[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Chicken Plucker

Rangers 1.3 update

GOOGLE DRIVE Red Horse 2 1.3
The following mods have been updated:
- Faction: Rangers
"The boys are back in town!"
- Rangers now have an ideology
- Story tweaked to be shorter
- Other 1.3 fixes

BCD - CASEVAC
- Can now CASEVAC enemies, will turn them prisoner upon rescue
BCD - First Aid
- Cannot perform first aid on mechanoids anymore
Rimdeed - Pawn Recruitment
- Applicants no longer face backwards in their application photo
Hand-To-Hand
- Sounds are no longer onCamera. Update only applies for 1.3 version.

Updates by Taranchuk

It's late, any issues will be looked into with rangers later. Gotta go folks.

Quote from: MrBriggs18 on August 23, 2021, 01:50:04 PM
For a moment I thought that Snake is actually shooting those explosives and failing miserably.

Nah man, he's Snake. He's a legend, a myth. I heard he single handedly took down Big Boss back in Zanzibarland

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Rangers 1.3 update

The following mods have been updated:
- Faction: Rangers
- Unlimited provisions issue fixed
- Intended interval set to x2 provisions per day.

Quote from: Skynert on August 31, 2021, 04:30:39 AM
No Steam version?

Because it's not ready. It takes time to polish everything, it took me 4AM on a day before an exercise to prepare previews for the other mods so I'm not gonna rush this one cause my current top priority is the gym, queen, country and making her majesty proud.

NPC_CONSCRIPT

Hey, are we going to have allegiance TF141 and some other factions make a come back in 1.3 or will you either leave them to die or just update their compat to 1.3?

GoldenLizard

こんにちは ! I am making a mod with tank-mechanoids. Can I borrow your code and edit it to be unique for my mod and to avoid future conflicts?

Chicken Plucker

Task Force 141

Work in progress:

Apparel:

141 Fleece Jacket

Crye G3 Field Pants (Arid MultiCam)

"Webbing A" (Artwork by Fiendakko)

"Webbing B" (Artwork by Fiendakko)

Weapons:

M4A1 Task Force
Description: Will be the main weapon for Task Force 141 pawntypes. May not include variants of the MP5 and UMP for the faction and just minimise the need to make more weapons due to budget and time constraints. Design is taken from the Modern Warfare 2 game.

FN Minimi 7.62 (Artwork by: Erok)
Description: Minimi chambered in 7.62 to fill the general purpose machinegun role

RSASS (Artwork by: Erok)
Description: Marksman rifle for Task Force 141 sharpshooter pawntypes

THOR M408 (Artwork by: Erok)
Description: Upgraded version of Intervention, made with a longer barrel intended to go even further than the original design it is derived from.

Quote from: NPC_CONSCRIPT on September 07, 2021, 03:25:03 PM
Hey, are we going to have allegiance TF141 and some other factions make a come back in 1.3 or will you either leave them to die or just update their compat to 1.3?

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM
The goal of these mod series is to remaster all of Project: Red Horse. Hopefully improve coding, declutter and textures to "resemble" vanilla closer. Can't make promises but I'll try.

The answer is in the first post. The real question I think people want to ask is, are we gonna get them back soon?

These mods take time to make, they cost money to make. This month I've paid Taranchuk and Erok almost 200 USD in total for C# coding fixes thanks to the 1.3 fallout and Task Force 141 weapon art. I will owe Fiendakko more money when he's done doing their webbing. If I don't hire these people to help me make these mods, nothing will be made because of my current career requiring more of my focus than RimWorld.

All the hours and money I could be saving, spent trying to progress these mods which are now being done in higher quality one step at a time, only for the developer to destroy all progress with new updates for the game, combined with pressure from mod users to fix this, fix that or update this and update that? It can be a bit overwhelming.

The mods are planned to be remade, I've said so already in mod collections on Steam and the front page of this post. What I can't do is make things go faster, nor do I want to since I cannot prioritize my welfare for this game any more than I am. They will be done in a certain order and they will take time. It can go on for 2 years till they're all back, and if it takes that long or if I decide to retire modding before I finish them then so be it.

Disclaimer: I'm not having a go at you personally, I've been asked the question multiple times and some a lot less polite than this so what I just wrote above hopefully explains all of it since some ask me what you've asked, when what they really want to know is if the mods will be back tommorrow, this month, this year or etc.

All the ranting and moaning aside, 141 happens to be the current mod I'm working on since progress began during the time Rangers faction was made (Posted some pages back) and I'm picking up where I left off.

Quote from: GoldenLizard on September 09, 2021, 06:58:38 PM
こんにちは ! I am making a mod with tank-mechanoids. Can I borrow your code and edit it to be unique for my mod and to avoid future conflicts?

Spoke to you in Discord. I'll re-explain what we discussed for the benefit of those interested in reading.

It's a code broken by the base game. Mechanoid flesh which causes the "Tanks" not to bleed and draw blood are what it patches, but they end up causing the tanks to spawn in ancient sites and mechanoids incidents. It doesn't work cause it's just hardcoded in the game for it to happen. One of the many frustrating things I can't get around right now. I just recommend people wait for the vehicles mod.

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation 2: Clothing 1.3 fixes

- Fixed 1.2 version being broken due to new eyewear update

Just some fixes, some updates still waiting. Everyone's been busy, including fiendakko and other guys like TMC I've been commissioning so there's not a lot of progress on the mods.

Tutankhamun

Why are you making the factions standalone? Wouldn't it be easier for you to make them depend on the weapon and apparel mods to function? I'm pretty sure the great majority of the people will use both when using any of your faction mods. Sorry if i sound offensive or anything.

Mordo

Hi, is the Rimdeed mod discontinued from the Steam Workshop?

Chicken Plucker

Task Force 141 progress report: Almost done, in testing

Chosen this new preview, wasn't entirely happy with the other one. I also have no time to do it properly with detailed and drawn characters sadly, so I did it abstract like. Thoughts?

World map settlements:

In-game info:

Currently having some issues thanks to the ideology DLC. Faction is running into some errors. I want them to be a bit violent when it comes to prisoners and such, to fill the character but I don't have much control on their ideology thanks to the way it's coded in .xml and the rest being in C#. More reasons for me to dislike the DLC.

Feels out of character enough for this faction to wanna parade around some random gods or memes and precepts when their main focus has just been fighting wars and etc.

I'll just work around it. As long as the faction works everyone should be happy.

Pawntype screenshots:

I've coded the pawntypes to have randomized colours on their fleece, random choice of pants, random choice of webbing regardless of their weapon class, random choice in helmet and whether or not the pawn wants to wear a goggle or a mask (those two being colorable). Allows for a smooth unique touch for each spawned pawntype while still maintaining uniformity.

The boys are back in town. Yes you may find they look a bit odd compared to before, that's due to them now having pants added more as a display and not part of the outfit and being more vanilla in design. Their body armor is a Crye CAGE just like before done by Fiendakko, our lovely apparel artist and he's also done the official MW2 webbing that 141 uses. I threw in the armor as a personal design choice since I feel these guys running around without body armour is certain death if they're trying to secure the outer rimworld for their planet's refugees.

Two versions of the 141 helmet and a colorable fleece jacket.

MICH Helmet 141 A

Version design based on Roach's helmet

MICH Helmet 141 B

Version design based on Rook's helmet

Crye CAGE
Artwork by Fiendakko

So as you may notice there are no attachments and the armour is plain. You may go "what the heck?! The old design was more interesting!" Yes you're right, however this allows the body armour to be more modular. We have 4 types of webbings (One of which shown below) and these will be worn over this body armour so you can have different configurations of how your pouches go.

Flyye X Belt AR (Comes with 3 more other variants)
Artwork by Fiendakko

Based on the Gunner, Sniper and SMG class of Task Force 141 models from MW2 (using GMod references), painstakingly done by Fiendakko by hand which took him ages to bloody do. Happy with his work and the results.

Enlistment:

You will be able to enlist and join Task Force 141. I'll allow them to issue you new equipment in their provisions and whatever to replace your worn out gear or to equip your guys with fresh kit often without having to produce them yourself. The one thing I want to do to separate them from Rangers is make it harder to join, so I'll make it so that you have to be about +75 or maybe +100 relations with 141 before they let you join them.

I understand some may not like the feature cause they're meant to be a special operations unit, thankfully can be explained away with Warzone's storyline where Cpt Price recruits Farah and Nikolai into 141, those two being mercenaries (Farah technically since joining Chimera) and not necessarily having to go through selection. Shepherd did call them "The world's best hand picked warriors."

Will change the logo on some of these later, i.e. salary will feature a money envelope and others looking more modernized and military-tacticool-esque.

As you can see, you can be enlisted in more than one faction.

Reinforcements with two enlisted factions:

Tested how reinforcements work with more than one enlisted faction

Thankfully not buggy, you get a random faction being sent to aid you, first one that came was 141

Second time were rangers

Shot of the two faction pawntypes being near each other for comparison.

Modularity with Rimmu-Nation 2 planned

Their weapons are coded in the way that they only have 4 types: M4A1 Task Force, FN Minimi 7.62, THOR M408 and RSASS. If you however have Rimmu-Nation mods turned on they appear with all kinds of weapons, which will come in a new update having added new tags to coalition themed weapons.

Pardon the lack of communication, missed about 2-3 months worth of updates. Life here in the training regiment hasn't been luxurious and have been demanding more and more of my time. Have been improving my fitness and some skills on the trade. Spending more time with family as a result of added stress trying to get along with other squaddies and trying to be good enough for the job. This has resulted in less and less time put in modding, so I've spent more and more money to get these projects done. Special thanks to fiendakko, TMC, Ods and the other guys who have been helping. I plan on getting more stuff done soon as possible.

Quote from: Tutankhamun on October 11, 2021, 09:17:05 PM
Why are you making the factions standalone? Wouldn't it be easier for you to make them depend on the weapon and apparel mods to function? I'm pretty sure the great majority of the people will use both when using any of your faction mods. Sorry if i sound offensive or anything.

People who don't use my mods but want to use the factions don't use Rimmu-Nation already. Most of the people who would get into the factions may just wanna populate their world, but not be interested in everything else this mod series has to offer. This is more obvious when watching streamers like Mr. Streamer aka Samuel Streamer or Rarr who have enabled my faction mods before but they weren't interested in Rimmu-Nation.

I'd rather people can pick and choose and find things interesting than be turned off by an option they have to make, which is enable all these RH2 mods or have none of them at all. They'd end up going with the easiest option, so I'd rather provide the easy option to pre-empt that.

Quote from: Mordo on October 23, 2021, 06:55:16 AM
Hi, is the Rimdeed mod discontinued from the Steam Workshop?

I'm waiting for Steam Support's DMCA team to get back to me and see if they're willing to unban the mod under the defense that it's a fair use parody mod. If they don't re-instate it and side with Indeed.inc which I feel is where it's headed towards, I'll rename the mod and re-release it since I'll have no choice.

I've asked if I can rename the mod and they unban it (since that will remove all content that caused the mod to be DMCA'd in the first place) but steam support seems to be very robotic in dealing with the issue and won't give me any human response that goes along the lines of "yeah that sucks man, we'll let you rename the mod and unban it. should be no problem" instead I get play by play, guidebook responses that seem to accumulate into "This is your problem, it's between you and Indeed.inc".

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Hey all. Just some slow progress report on Task Force 141. I'm redoing some of the UI for enlistment.

Missions
Rangers version:

141 version:

Note: Mission screen may change for 141 also.

Salary
Rangers version:

141 version:

Note: 141 will pay more though they may pay less frequently.

Provisions
Rangers version:

141 version:

Note: 141 provisions will include something like:
x100 MREs
x30 Medicine
x2 Crye CAGE body armour
x2 MICH Helmet (141 A)
x2 Flyye X Belt (Assault)
x2 141 fleece
x2 DCU BDU pants

Every 5 days? Maybe 7 days? Open to suggestions on the contents and the frequency.

No weapons included, weapons provided are to be the responsibility of the commanding officer of the militia attached to the unit. (That means you guys)

I thought weapons need to be your responsibility since you couldn't have possibly enlisted to 141 without having some sort of firepower. Their requirement to join will be a lot more in relations than rangers. I may just set it to +75. This means no random early start settlements (with the exception of rich explorer) can just join this special operations unit. I thought them throwing a ton of rations at you, some medical supplies and issued uniform could be reasonable enough since it's kinda like that in real life (Kinda. You break it or lose it, you get charged for it). If it was time for exercise they just throw ration packs at you.

I'm guessing in the current dire circumstances of this faction's planet, they'd be happy to throw a lot of provisions at anyone trustworthy and worth their salt to be part of the unit.

We could just chock it down to "Guys, we have to give you some responsibility. We pay a lot to have you around already."

Storage
Rangers version:

141 version:

May leave most of the training ones alone, may change the enlistment, resign and mission screen. May keep most of these for other modern military factions. We shall see. They will basically do the same thing, some may pay out different things than others and will have different art to give that unique feeling for each faction. If I ever do a similarly themed faction I may just leave some of the icons alone.

Finally, I may not include part time work option for Task Force 141 since they may just give a set payment that is larger than the Rangers.

Ghost's new balaclava. New 141 Boonie and ear defenders yet to be done.

May also redo the Type B helmet and throw in the patches and etc. for that one just because I prefer it's colour.

In addition to this, I'm also gonna inform people here that 141 operators will now flee from combat when they're losing a fight. Realistically, people want to live and see their families again, not die for some strangers who are getting overrun, in some foreign land that isn't their neighbourhood. "Fuck this. I wanna go home." I feel it'll be more realistic than letting them fight to the death when there's a few of them left vs an overwhelming force where their pawns are likely to die. Sadly hits close to home, as much as soldiers may get paraded around as heroes in movies (not saying there aren't any heroes), they're people who wanna go home too.

Any thoughts about these, feel free to drop them here.

That's all for now. No, Steam's DMCA team has not gotten back to me about Rimdeed. Actually approached a pro bono firm that specializes in IP infringement cases like these, usually for small companies and individuals, but they're saying since I'm some hobbyist they won't get involved. Asked for the email sent to me in case they could help but I don't even know if I should bother if they've already given me a "no". All I wanted is some kind of firm letter clearing the air that my work is protected by fair use so I can be left alone. Can't be arsed for this drama when I'm already dealing with grown men acting like high school kids in the army. One step at a time.

Quote from: Skynert on October 26, 2021, 08:20:31 AM
Whaat? Stupid Steam ;/

Wish they'd stand up for us being that this is their platform and they're big enough, but they wanna make money not square off with other companies in lawsuits so they'll not deal with the politics. I don't blame them.

Skynert

Can you just rename mod and upload as new? Also I cant wait for Rangers and 141

Chicken Plucker

More progress on Task Force 141. Last UI that was planned on being redone is finished.

Enlistment
Rangers version:

141 version:

Mission board UI
Rangers version:

141 version:

In-game screenshots:

Needs more polish clearly. Other UI will be left alone. 141 will not have an option for part time jobs so the UI there is gone.

Headgear art by Tittymcswaggy:

Comtacs that go with the Ghost balaclava. May create a pawntype of just guys in Ghost's outfit

WIP boonie hat modelled after Modern Warfare 2019's Cpt Price

Again, these beautiful headgear artworks were done by Tittymcswaggy.

Rimdeed infringement drama update:
DMCA team from steam finally replied only to tell me to "read the email" and "speak directly to Indeed's lawyer with the contact details in the email below" pretty much sending me away after implying I can't read to go on a fool's errand to speak to a lawyer who's job is to enforce their company's IP while I'm some small hobbyist who can't afford a lawyer.

My response was calling this out and telling them that I went to them because I wanted an unbiased response "because Steam is your platform", how they know how the conversation will be one sided if I go to the lawyer. I asked if I can instead have the DMCA removed if I rename the mod, which will remove the reason for the ban in the first place. I doubt we'll get anywhere but there's no harm done trying. Everyone just wants me to F off and go away. What a surprise when the day comes when these people are turned away themselves if they ever need anything and there's nobody to listen, they'll know exactly how I feel.

That's the way the cookie crumbles boys.

Quote from: Skynert on October 27, 2021, 10:12:24 AM
Can you just rename mod and upload as new? Also I cant wait for Rangers and 141

Of course I can. I can also tell my mom and cry about it, but I'd rather try and point out what's wrong with the picture and try to speak up about it instead of immediately folding. Nobody has shown signs of caring, but I wanna sign off knowing I tried my best. It's not like I ordered fast food and someone forgot the regular fries (which happened to me recently) cause I can let that go. What I find hard to let go is getting bullied by some lawyer and some company and having what's supposed to be the adults/teachers monitoring us in school (Steam) turning a blind eye, they don't wanna get involved. I swear, whether I'm at work or at break from work it's like I've been sent back to high school.

/endofrant

Me too. I can't wait. Skynert six, going dahkkkkkkk

williamb1995

Hello to you,
sorry for my broken english i'm french i wanted to tell you i'm a big fan of you and your mods a lot of my friends are too without you really knowing it.

I was afraid during your period of inactivity that something had happened to you or that you would stop the project.

in any case you're doing a wonderful job, I can't wait to see content and faction arrive. your mods are essential to many people.

courage to you, find your balance between work and passion.

thanks to you

french version
bonjour à toi,
désolé pour mon anglais approximatif, je voulais te dire que je suis un grand fan de toi et de tes mods, beaucoup de mes amis le sont aussi sans vraiment que tu le saches.

j'ai eu peur pendant ta période d'inactivité qu'il te soit arrivé quelque chose ou que tu arrêtes le project.

en tous cas tu fais un boulot magnifique, j'ai hate de voir arrivé du contenu et faction. tes mods sont essenciel à beaucoup de monde .

courage à toi , trouve ton équilibre entre le boulot et la passion.

merci à toi