[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
0 (0%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (100%)
XOF
0 (0%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Chicken Plucker

BCD - CASEVAC and First Aid mod added:

GOOGLE DRIVE LINK (BCD FOLDER)

What is BCD?
Battlefield Casualty Drills, medical procedures in the event of a casualty in combat.

What is First Aid?
Medical treatment given to a casualty or injured person until further medical help is available

What is CASEVAC?
CASEVAC is short for "Casualty Evacuation" which can be done by land or by air. When casualties are evacuated, soldiers are trained multiple methods of carrying the casualty to speed up their evacuation.

Combat Extended Compatible?
Unknown.

First Aid:

Mod summary:
- New right click option on downed pawns to "Perform first aid"
- First aid tends to downed pawns on their current location unless there is a bed nearby
- First aid will allow the medic to grab the nearest medicine resource, otherwise they will tend to the casualty with no medicine
- Can be used on enemy pawns and friendlies
- First aid tending speed is 25% faster than normal tending, however the quality of tending is reduced

CASEVAC:

Mod summary:
- New rescue type called "CASEVAC"
- CASEVAC allows up to 4 pawns to help speed up the move speed of the rescuer for each added pawn
- Can only CASEVAC your own colonists
- Can be prioritized in skill menu

Warning: CASEVAC mod has a lot of console log spam. Not errors (unless an error briefly gets logged). It may cause difficulty for you to report mod errors and perform troubleshooting because your error log is flooded with CASEVAC actions. Please take consideration before choosing to install.

Credits to Taranchuk as always for making the two mods above possible, he's been the backbone of the core features of the mods lately and allows us to do cooler things, much like dninemfive and Jecrell was for my mod series when it came to C#.

Let me know if you run into issues, preferably with an error log or reproducable steps. Am only currently aware of a first aid bug that's difficult to replicate where your pawn sometimes ignore orders to perform first aid on somebody. Cheers all, enjoy the new mods.

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec], means bit more time to relax and do other things

Chicken Plucker

BCD - CASEVAC and First Aid mod updated:

Download link in post above or front page

Rimmu-Nation² - Security updated
- M18A1 Claymore added (pending a fix from Taranchuk to be cooler)

M18A1 Claymore mine, detonated with the M57 Firing Device AKA "Clacker" and 500 steel balls come out to ruin someone's day. In-game it only fires 50 balls at the moment with each ball doing 27 damage. Will be reworked to have a wider blast radius and will also display your direction better by Taranchuk.

BCD - First Aid
- First aid bug fix for drafted pawns ignoring your order to perform first aid
- Tend speed is now 200% for first aid

BCD - CASEVAC
- Console log spam removed, no more console logs appear during a CASEVAC

Chicken Plucker

Hand-To-Hand mod added:

Download Link

Abilities return again, no need for JecsTools this time. Taranchuk done all the work as usual. Abilities are unlocked by having your pawns increase in melee skill. This time there is a chance for the ability to fail based on target's size and melee skill in comparison to the user. Waiting for some additional features such as autocast and mod settings to disable some abilities. No there aren't any animations, but the mod has custom sounds and HQ UI artwork that can be viewed below. Cheers all.

Ability List

Knee Strike -  8 Melee
Description: Earliest ability you can unlock, can damage the enemy and stun them for a short period of time

Phantom Punch - 9 Melee
Description: Based on the famous Phantom Punch by Mohammad Ali, this move has double the damage of a Knee Strike and can stun the enemy for twice as long with less cooldown

Discombobulate - 10 Melee
Description: Discombobulate, stuns the enemy for a long duration of time, leaving them more vulnerable to attacks. Discombobulate.

Leg Sweep - 10 Melee
Description: Briefly knocks out the enemy, leaving them vulnerable for follow-up moves

CQC Pummel - 12 Melee
Description: Basics of CQC returns, Knocks out the enemy for a few hours

CQC Throw - 12 Melee
Description: Knocks out the enemy for a few hours, same effects as CQC Pummel

RKO - 14 Melee
Description: Knocks out the enemy for the longest duration of time above all other moves

Glory Kill - 16 Melee

Description: Tears apart the enemy with randomized organ destruction, highly likely to kill the target

BCD - First aid updated
- Some fixes that may have failed to upload from recent update

Have to return to camp soon. Abilities took longer than anticipated. Enjoy, gonna have some sleep.

Chicken Plucker

Hand-To-Hand mod updated:

Download Link

- Phantom punch can now knock out the enemy for 3 hours
- Knee strike and phantom punch damage nerf
- Knee strike stun duration increased
- Phantom punch melee skill requirement now 10
- Leg sweep and Discombobulate melee skill req is now 9
- Preview art improved on discombobulatee's lips and some shadows tweak

Discobobulate. Discobobulate. Discobobulate. Discobobulate. Discobobulate.

Chicken Plucker

Hand-To-Hand mod updated:

Download Link

Warning: Mod package id name changed, this means the mod will automatically disabled upon being updated. Please simply re-enable the mod

- Mod package id name changed
- Roundhouse kick added, 11 melee skill requirement
- All abilities in this mod can now damage the target
- RKO sound effects fixed
- All Knockout durations tweaked. Targets can no longer be knocked out longer than 5 hours

Roundhouse kick
Requires 11 melee, highly damaging and can knock out the opponent

Edit: Meme

Updated Hand-To-Hand again
(Download link above)
Warning: Mod package id name changed again, this means the mod will automatically disabled upon being updated. Please simply re-enable the mod

- Mod package id name changed again, final change
- Roundhouse kick saying "Grapple Countered" instead of "Kick Countered" fixed

Chicken Plucker

First aid mod updated:
Download link in post above or front page

- Bug fix for pawn ignoring order to perform first aid

[EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

So I've been running around finding bugs on CASEVAC and First Aid. Not fun to do but it's why we're here. As shown above when you order a CASEVAC, all pawns including animals wild or pets will perform a CASEVAC and it's actually a hilarious bug. I saw a Buck do it but realized he wasn't a part of the colony and so the Buck just froze in place while I had to get some pawns to sweep it's leg to let go of my guy.

It took them about 10 attempts before they could finally beat this Karate Buck. Must be studying how to fight at "Ko-Buck Kai" hehehe  8)

Anyways, here's some unrelated artwork progress.

(some preview art I was playing around with)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm04dNWV_wA&ab_channel=ChickenPluckerson

"Big Iron" cover by Track n' Train ft. Liliiakysil

Was commissioned for the Rangers faction. I know you guys haven't heard a word about the progress of this faction so far, that's cause it's got some bugs with the jobs and all weapons still need reworking.

I finished Betty Lester's storyteller art. May also attach the background I've done based on the original RimWorld background, which is meant to be how things looked before the crashlanded arrived around a century ago when the Wasteland Republic was still being formed.

Basic training bed, everyone discombobulating the vote button in the polls for furniture may be happy to see this. I'm not. I don't miss doing hospital corners and ironing the bed for about an hour mate, bloody slept at a sleeping bag (correction: slept with just layers clothing with my smock because sleeping bags took too long to pack up for the morning inspection) before just because the SGT was coming to inspect the next morning.

Spoiler alert: Didn't comment about my bed but he found poop on the toilet brush, was not a happy SGT.

Rat packs. They're rats, as demonstrated below:

I don't know whether I should include it all in one furniture mod or separate the outdoor stuff + food and cigarettes or whatever and have normal furniture. Suggestions? You lot stop lurking and suggest something or I swear the rat packs are gonna get more orange and ratsier

That M9A1 finally finished. Thought I didn't need to add more detail as it is, don't wanna update the weapon mod till more content come with it.

Collaboration stuff:

EOD 9 Suit

Done by TittyMcSwaggy. Been asking for other tacticool apparel guys to come and help with Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing, and that I'd pay them for it. So it's like the expendables crew but we're all a bunch of nerds with art and lack of sleep.

Contacted JangoD'Soul, he's missing in action, everyone else I dunno. It's gonna be expensive but whatever. I was thinking of a good send off and have a lot of names on this project so we can also beef up the content.

That's all, gonna go to bed. Wish me luck this week, it's quite a scary week for me. [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

Edit: Can't attach the BG, file too big. It's available here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2464367555

dareddevil7

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 19, 2021, 08:15:05 AM
Rimmu-Nation² Clothing updated, download link available in front page

Been going so hard on the rangers and other mods in development, that you guys haven't had anything new. I'm throwing everyone a bone by finishing some old works in progress and have released an update of some new items for Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing. Thanks for voting in the polls, this brought to my attention people would like some new gear.

P1944 Gasmask
Reduces toxic fallout effect by 75%. Also looks cool.
Hate to piss in your cornflakes, but the filter probably shouldn't have the plug still in while it's being worn. Assuming the mask is being worn properly it'd suffocate the wearer.

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation² Clothing and Security updated

Download Link

Had to fix the P-1944 respirator and peel off your plugs but didn't wanna just update the mod for that so here comes the long procrastinated Canvas rucksack for Rimmu-Nation 2 and the new boonie hat.

Boonie hat
So this is a Bushmaster Boonie Hat, just generically called "boonie hat" in game. Has more protection than the baseball cap for heat and a whopping extra 5 hp in durability but costs more textile to make. I didn't want a military issue boonie hat and make everyone look like Cpt Price so I went with a generic one that looked good enough for the job. It's even covering one of your eyes so you look like a model posing for the clothing company.

Gootium 21101 canvas rucksack
Known in-game as "Gootium canvas rucksack". Same capacity as the Motherlode but has more durability and slightly more mass. Costs more resource to make due to that. All the rangers use Canvas backpacks from the AUGUR line and it was hard to find good alternatives that had good references. Found this one that looked very good and also found a side view so I didn't have to guesstimate how it looked from the side.

Last but not least, corrected the cannister being covered for the P-1944 respirator. Will get to bed now

Rimmu-Nation Security update:

Claymores now show the direction your shrapnel will fire into, and it also has a shrapnel blast radius of 3 tiles instead of one.

Amount of projectiles changed to 35 instead of 50 considering you're releasing 35 x 3 = (quickmaths) instead of before. I don't want performance hits bigger than what these 512 res already give.

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 28, 2021, 02:48:30 PMHate to piss in your cornflakes, but the filter probably shouldn't have the plug still in while it's being worn. Assuming the mask is being worn properly it'd suffocate the wearer.

You leave my cornflakes alone, I need them for breakfast. And thank you for actually informing me, I'd have honestly left it there not knowing and I blame this guy right here:

It's my fault for not doing more research or looking at a few more references, should've not completely relied on a reference that was intended to sell the cannister unopened.

Anyways all I'm off. It's 3AM and I gotta wake up in 6 hours time (earlier for breakfast and stuff.)

dareddevil7

Hey uh, is it a known behavior for pawns with a meal in their inventory and no medicine to try to do first aid with the meal?

Chicken Plucker

Would like to give a personal shout out to Sheriff for his mad decision to give a large amount of donation to help me out, not just to have chicken to eat but for some dev money for this mod series!

BCD Mods and Hand-To-Hand updated

Download Link

Hand-To-Hand

- Knockout times tweaked to be a bit longer
- Description for the moves can now be read
- Combat logs added
- Can no longer target buildings

Auto-casting has been added, your pawns will now destroy your enemies in hand to hand combat and choose moves in their own discretion. As you can see animation has been added for RKO too, and other moves just has a basic melee animation now. Freakin' hand-to-hand ninjas everywhere lads

Please note the .gif is sped up x2 for compression, in case you think cooldowns are less than a second. Cooldown applies for autocasting as well.

Mod settings allow you to disable certain moves from being autocast or to hide the buttons. Special thanks to Taranchuk again, won't be possible without that legend.

BCD First Aid and CASEVAC

- CASEVAC fixed for animals taking part in CASEVAC
- First aid fixes for pawns using food for first aid and failing/ignoring to perform first aid

Got some backlog of Rimmu-Nation² content coming along, just waiting for a certain PASGT armor or the last one which I won't name yet. So far we have 3 new body armours coming (4 if the other one makes it soon) and 3 new backpacks.

Chicken Mitchell² - Hairstyles is being worked on.

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 01, 2021, 11:05:14 PM
Hey uh, is it a known behavior for pawns with a meal in their inventory and no medicine to try to do first aid with the meal?

I knew about it, just kept it under wraps since Taranchuk was working on a fix since Friday. It's sorted now.

Canute

CP,
don't you think the hand to hand is too powerful ?
When one pawn can easiely can disable 4 similar geared pawns ? Why do i need weapons ? I just ambush them behind some corner and disable them.
The army of hauler is waiting behind to imprison them.

My suggestion:
- when you use the skill, the pawn drop the weapon.
- there should still be the chance that the pawn die instead to be disabled.
- much higher cooldown or other restrictions to use the skill. Like when you got a mellee attack to reset the cooldown timer.

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Chicken Mitchell² - Hairstyles added

Download Link

- Mod contains 7 female hairstyles and 11 male hairstyles

Don't have time to explain the features, but most of the hair are from video game characters, so far mostly from the Call of Duty roster.

I have to go sleep right now, hours burning away over this mod. Had to rush it's release and unfortunately didn't reach 11 female hairs in time too.

Quote from: Canute on May 02, 2021, 06:56:48 AM
CP,
don't you think the hand to hand is too powerful ?
When one pawn can easiely can disable 4 similar geared pawns ? Why do i need weapons ? I just ambush them behind some corner and disable them.
The army of hauler is waiting behind to imprison them.

My suggestion:
- when you use the skill, the pawn drop the weapon.
- there should still be the chance that the pawn die instead to be disabled.
- much higher cooldown or other restrictions to use the skill. Like when you got a mellee attack to reset the cooldown timer.

What's stopping a pawn from just Hand-To-Hand fighting everyone? They will die. No question about it.

The fact you can take down multiple pawns with ease requires high melee skill, harder to do if you haven't unlocked much moves yet. If a pawn is mowing down enemies with H2H abilities it's probably cause they're at 15 melee or so by now.

Did I want Hollywood level scenarios like Ip Man kicking 10 black belt butts in a fight? Yes. Every other mod here can be classed as overkill, but it never makes your people unkillable, the preview above of the pawn beating 4 other pirates had max 20 melee for the preview, the pirates had about less than 10 melee skill. Even then that pawn almost died or went down trying to take them on.

As for your suggestions:
- Absolutely not, I don't want weapons being dropped when skills are used. It's annoying enough in simple sidearms with weapons being left behind, its just gonna make people not want to use the mod at all.
- Chance for pawn to die already exists, all the moves here damages the enemy.
- Higher cooldown will be considered later, seems like the only real way of adding some more countermeasures. However realistically I don't want 5 second cooldowns or above for a roundhouse kick or a punch. I still want the game to head towards the feel of Metal Gear Solid V where you can have your pawns expert in hand to hand able to expertly take down enemies at risk of being shot or killed. They're good, but by no means invincible. "They're pretty good." - Hideo Kojima 2021

I'm gonna go bed, I spent more time talking to Canute than explaining the mod release. Goodnight all

dareddevil7

Hey, me again, CQC sounds seem to play globally meaning I hear knee strikes and stuff full volume no matter where on the map they happen

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing & Chicken Mitchell² - Hairstyles updated

Download Link

All added apparel textures below done by: Fiendakko

Elite Ops Warrior Helmet Carrier Pack

Elite Ops Warrior Pegasus Backpack

Elite Ops Warrior DCS Plate Carrier

M1 Helmet

PASGT Vest

All added apparel textures below done by: Tittymcswaggy

Berghaus Vulcan IV bergen

EOD9A Helmet

EOD9 Bomb Suit

Lastly, final pieces of stuff added in the update done by yours trully.

Bear Grylls Bearpac 20 backpack

Bear Grylls Survivor Pants

Ray-Bans aviator sunglasses (RB3025)

Head bandana

Chicken Mitchell²

Hairstyles added:

Tanya
From Red Alert 2

Maxis
From Black Ops Cold War

Rivas
From Black Ops Cold War

Female hair count total: 10
Male Hair count total: 11

Don't have a lot of words because I don't have a lot of time, you can see there's a lot of new content from our current team ensemble and not much else needs to be said.

Got a job to do.  8)

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 03, 2021, 08:03:45 PMHey, me again, CQC sounds seem to play globally meaning I hear knee strikes and stuff full volume no matter where on the map they happen

Will look into some other time, but the current sound settings were left intentionally like that for some impact.

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing & Security updated

Download Link

- Some apparel texture fixes
- Backpacks rebalancing
- New items added

All added apparel textures below done by: Fiendakko

Helikon Bail out bag
Forgot to add it last update, wasn't happy with the original textures entirely so did some minor modifications and made it feel more baggy rather than straight shapes. This is actually the first backpack Fiendakko did for me, it's really well done. I think it's a good in-between with civilian and military style backpacks.

Tactix Half-Day backpack
Done by Fiendakko, commissioned by Morphium to be added for this mod. Never knew of the backpack's existence so am grateful that Morphium started a commission just for this. Shout out to those two guys, you guys can look more tacticooler cause of them

Backpack textures below done by: DanDMan68

North Face Terra 65
Done by DanDMan 68. Another rucksack, very nice and non-military looking. Had to buff Berghaus Vulcan IV's carrying capacity because this rucksack can hold 65 Litres/KG irl. (not sure if a person can do the same for too long) but also increased move speed penalty.

5.11 Rapid Assault Shirt

Here's our first camo onskin apparel for the mod. I wanted a UBAC, been looking at this for the longest time but I'm just so tired today so I rushed the texture and so most of this isn't even symmetrical. Think it looks good enough anyway. Trousers are separate.

5.11 Stryke MultiCam Pants
Meant to be worn with the rapid assault shirt. "5.11" is removed as part of the labels in game so these two are just called "Raapid assault shirt" and "Stryke MultiCam pants"

That's all for Clothing for now.

Rimmu-Nation Security update:

M134 Minigun

Well, well, well..

UI for M134 ammo running out
1,500 ammunition. It fires very much rapidly, spits out 7.62x51mm NATO like the sentry gun's projectile stats.

Speaking of Sentry gun, when ammo runs out the UI for that one is this brand spankers new UI:

UI for sentry gun ammo running out
Sentry gun holds 200 ammo now.

- M2 Browning rate of fire improved
- Sentry Gun holds 200 ammo now
- Ammo for M2 and Sentry Gun refuel scales have been changed. M2 is still 1:1 and Sentry Gun/M134 1:2.
- Claymore damage buff

This means to refill this bad boy:

You need 750 steel.

P.S. I understand it's meant to go on a mount but I had no references for it on top view, very scarce, so I just banged out the minigun on that modular tripod. Still awesome.

Will do other things later. Am physically and mentally exhausted. [EDIT: Details removed due to OpSec]

Still don't know what I'm doing up to now. At least we know M134 is freakin' awesome.

See you tommorrow.