[1.4] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

UAC Faction
2 (16.7%)
DOOM Demons
2 (16.7%)
Militaires Sans Fronteries
5 (41.7%)
Star Wars: First Order Faction
0 (0%)
Star Wars: Old Republic Faction
1 (8.3%)
UNSC Faction
2 (16.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

gmen85

The rimdeed stuff is beyond pathetic. I understand if you want to fight for it, but just keep in mind that despite requring some extra effort, letting them drown in their own misery might be a reward too.

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys. At work in a few minutes, been meaning to reply to the last two posts since two days ago but Ludeon was down for two days.

Just leaving the pics I was gonna post during weekend, 141 is slowly but surely progressing.

MREs have been coded. Joke .png happened to be in the folder so a stack texture bug appeared, pretty funny stuff. They only do +2 now, may tweak balancing for this and Ranger rats cause one of them has to taste better (but really they're both pretty rats)

Redone both helmets, swapped colours but it took longer than I had hoped to do due to work getting in the way.

You can see, default helmet colour is now closer to OG.

A

B

TMC has finished boonie hats and comtacs

I did new eye pros for Ghost. I forgot the name boys, as said work is starting soon so im rushing to post this

Missions icon has a new one

Fiendakko finished a hydro pack

More later boys. Gotta go now, thanks for your kind words.

Edit: post bbcode bugged out on some images

SteelTitan

Really excited to see the return of 141, downloading the Rangers right now
Two quick questions: Is the Coalition going to return, or are the Rangers their replacement, and are the Steam Workshop versions for the 1.3 mods being updated?

EDIT: Sorry, one other thing: Will you be doing any more British gear? Especially in DPM or MTP?

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Task Force 141 Faction - Beta release, Rangers updated

GOOGLE DRIVE RH2 Factions Download

NOTE: 141 is untested for gameplay (Besides showing no errors, not playtested), I've only rushed to take away all errors despite having to wake up in 4 hours. Let me know what's wrong. Both mods are fixed to have music playing with the mission board open.

Also "short hash" errors appear when rangers and 141 are both enabled, will worry about it later. Does not affect your game. Major issue is the leader title name errors caused by ideology, leaving it for now cause I got to go.

As always guys, am in a rush. It's 1 AM. Here's an unfinished post of Task Force 141 with Rangers updated. May still have errors on the leader names of both factions thanks to Ideology DLC. I know its annoying but I can't have leaders without stupid religious names that nobody gives a crap about or else it breaks like this. Thanks for that feature Tynan, freakin "Holy Commander" of a special forces faction, and the mod throws errors unless I'm using some Ideology DLC based name maker for leader names. Will sort out later among other things.

Goodnight.

Quote from: SteelTitan on November 15, 2021, 12:13:40 PM
Really excited to see the return of 141, downloading the Rangers right now
Two quick questions: Is the Coalition going to return, or are the Rangers their replacement, and are the Steam Workshop versions for the 1.3 mods being updated?

EDIT: Sorry, one other thing: Will you be doing any more British gear? Especially in DPM or MTP?

Coalition may not return. I don't see the point, personally. They're like Task Force 141 with more random clothing. Not into it. I don't know what you mean about 1.3 mods being updated, they are up to date. If you mean the outdated versions stuck outside of 1.3, they're being updated here for RH2, all done in a new style.

British gear, yes but as with the others, in new style and will take some time.

LazyLazuli

Thank you so much for releasing the 141 faction mod! It seems to me that it's in a good state. The only bug I found was a visual glitch where 141 clothes like helmets, balaclavas, and the crye armor vest of the faction would appear tiny in the gear tab of pawns and when placed on the ground/storage racks. I also found the reinforcement call to be a bit overpowered as a unit of like 50 pawns come into drop pods to wherever you choose. I'm at endgame with over 1 million colony wealth so I'm not sure if it's based on that but it's crazy overpowered and abusable.

One QOL request I would like to make is to make the items of red horse into it's own category. Right now almost all clothes and weapons are mixed in with the other items and it's a pain to assign the outfits unless you use the search bar and know the specific clothes you want to use (and there me who accidentally misclicked on accept all instead of the red X and has to start all over :\). There is a start to this but it's only accessories and body armor at the moment. It would also be nice to have another category for faction related clothing so if a user wanted to roleplay being part of a faction, they can just toggle it in the setting.

Anyways, I really enjoyed getting to test these two factions out and the fact that they carry a large amount of silver finally solves my problem of having too many items clog my storages and towns not being able to buy them. I also like the reasoning for the plain looking body armor and the use of webbing that made me rethink how I could barbie up my pawns. I can't wait for future updates!

Chicken Plucker

Hey all, just stuck waiting for things. 141 is missing some fixes and features. Here's what they are:

- Display icons for apparel so they don't look tiny and improper
- Faction leader name (same goes for rangers)
- Possibly other description polishes
- Fix ration recipes

- HK 433 rifle
Art by: Fiendakko

- Balance reinforcements to send less units
- Error fixes for no madefromstuff on apparel in provisions

- New provisions option on enlistment screen, it will be called "military issue" which has rifles and the gear given to you, rather than the care package which I want to have food and medicine only

Waiting on Taranchuk for the C# side of things.

I've been sitting on a Rimmu-Nation 2 weapons and apparel update since around July.

For apparel, just the police uniform and potentially some new extras like a backpack or etc.

For weapons, here they are:

TAR-21

M4A1
Art by: Erok031

SVU

M2000 Invervention

Mk14 EBR
Art by: Dandman68

Kriss Vector

HK69

Forgotten that these have been sitting in the folders of Rimmu-Nation 2 weapons, have been bogged down in this military engineering trade course. I'm finishing it by Feb but that doesn't mean I stop being busy. I have been behind on my trade course so this meant I had to stay behind early finish days to do more work. Besides that I've been trying to catch up and improve fitness since I have been in the rear a lot, so apologies that these mods have been delayed to high heck but it's just that the problems on the other side of the dam have been piling up guys. What little time I've had has been spent on weekends with family, have never appreciated their company as much as I have now due to all the time I spend just having to be on the ball.

Progress on Rimdeed:

To summarise here's what happened in bullet points for the crayon munchers such as myself who get brainwave overload when they see paragraphs
- Indeed.inc took down my mod Rimdeed in Steam Workshop and claimed Trademark infringement
- They used DMCA takedown and Steam had to back off
- Steam basically tells me "it's your problem, deal with it."
- Had no help for about 2-3 weeks and it felt like a lost cause until Mario messaged me here
- Mario is a pro lawyer and offered to help me with this case pro bono (that means for free)
- Mario had negotiated with Indeed.inc lawyers and Steam during the past several weeks along with doing his main work
- He's gonna write a counter notice soon and I will be able to re-instate the mod so long as I agree to add that parody warning in the future
- Still waiting for the counter notice and results, but it's a sure win since Indeed was in the wrong. DMCA takedown was the wrong tool to use against my mod in the first place, but they did what they did so they could prove that they fight for their trademark and they don't lose rights to it.
- Nobody wants litigation but Mario was willing to go there if they wanted to be silly, they'd have had to go to Washington where Steam is based and he'd represent me, meaning I wouldn't have had to go to the US for this BS and they (Indeed) would've likely lost the case and would have had to pay the court and Mario for the legal fees. That's if they lost. In the off chance they won, I'd be mucho broke.

happy ending coming for that hopefully soon, I thank God for answering the prayers I've made over the situation.

Umbra Company faction mod progress:

Fiendakko has been hard at work being my armour maker lately. I'm thinking about calling "Umbra Company" as they are supposed to be now, which is "Shadow Company" from call of duty. The downside is the originality is out the window, despite the fact that that's who they were supposed to be in the first place. Had to make changes at the time, since I actually cared about copyright and originality then.

Upside? Cooler name and lore? Downside is Umbra Company is just blotted out of existence and it's no longer original or as imaginative, having a lore that was based in outer rimworld, not from whatever I cooked up involving some other universe.

Anyway let's talk about the gear.

The standard body armour for the pawns, it's gonna come with a backpack. Likely a hydration pack. Fiendakko has done it based on MW2 models of Shadow Company dudes.

Heavy version of the armour, did not ask for it. Fiendakko thought I did, but I'm glad he made it anyway cause it looks good for the gunners.

I want their special units re-designed. There's gonna be a unit dressed exactly like "Velikan" from MW 2019, guy with the helmet and shark teeth or oni looking face paint on this ballistic mask. Thought it'd look cool. Final version will have pouches and groin guard with Velikan units being all dressed in black with ally NVGs and jet black ballistic goggles. He's basically the edgy kid in the class that people avoid.

I've asked Taranchuk for a feature to stop players from enlisting to a faction if you're already enlisted to one they're hostile to. Umbra Company's return will be the first hostile faction from RH2 assuming others don't make it first. (The purple bois)

Quote from: LazyLazuli on December 01, 2021, 12:51:06 AM
Thank you so much for releasing the 141 faction mod! It seems to me that it's in a good state. The only bug I found was a visual glitch where 141 clothes like helmets, balaclavas, and the crye armor vest of the faction would appear tiny in the gear tab of pawns and when placed on the ground/storage racks. I also found the reinforcement call to be a bit overpowered as a unit of like 50 pawns come into drop pods to wherever you choose. I'm at endgame with over 1 million colony wealth so I'm not sure if it's based on that but it's crazy overpowered and abusable.

One QOL request I would like to make is to make the items of red horse into it's own category. Right now almost all clothes and weapons are mixed in with the other items and it's a pain to assign the outfits unless you use the search bar and know the specific clothes you want to use (and there me who accidentally misclicked on accept all instead of the red X and has to start all over :\). There is a start to this but it's only accessories and body armor at the moment. It would also be nice to have another category for faction related clothing so if a user wanted to roleplay being part of a faction, they can just toggle it in the setting.

Anyways, I really enjoyed getting to test these two factions out and the fact that they carry a large amount of silver finally solves my problem of having too many items clog my storages and towns not being able to buy them. I also like the reasoning for the plain looking body armor and the use of webbing that made me rethink how I could barbie up my pawns. I can't wait for future updates!

Thanks my friend, been aware of some of the issues. Sadly still got a ton on my plate. Categories have been removed for now, will worry about it later though I could've sworn I've already done Rimmu-Nation categories. See you all with an improved version hopefully before next year.

Highly appreciate the feedback and kind words from everyone, will get these out to Steam soon as they are polished and good to go

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Task Force 141 & Rangers full release

Decided to give the mods a new preview, been trying out a new art style I am trying to learn from D&D/Magic the Gathering style artwork

141 has been polished to the deet. No errors anymore (That I know of).

Special thanks to Morphium for help with MRE recipes, may have to look into it cause it's displaying survival packaged meals instead of MRE for the cooking station.

- Ranger rations still need to be made cookable. Maybe when I have had at least 8 hours of sleep. Also the dog isn't added into this mod, DanDMan made this for me for the Ghosts faction, I don't wanna add it to Rangers cause I know animals spawning in raids give massive dramas and errors.

Details:
All the updated previews are on steam, here are the link for the playlist including the lore I've decided to write behind Red Horse.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2694644358

Example of previews:

Almost all of the known issues I've listed with 141 has been fixed. Display icons are fixed for certain items, new backpacks and rifle have been added, pawntypes polished to spawn with higher end stuffables depending on their rank.

Both factions have been thoroughly checked for errors in regards to the enlistment feature, sometimes descriptions missing.

Descriptions have been improved to explain what the player is getting for each enlistment service. Task Force 141 reinforcements have been nerfed, and so have rangers by a couple of hundred points.

Haven't slept since yesterday, if you guys didn't know Rimdeed was reinstated! Been so preoccupied so I'm sorry the news is late. Mario in black saved the day, may see what new update I had in store for Rimdeed before Steam knocked it down, I believe it was something minor. I have been thinking about giving the mod this new preview:

Here's the details: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2411722784/3199242577631124293/

Won't badmouth Indeed.inc anymore, their lawyer made the process fast and easy, he understood our situation and gave no dramas about bringing it back to workshop. We had a harder time convincing Steam in email that the lawyers already settled it in fact, bloody lot thought we were lying or something. Very grateful to God, to Mario, to Indeed, to you guys and to Steam that it's at least all behind us.

See you guys soon, still gotta finish 141 and Ranger previews. Merry Christmas guys!

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Task Force 141 & Rangers update

Details:
Various bug fixes, Taranchuk has fixed the infinite shield bug. Descriptions and Display edited.

Quote from: Skynert on December 27, 2021, 04:49:40 AM
Yaay! And Merry Rimmass :)

You too my friend, thank you!

Crosspass

i was wondering why the ranger faction file size is so big and then i found a folder called ".git". turn out i could delete it without causing error and shave 60mb.

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Task Force 141 & Rangers update

Details:
- Fixed incorrect display of 141 reinforcements UI (safe to ignore errors caused by this deletion)
- removed .git folder for players to reduce memory

Quote from: Crosspass on December 29, 2021, 04:23:25 AM
i was wondering why the ranger faction file size is so big and then i found a folder called ".git". turn out i could delete it without causing error and shave 60mb.

Hey thanks for bringing it up. I was wondering how in the heck happened too, shaving it off to the files using 512x512 pixels being large. The truth is that folder has to be there to make github updates smooth, it's broken down tons of times for Taranchuk, my coder for VOID and other old mods cause I kept deleting them. If they were deleted, he'd update an outdated version of the mod while I'll be unable to push the latest in github due to an error caused by removing the folder, which means delays and the mod ending up getting rolled back rather than progressing.

What I've decided to do is remove it for players and keep it for a copy of the github version. Cheers

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Task Force 141, Rangers and Rimdeed update

Details:
- Game breaking bug when your pawn uses jetpack during a raid or caravan ambush, caravan gets lost or dies fixed
- Fixed ideology DLC giving slavery debuff to religions such as Christian for all three mods
- Rimdeed about.xml description update
- MRE recipe fix for 141

Edit: special thanks to Taranchuk for the hard work fixing the issues!

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Task Force 141, Rangers and Rimdeed update

Details:
- Jetpack.dll fix, seems people still ran into disappearing caravans during raids when used.

As always, special thanks to Taranchuk for fixing the issues.

NOTE: New poll posted

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Task Force 141 and Rangers update

Details:
- Caravans losing items when prisoners are turned in fix
- Enlist performance spike fixed

Special thanks to Taranchuk for the fixes and Madman for reporting the performance issue. Gotta go guys, almost forgot to post the update.

Seeing as the majority voted.. it's VOID you're gonna get.