokia phones, they're just very common phones that were and still is present around the world. These days they are commonly used as burner phones, something abandoned easily since they are cheap and easy to acquire after having been used for crimes or other shady things where the user wouldn't wanna be traced.

I grew up with the phones and I wanted the old nostalgic phones of the era to be used as the detonators for the IEDs in these mods, no real link other than they were prolific enough to be used by baddies as a detonator for remote controlled IEDs.

EDIT:
Quickly patched the M2 Mortar to allow being built in medium terrain affordance and also NOT explode when destroyed

Patch 2:
- Range buff for all mounted weapons
- M2 Browning fire rate is now single shots with low cooldown to simulate full auto
- M2 Browning ammunition is now 200