[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
1 (33.3%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (66.7%)
XOF
0 (0%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Skynert

I hope you are ok. Your mods accompany me from... propably always. I love Rangers, 141 that I use with VE Deserters for tacticool guerilla warfare. And I just cant play without Rimmunation. Yes its bloaty mod with 90% guns I see/saw first time in my life but... More guns means more safety.

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Credits: Clank Sinatra

Hello guys, my eyes are fine and dandy. As always been away on exercises and such. Sadly hit a minor set back when some nasty individual gained access to my steam (through a fault of my own) and had to re-install Steam among a bunch of other annoying procedures to get my account back. It resulted in the loss of all the files I had no backup for, which sadly includes some unfinished mods and unpublished changes, but that's alright. Can always rebuild.

Main reasons for delay however is the daunting nature of continuing to mod. It's just a very very time consuming hobby, the mods are never 100% done with the complaints and issues, then you have the fact that I only have a team for C# and Art, I can't afford to pay someone .xml coding, that's all down to me. It sucks out all motivation for me so I took a long break doing other things.

Anyway nonetheless, here are some progress on Star Wars and Halo so far, things are still going strong just very slowly.

Credits to: DanDMan68, TMC and myself for the art below. Have decided to go with Dan over Thogg who did First Order weapons since Thogg is sadly out of action.

Once we're done with the sci-fi stuff, I'm planning to get back on the tacticool side of things. I'm no longer interested in getting in too deep with Star Wars and Halo, because it's too much work and other countless talented teams of modders have done it already. I'm gonna get DOOM done once and for all, and chin off Covenant or whatever other major sci-fi factions cause frankly, nobody's got time for it. My plan is to go back to the tacticool roots when its all done cause I'm less reliant on commissioners, and I can just do my own thing.

Previews:

Old Republic faction (WIP)

First Order (Finished)

In-game textures for weapon:
Polyfibe Onslaught Blaster Rifle:

Transparisteel Asylum Blaster Rifle:

Campaign Field Tech's sniper rifle:

E-403 heavy cannon:

Notes: Old Republic pawn textures (save one armor that Jango may not be able to do) are complete. UI textures to be done by myself, including First Order's and then they could get coded. My initial plans were do DOOM first, but at this rate by thoughts are to just get any mod out as soon as possible.

Halo:

EOD:

Security:

Hayabusa:

ODST:

Will have the white parts colorable for different ODST ranks and etc.

Quote from: Skynert on June 08, 2023, 03:48:33 PMI hope you are ok. Your mods accompany me from... propably always. I love Rangers, 141 that I use with VE Deserters for tacticool guerilla warfare. And I just cant play without Rimmunation. Yes its bloaty mod with 90% guns I see/saw first time in my life but... More guns means more safety.

I'm fine brother thanks for asking. Just taking it slow  8)

Shoulda updated you guys sooner, my apologies. Just had a wild ride the last few months. I thank the Lord I am still here.

To do:

- Furniture previews for uncle boris mod
- .xml coding owed to Ods
- Re-size rimmu-nation pistols
- Release new changes and patches to VOID

Skynert

Yaay. Good to hear you are ok.

More tacticool stuff? Vehicles are getting release very soon, just saying. Not that Im suggesting this to be remade

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2051057806&searchtext=helicopter

Or Get to the Safe Zone! Or Get on the Boat!

Chicken Plucker

Just updating everyone on my supa slow progress. Been trying to get back into modding lads, few progresses at a time.

Changed the background and slowly chipping away detailing for the Havoc boys for the Old Republic preview. Then I will code the two SW factions and try and get a release this year for them. I'm sorry things aren't full steam like they used to be lads. I am so rusty, but there is a backlog of content that needs .xml coding.

Still need to keep my promise to ods and code his weapons.

Quote from: Skynert on July 22, 2023, 12:59:50 PMYaay. Good to hear you are ok.

More tacticool stuff? Vehicles are getting release very soon, just saying. Not that Im suggesting this to be remade

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2051057806&searchtext=helicopter

I ain't gonna be around for the exodus of vehicles bro. I have SO MUCH backlog. I will let everything take its course, then return with new commissions and textures. I'll think about my own framework that all RH2 factions can use, so they can all shoot each other with cool tanks, and commission the best vehicle artists to make these for us.

That's a faraway goal though. Bare bones basics first, get our old modlist converted to RH2 and then worry about the vehicles last.

Skynert

I was joking. There is enough vehicles for now. I like this artwork btw

Chicken Plucker

Hello guys. I wanna apologise for zero progress on everything from my part. I don't have excuses guys, just found it difficult to find motivation in RimWorld. Rest assured I still wanna do modding, just been finding the whole thing stressful and less exciting like before. I started modding with high hopes but now I see the list of unfixed bugs that need fixing, the list of new mods and features that need doing.

I do have good news since TMC is still continuing on the Halo mod and he's now in charge of the Spartan III era armors.

Without TMC or Le Faux there'd be no progress here being posted so I'm grateful for da boys. Many thanks to your donations as well that have been put to these commissions- one day these will be playable mods and I stand by that.

Helljumper Armor

Spartan Air Assault (Based on Kat's armor, modified from Serina's template)

Le Faux has done the Militaires Sans Frontieres weapons:

Just a note that we're using their in-universe weapon names. Makes it easy to create duplicate weapons with varying looks and it will be evident if and when Cordis Die returns and we won't have to remake AK-12 for the tenth time- it will be named after whatever its named in their world.

FNC (May be added to rimmu-nation or another mod):

MRS-4 (Their version of non-copyright FNC and etc etc):

M1D:

M21:

M700:

MG3:

Stoner 63:

Stun Rod:

Much credits and thanks to Le Faux/Fiendakko, the MSF mod is finished in textures but it is absolutely left on hold cause of me. He got a bit nuts adding more weapons than I asked for but that's a good sign haha.

MSF needs to be compiled into a functioning mod, just like Old Republic- It needs a new preview and it needs to be put together. The textures are already ready.

I do apologise for all this lads, my eyes are bloody fixed now but I still haven't screwed the nut.

Potentially delaying the progress even more is that in the coming months I'll be thrown in a bunch of exercises and operations with the career. Laptop broke down and gave up so it's gonna be away for repairs but that's not gonna be as big of an issue as the fat bills heading my way.

See you guys on the other side. One day these mods will be released and I hope I can only look back at this road and laugh.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on July 22, 2023, 12:59:50 PMYaay. Good to hear you are ok.

I absolutely want my own vehicles bro- but at the moment I am outmatched. I'm not even doing my own textures anymore at this moment and the guys that work for me are grafting putting me to shame. If a time does come when I can square everything away and clear my bills- I'll go all out on a vehicles collection mod of our own. We'll give it a funky brand like Rimmu-Nation or Uncle Boris selling used surplus vehicles.

Chicken Plucker

(will show the finished product once the mod is posted here in the future)

10 years in the making lads, oh my days da chicken is back. I would like to present, chicken plucker 2 the long awaited sequel. Queue the clash of destiny soundtrack from SWTOR, let's goooo

Still got it baybeeeeeeeee  8)  8)  8)

Halo progress:

MJOLNIR Mk V Commando Armor

MJOLNIR Mk V Grenadier Armor

In case you're wondering- Yes. I'm gonna make sure you guys can remake the Noble Team in RimWorld once the Halo mod for RH2 is out.

BlackMarket420's commission: Deathstroke's Armor

Much thanks to TMC , BM420 and fiendakko for carrying on textures atm, I have taken the burden of previews but I strongly desire to get back into making my own apparels again so we can get my own take on UAC armors.

What's going on now?
- Getting back in RimWorld, addressing some bugfixes and the jammed up mods that need to be released.

Jammed up mods: (In order of readiness)
- Deathstroke's Armor
- First Order Faction
- Old Republic Faction
- Militaires Sans Fronteries
- DOOM (DOOM Eternal update)

Not so ready jammed up mods:
- UAC Faction
- Umbra Company

Current Plans:

Old Republic:
- Add Jedi Knights to the Old Republic Faction
- Needs abilities and lightsaber system
- UI art
- xml coding

First Order faction & MSF
- xml Coding
- UI art
- Preview art for MSF

VOID faction
- Bug fixes

Faction mods
- Rebalance the spacer weapons which was forgotten during the RH2 rebalance

Planned:
- Rimmu-Nation 2: Gloves and boots
- After everything, a small vehicle mod of RH2
- Halo's UNSC faction mod after current things in this list is addressed

What's the state of the mods?
- Lots of finished textures for apparel
- Needs UI, .xml, previews doing for the majority of all of these mods that have been WIP
- Bugfixes now and then when Taran gets them done, though he- like myself- has been slow on RimWorld mods lately

Wallpapers of the upcoming Star Wars factions, enjoy:

Chicken Plucker

Hello all, today have been working on MSF cover art. It is not yet finished, so far the logo is a placeholder.

Also forgot about and unearthed our Mandalorian add-on for RH2 factions. I'll have to begin working on those as well.

Will work on a preview for them too.

Plans:

Current mods:
- Whatever bugfixes and balancing comes my way
- Unreleased re-texture of Field Parka and Arthur Morgan's outfit for Rimmu-Nation 2 clothing

New mods (The ones that are currently in progress):
Deathstroke's Armor
- Apparel textures to be done and masked by BlackMarket420
- .xml and colouring of textures to be done by Chicken Plucker
- Preview to be done by Chicken Plucker

Old Republic
- Old Republic Jedi Knight coding for abilities and lightsaber parrying system needs to be done
- Old Republic Jedi Knight armor commissioned to Dandman to be done
- Lightsaber texture to be done by Chicken Plucker
- UI for enlistment to be done by Chicken Plucker
- .xml to be done by Chicken Plucker

MSF
- Food textures
- Figure out how the Tranq guns will be coded (may have to use the Tranq gun mod's .dll with permission)

First Order
- Decide if I wanna add Knights of Ren pawnkinds
- Faction logo texture to be done by Chicken Plucker

Mandalorian Mercenaries
- Mandalorian pawnkinds have to be always human in coding
- Enjoy coding the Ideology while chinning off source material cause ideology DLC is a pain
- Weapon textures yet to be commissioned to an artist
- Faction preview texture to be done by Chicken Plucker

Chicken Plucker

Hello all, preview is nearing completion. Just need more detailing. Got the old font back and same as old
republic preview, detailing over the outline now as per my new technique.

Meanwhile we have Dan doing the Mandalorian weapons:

Galaar-15 rifle (Top) as seen in TCW used by Death Watch

Death Watch blaster as seen in the Mandalorian used by Death Watch (I don't know its actual name yet)

First Order faction logo done by myself (just traced over an existing artwork and made it better fit RW)

TMC forgot Jorge's backpack so he got to it. It'll be a separate accessory.

other notes
- Jango is unable to do Correilan armor for Old Republic which is a shame
- Dan will do Jedi armor for Old Republic last, it's a shell layer armor that comes with a colorable coat
- shashlichnik has begun adapting Hand-To-Hand to Force powers for Jedi pawntypes
- Taranchuk has finished VOID patches and bug fixes
- Fiendakko will work on heavy battle armor for MSF as soon as he is able

My plans this weekend:

RH2 Factions
- Nerf the spacer weapons to be in line with the RH2 rebalancing

Rimmu-Nation 2 - Clothing
- Add Arthur Morgan's coat and hat dubbed "Outlaw coat" and "Outlaw hat"
- Rename "Detective coat" back to "Noir coat"
- Re-texture for recon jacket and FLUX helmet

re-textures:

FLUX Helmet has PELTORs with a microphone added in for the re-texture. This is for you guys who wanted these kinds of attachments for the helmet, since our modular headgear system never worked out. I'm probably going to return to just combining gas masks/respirators with helmets for future outfit sets.

I am only doing this for the FLUX helmet since it always felt so empty with the huge space. It is a helmet meant to be more ergonomic with more space than the other high cuts, fitting these cans for your ears, so I think it's fitting to have them there by default (pun not intended). FAST Helmets and the EXFIL will be left alone as they are. FAST Helmets and EXFIL with some modifications like these may be reserved for factions, similar to how MICH helmets for Task Force 141 has some unique features to it compared to the Rimmu-Nation 2 ones

Recon jacket:

Based on the "Ghost Pro" trench coat in Black Ops, I don't think Fiendakko necessarily did a bad job on this commission- but I hate how flat it looks.

I commissioned Dan to make a better version, and I'm happier with the re-texture coming this weekend:

Chicken Mitchell 2 - Hairstyles:

Shadowheart

Karlach

Just adding more hairstyles for Chicken Mitchell to keep things fresh. We've got a few character hairs from Baldur's Gate 3, I will try to add more from the new Warzone 2 game from COD, and will try to fulfil someone's request for Scully and Mulder's hair from X-Files. Was gonna do all party members from BG3 but I think this weekend's window for all these updates are a bit tight.

Finally, I realize many of us here haven't actually seen Fiendakko's work on the remastering of the MSF textures. I left him to his own devices especially since this is someone else's commission when they wanted an update for the mod last year. I'll leave some previews of the textures to close this post.

I'll be on my way. I'll see you guys with hopefully a post of updates this Sunday, or latest- Monday.

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Updates: Google Drive Link

Mods Updated:

Chicken Mitchell 2 - Hairstyles
7 new hairs added
- Shadowheart
- Karlach
- Astarion
- Izzy
- Mulder
- Scully
- Bateman

Rimmu-Nation 2 - Clothing
- Field parka re-texture updated
- FLUX Helmet now has PELTOR headset attached on its texture
- Gunslinger jacket and hat added (Arthur Morgan's jacket and hat)
- Stuffable hats displaying only white texture has been fixed
- Kula vest description fix

Rimmu-Nation 2 - Weapons
- Pistol textures tweaked to vanilla draw size (finally)
- Launcher drawsize enlarged for certain launchers, i.e. MBT LAW and Javelin

Factions:

Rangers:
- Revolvers and handgun shrinked to vanilla size texture
- KBA Railgun damage nerfed from 50 to 35
- Tweaks to hired gun service system

Bounty Hunters:

- Plasma gun damage nerf 14 to 12

Hey guys, wanted to do more hairs and wanted to push for VOID updates this weekend (Monday already) but even with overextending and sacrificing some lovely sleep time, I just ran into issues and lack of time.

Anywho, hope you guys enjoy the new content and the changes. I know its been a while since the last update so this is the first of many more to come.

I'm hoping we get a faction out next weekend but at this rate problems just pop their heads out when we least expect. MSF needs a heavy battle armor and their warmth shell layer clothing done so every faction nearing completion (Old Republic, First order, MSF) has a minor obstacle at the moment stopping them from getting past 70% completion.

Anyway, see you guys soon with more content.

Chicken Plucker

Hello all, pleased to announce MSF preview is finished. Just waiting on heavy armor, their shell apparel and some UI stuff, then I can move on to .xml coding. The next time you'll see this preview is with the text during release.

Heavy armor preview (done by Fiendakko/Le Faux)

First Order preview has been touched up with the blaster getting some detailing and etc. I have began their UI art for enlistment, and I plan on releasing First Order first since its the most ready one out of the three factions in the pipeline.

Storage:

Salary:

Imperial Issue:

I may re-use these images to save time for old republic and mando factions, but I'll hear your thoughts on that if you have any and you feel it should be different for each faction.

Mando preview (WIP)

Mandalorians have their previews started, seeing as their weapons are nearly complete. Seriously considered adding their gauntlets since its a massive part of mandalorians to counter jedi fighters. The weapons below are courtesy of Dandman. I have considered making this preview unique from Old Republic and First Order by having only one mandalorian, it also makes it easy for me not having to painstakingly draw two individuals. If anyone suggests to continue this rule of two (star wars pun not intended) then please give us a shout here.

WESTAR-35

EE-3 Carbine

Old republic:

Jedi Knight armor (Balmorran Knight armor from SWTOR)

Here is the Jedi Knight armor for the old republic, its been done by Dandman. I have considered adding knights of ren for First Order but seeing as their force powers are weak and they don't even use lightsabers.. I am taking a pass on giving them any siths due to canon.

Arkham Deathstroke's Armor:

BlackMarket420 with this epic armor. Unfortunately cost me quite a ton in commission, about 3 Spartan armors worth from TMC. There'd been some miscommunication and whatnot so that didn't help optimize my price, but nevertheless I'm happy with his work. Once the preview is done for this mod, you will all have Deathstroke's armor rereleased, perhaps with Deathstroke's super soldier serum included.

That's all for now folks, aiming for another update this weekend even if the update is minor just to keep things moving.

Chicken Plucker

About:
The Promethium Armor, also known as the Deathstroke Armor, is the embodiment of ruthless efficiency, where excellence always demands a high price.

This mod features the Arkham Deathstroke outfit from Arkham Origins.

Mod Features:
- Deathstroke Armor
- Deathstroke Helmet

Research Requirements:
- Recon Armor

NOTE:
This is an official update of this old mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099304337

FAQ:
Combat Wombat Extended?
Not yet, those pros will get to it

Credits:
BlackMarket420 - Textures
Chicken Plucker - .xml and preview art
Rocksteady Studios - Arkham Deathstroke design
Marv Wolfman and George Pérez - Deathstroke

Chicken Plucker

[RH2] Deathstroke Armor
- Fixed display .png showing small white outlines for the armor and helmet

[RH2] V.O.I.D. Faction
October fixes:
- Rimhammer Skaven faction incompatibility has been fixed (The cause was our mods sharing the "RH" prefix for animal base in coding.)
- Camera+ incompatibility caused by fixing the Skaven incompatibility has been fixed
- Stalker causing continuous SFX to play when tamed around the colony has been fixed
- New protocol code. Clues yet to be created. Stay tuned.
- Destroying planetary killer sites in dev mode will no longer cause a game over
- Jecstools and HAR related incompatibilities fixed
- Bug with STALKER starving inside an abandoned colony leading to a console log spam that crashes the game has been fixed
- Bug with planetary killer weapon spawning in impassable mountains has been fixed

Features added:
- Nerotonin-8b has the chance to heal more than one infliction/injury (1-3 of the worst injury)
- Nerotonin-8b patched for creatures using AnimalThingBase
- The Nerotonin-4 monsters now have their own category for corpses
- Meat for the Nerotonin-4 creatures now have a custom texture (to better indicate its negative effects).

Hello all, sadly very out of time. I meant to get more done this weekend for modding but I didn't. On the bright side a lot of things got done for me irl and that's what's important at the end of the day cause it keeps things going here.

Progress run down:

Mando preview is lookin' good but needs more done.

Dandman has completed all mando weapon textures, including correcting my mistake for First Order when I asked Thogg to do DLT-19X instead of DLT-19D. The 19X version was used by the original Galactic Empire and the First Order is using some new (Inferior Disney) version, with the only difference being that they (First Order) have a new scope and some crummy flashlight or something.

A280 DMR will be what the mandos are using. May give them the DLT-19X but I may not include that blaster at all since Jecrell's Galactic Empire already has them.. I may reserve that spot in case I ever do an OG Galactic Empire mod.

For Old Republic I have made a masked Antique Lightsaber that I plan on allowing to be colorable.

(Force push in action, a Jedi will be able to force push surrounding enemies in melee range and stun them after knocking them away a few tiles, open for attack)

Shash has made headways for that Jedi framework that the Jedi pawntype in Old Republic will be using, you guys enjoy if you ever get into combat with them since they will be able to reflect projectiles back to you. (Note that I am aware in lore they can only reflect blasters, not bullets or slugs, sadly too much of a pain to code that could end up with us being like CE having to patch for every weapon mod adding new bullets)

Enlist UI for first order done this week. Am honestly running out of ideas for UI art for these star wars factions cause their technology (in terms of everyday stuff that's UI worthy) is so vague.

TMC's Halo work:

Jun's Scout Armor WIP. After this all we have left is Emile from the Noble team. I plan on having a total of over 20 armors but we may not even reach that till we run out of good armors to do.

Fiendakko's MSF work:

Fiendakko finished the heavy armor for MSF. Asked him to do the shell they used to have and headgear from concept art for this armor that their mercenaries will use. Awkwardly I was rushing him last week aiming to get MSF done by this (last) weekend but he got things done, while I failed to even finish a faction as I hoped this week.

Anyways, I am planning on adding more Chicken Mitchell hairstyles for next weekend.

Current plans:
(BG3)
- Lae'zel
- Gale
- Will
- (Minthara? Maybe)

(Cold War)
- Kitsune

(Stranger Things)
- Billy H (Done!)

May include his moustache but its so thin that I may not bother. Someone wanted a mullet in the mod and what better place to get one than Stranger Things? I was gonna do Steve Harrington but I preferred Billy's hair cause I found it easier to convert to RimWorld due to the less open forehead area. Nobody wants to look at mostly a forehead on their pawn.

(Fitness)
- Zyzz (Done!)

"You mirin' bro?"

Closing notes, a new buyout system has been worked on by Taran for mercenary style factions. Will be pushed for Bounty Hunters. It is intended for paramilitary/mercenary hostile factions like Umbra Company or even MSF so that you can convert them into allies that will be friends with your friends, and enemies with your enemies at a high cost of silver.

Tune in next time. See you folks.