[1.4-1.5] (WIP) Red Horse ²

Started by Chicken Plucker, February 13, 2021, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What upcoming faction mod are you looking forward to most?

The Ghosts
1 (33.3%)
Cordis Die
0 (0%)
Bad Company
2 (66.7%)
XOF
0 (0%)
Umbra Company
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Skynert

Wgat about making  Deadpool custom xenotype IF Biotech is detected?

Chicken Plucker

Progress report:

Hello all, been a while since I've posted and I do apologise for lack of progression here. I'll get on over to show you what's going on.

First and foremost, the Deadpool mod is delayed because it's evolved a lot.

Apparel:
Crossbones and more villains have been added and will be coded for incidents in the Deadpool mod.

Hairs:

Deadpool mod plans:

"Wolf Hunt" incident:
Description:
Boss fight where an evil version of Deadpool (Dreadpool) alongside dark Gwenpool arrives in your colony, chasing a Wolverine pawnkind.

Dreadpool will carry a Muramasa blade capable of permanently killing pawns that can rapidly heal and resurrect. Gwenpool may carry a different mythical sword from Marvel, or I may give her something else.

Fun fact: Dreadpool is an evil version of Deadpool from the comic "Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe" and dark Gwenpool attempted to erase reality in her comics over in Gwenpool. Both characters end up fighting their original Earth 616 counterparts, I thought they'd be perfect boss fights, especially if you, the player have to deal with them and whatever powerful artifact they collected from an alternate world.

"The Punisher" incident:
Man in Black incident where The Punisher spawns with a custom AR-15 and a shield belt to help your colony if its in trouble.

"Open Contract" incident:
Bullseye, Crossbones, Shocker and Silver Sable are chasing and hunting down (Good) Gwenpool.

Notes:
- Bullseye pawnkind will have a HUGE accuracy boost on ranged attacks
- Crossbones pawnkind will have a powerfist weapon that can stun
- Shocker pawnkind will have a gauntlet in his suit that can fire explosive shockwaves that can/may stun and may have built in jump pack mechanics using his shockwave ability
- Silver Sable will have a powerful shield belt and her pistol from Insomniac Games' Spider-Man

Lastly:
Powered armor for Deadpool and a Silver Samurai power armor in the works, may add one final boss fight incident involving Silver Samurai who has a large sword that can also permanently kill resurrectors.

Back to MSF, I am back to working on MSF while Deadpool is awaiting some final things:
- C# coding
- Deadpool Powered Armor
- The Silver Samurai
- Anti-healing ray gun (may get canned)

Anyway here's MSF progress on textures:

Mission Screen UI (Will have love deterrence playing)

Enlistment UI textures:

Mission Button UI

Guard Duty UI

Provisions UI

Storage UI

Headgear redone:
MSF Bandana:

Miller's Aviator:

Miller's Scarf:

(Cut) Big Boss eye patch:

Notes: Why is it cut? Because I saw that the bandana renders under the eypatch, so it looks off. RimWorld prioritizes eyegear over other hats so that was an issue. May save for Diamond Dogs in the far future.

For now, still lots of work to be done. I have decided to scrap current progress on MSF coding cause its all over the place with Ranger coding and I've spent too much time not doing anything with it, best start over clean and get it out hopefully before XMAS.

For now, back on MSF.

Self notes:
- Supressed weapons pack update coming to Rimmu-Nation 2 weapons
- Crye loadout apparel pack update coming to Rimmu-Nations 2 clothing
- VOID Faction update pending
- Pending update on brainwash chair
- Pending fixes to MGS mod for the bionic

Quote from: Skynert on December 03, 2023, 06:55:28 AMWgat about making  Deadpool custom xenotype IF Biotech is detected?

It will mean more time and effort coding the xenotype and figuring out how to patch it and making a coder do C# for a double feature. I'd rather cut time and use the hediff system.

Skynert

More Provisions? I take that.

QuoteIt will mean more time and effort coding the xenotype and figuring out how to patch it and making a coder do C# for a double feature. I'd rather cut time and use the hediff system.

Ok

Chicken Plucker

1.4 Updates: Google Drive Link

Hello folks, apologies for my absence. Christmas time came with a lot of issues that left me a bit demotivated so I am sorry to announce the lack of MSF progress here despite the long wait. I have a few delays with Deadpool, Rimmu-Nation 2 Weapons and a VOID update.

Nevertheless, here are some new content, some fixes for the first month of 2024.

[RH2] Rimmu-Nation² - Clothing

Maritime Rapid Assault Team set added:
- Crye G2 Uniform (Full body onskin)
- AAC V2 Multicam body armor by First Spear
- FAST helmet SF configuration

Other items this update:
- Combat jacket

Fixes:
- All headgear with missing north textures fixed for compatibility reasons

Other notes:
- Previews have added gunslinger jacket and level 1 backpack from previous updates

[RH2] Chicken Mitchell² - Hairstyles

New Hairs added:

Male:
Andrey
Barry
Big Boss
Efraim
Killswitch
Langley
Mazur
Miller
Monopoly
Omni Man
Orlov
Punk
Reynolds
Robert
Tennant
Wolverine

Female:
Black Widow
Gwenpool
Lara II
Scarlet
Silver Sable
Tatiana
Velma
Wallaby

Facial Hair:
Andrey
Big Boss
Colbourne (Re-texture)
Killswitch
Langley
Mazur
Monopoly
Omni Man
Reynolds
Robert
Wolverine

[RH2] Metal Gear Solid

- Missing K-Rats recipe issue fixed (Was renamed incorrectly as MREs)
- Issue with missing textures for bandana for some users have been fixed.
- Gene-therapy halving healing factor than improving it has been fixed.

[RH2] Faction: Task Force 141

- Missing textures issue for eye pros for some users fixed

[RH2] BCD: First Aid

- Toolkits (modded android/mechanoid medicine) have been banned from use by pawns when ordered to administer first aid

Happy New Year all, God bless. Hope this year we get a lot of the old 1.0 factions returning and finish UAC once and for all for cryin' out loud.

Skynert

Thanks boss. Happy new orbital cycle :) And God save the Queen King

Rocket_Raccoon

Chicken Plucker

Minor fixes regarding food today guys.

RH2 "The Rationing"

Mods fixed:
RH2 Faction - Task Force 141
RH2 Faction - Rangers
RH2 Metal Gear Solid

- Fixed Task Force 141 cooking recipe system for MREs
- Fixed Rangers cooking recipe system for Ranger Rations
- Fixed Rangers recipe for muffaberg root beer, now can be found in breweries
- Fixed Metal Gear Solid cooking recipe system for K-Rations

Quote from: Skynert on January 22, 2024, 04:12:11 AMThanks boss. Happy new orbital cycle :) And God save the Queen King

Cheers bro!

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on January 23, 2024, 09:30:03 AMMuch appreciated!

Hey RR, welcome back! No problem. Hope to deliver more stuff soon.

williamb1995

Hey Hello ,
you really do a good job and I think that my 600 hours on the game are thanks to you with your mods.
THANKS

unfortunately for your new project, I am an old one who loves your first Red Horses 1 mod, I hope every day to review your collection "red horses classic 1.4" to be inflated by the arrival of new mod updated for 1.4 like "the gost" or even "coalition" and others.

so I saw that a modder had re-released the dooms faction mod in 1.4, I took the liberty of asking him if he ever intended to do the same with the other mods, here is his answer

MLIE ; "Ive offered but they were working on reworked versions of their mods. They said they would contact me if their older mods should be updated"

so my question is red horse 1 classic 1.4 still relevant? with us mod put back in 1.4?

otherwise thank you for your work on behalf of the French community

Chicken Plucker

Hello fellas, long time no see. Here's a massive Rimmu-Nation 2 Weapons update:

'24 Update

- Rimmu-Nation Workbenches re-introduced:
* RN CQB Desk
* RN LBW Desk
* RN HW Desk

- Supressed weapons added:
* M1911-S Silverballer
* USP-S 45
* P226-S
* Glock 17 SD
* M4A1-S DEVGRU

* Mk 14 EBR-S
* M700-S (AICS)

* ACR SD
* AKM-SD
* FN SCAR-L SD
* FN FAL-SD (Tatiana)
* M4A1-S DEVGRU

* AKS-74U SD
* P90 SD
* MP5SD
* M1014-SD

- New weapons added:
* Kar98k
* Mosin Nagant
* Wakizashi (Manganese)

- Spacer weapons re-introduced
* Auger Mk II
* BM003 Razor
* Longbow 1S-1K

Changes:
- Generic rebalancing of weapons such as Longbow 1S-1K
- New sounds for spacer weapons
- Accuracy buff for Kriss Vector
- Five Seven projectile changed from .45 ACP to 5.7 (was an error)
- Research fixes, courtesy of ThatCoolSnek

Credits to TMC and myself for the new weapon art.

Okay folks, let's talk about MSF. The elephant in the room is under a cardboard box, but it's noticeable. It's still not here.

I've bit off more than I can chew with factions, but I'm gonna put my foot down now and say I aim to get you all MSF in 2 weeks time as of this post, come hell or high water.

It has been very difficult with all the recent incidents and the course I'm dealing with right now irl, but I'm not happy with the lack of progress, considering there's several ready mods in the pipeline that just need coding:

- Old Republic Faction
- New Order Faction
- Mandalorians Faction
- MSF Faction

then there's the fact that DOOM is still sitting here waiting to be updated.

RH2 DOOM
UAC Faction

those will be addressed.

Deadpool mod needs coding, and Spec Ops The Line for RH2 has been commissioned to me so it just moved up in priority.

I will reply to william and also address the old faction mods.

So here's what I aim to be done in the next 2 weeks:

- MSF
- VOID Update (fixes)

Whatever happens, I'll update you guys and stay in comms. (If I don't its probably cause the obstacle course killed me)

Quote from: williamb1995 on February 07, 2024, 03:54:46 AMHey Hello ,
you really do a good job and I think that my 600 hours on the game are thanks to you with your mods.
THANKS

unfortunately for your new project, I am an old one who loves your first Red Horses 1 mod, I hope every day to review your collection "red horses classic 1.4" to be inflated by the arrival of new mod updated for 1.4 like "the gost" or even "coalition" and others.

so I saw that a modder had re-released the dooms faction mod in 1.4, I took the liberty of asking him if he ever intended to do the same with the other mods, here is his answer

MLIE ; "Ive offered but they were working on reworked versions of their mods. They said they would contact me if their older mods should be updated"

so my question is red horse 1 classic 1.4 still relevant? with us mod put back in 1.4?

otherwise thank you for your work on behalf of the French community

Hello bro, that's correct. I want to update the RH2 mods myself but as stated above, I have bit off more than I can chew so things have taken a long time.

Coalition will not return as it used to be. If it returns, it will look either completely different or not at all, since I plan on using official uniforms instead of the tacticool stuff operators wore in MW2019. Ghosts are definitely coming back, but they're far down the list.

I won't say any more for now, because I want to get what needs to be done out of the way first. I'll leave a few teasers here on what is planned after everything is settled:

I'm gonna prioritise what's happening in real life for me first cause I'm going through a rough patch, but I'm still kicking for these mods and will get them out when I can

HOTFIX:

- Wakizashi incorrect texture being used fixed

- Longbow 1S-1K nerf from 300 damage to 200

HOTFIX 2:

- AKS-74U SD rename to AKS-74UB

HOTFIX 3:

- AK-74U, VSS and Makarov texture white outlines issue fixed
- Forgot to mention in the OG patch note: AK-74, VSS, AK47 and various other textures have been changed.

In the case of AK47, texture has been remade, in the case of others, the safety catch has been switched.

Chicken Plucker

Minor fix today guys, found a small issue in the CM2 update.

Chicken Mitchell 2 - Hairstyles update:

- Killswitch facial hairstyle label fix

Just gonna spitball some stuff in the works here.

Rimmu-Nation 2 Clothing has planned benches to sort through the apparel just like the Weapons mod being updated later.

I did have this that weren't meant to be added:

This is the Killswitch armor. It's obviously a re-colour with much changes of Deathstroke's Arkham Armor, been planning on making an animated series based off this guy since I can't just go around making series about copyright protected characters. Some people said they would like to see it in RN2 Clothing, I'm not sure if its appropriate as a replacement for Hunter Reactive. Anyone's thoughts?

Will leave it out the mod by default if nobody comments. It is a finished armor.

[RH2] Spec Ops the Line

M4A1 Spec Ops

M249 Spec Ops

Steyr Elite

MREs

Been commissioned to update Spec Ops the Line for RH2. Not satisfied with just updating the code, I am remaking it like everything else in RH2. I am getting back in the groove of making my own weapon textures with the quality I had in the prime days of RH2 before most of the work became commissioned from the other guys like TMC and Fiendakko.

I've decided to just make some small progress while making sure I do what needs to be done first. All that's needed now is some outfits, body armor and headgear. Will exclude a lot of the old content from this mod.

I've also decided to add a new MRE just for the scenario of this mod, unsure what to name it yet but I prefer a new MRE with a new name than overwriting the old one. I know people complain about bloat but I like the diversity in modern stuff we see.

Yes, I'm gonna bring back the medical bag and it will be in Spec Ops the Line. Please give me your thoughts on these things if you don't like an extra MRE or the medical bag returning.

See you guys in a bit.

Chicken Plucker

Some fixes for the last RN2 Weapons update guys. Don't miss out, it could blow you away.

Rimmu-Nation 2 - Weapons update:

- RGD-5 Grenades have a new and original explosion sound effect
- RGD-5 Grenades nerfed blast radius, warmup time, cooldown time and damage (50 to 32 and 15 to 12 fragmentation damage)
- RN workbenches have been reoriented for the interaction spot
- RN workbenches no longer in drop down to allow players to pick and choose stuffable materials
- RN LBW Desk now needs slightly more resources to build
- RN HW Desk now needs slightly more resources to build

HOTFIX 9000

- M1014-SD new original suppressed sound effect
- Fixes to M1911 Silverballer using incorrect texture
- Fixes to M1911 Silverballer using incorrect sound

Chicken Plucker

Small updates guys. Obstacle course hasn't killed me despite the added dose of rainy weather. I thank the Lord.

Uncle Boris - Used Furniture update:

- Walls that should be using CornerFiller finally fixed.
Many thanks to WJSabey (Should edit credits later for him just for bringing it up)

Rimmu-Nation 2 - Clothing

- Crye G2 Uniform added legs for cover (Was meant to do that from the start)

Chicken Plucker

CE compatibility patch for the new update bois and gals.

- CE compatibility patch for the new update. Courtesy of Samael
- Removed Recon from credits
- Added Samael in credits

NOTE: You can safely ignore the GasOperation errors, it's just a duplicate .xml tag with CE that will be removed by them later.

Chicken Plucker

- CE patch tweaks, courtesy of Autumn Point Eclipse
- Added Autumn in about.xml

Current plans for MSF by Wednesday:
- Fix sounds
- Code all apparel
- Code all guns
- Fix all ideology related errors
- Fix all traderkind stuff
- Fix faction stuff
- Fix pawnkind stuff

Just putting a backstop here, the mod currently has working clothing and some guns but only with 141 and Rimmu-Weapons enabled, will sort it through soon and post progress

Chicken Plucker

Progress Report:

MSF Rations (New textures, decided to go with MGS 3 ration textures not PW ones.)

Tell me if you hate it or we're keeping it guys, simple as

Maxi Burger textures

We're getting there folks.

To do:

- Fix the faction enlistment system cause it isn't working
- Fix the faction settlement naming system
- Add the stealth pawntypes
- Fix the backstories
- Fix all descriptions
- Potentially add a scenario where you play as MSF
- Code the Maxi food
- Fix the sounds

Massive progress, for one the mod is actually nearing completion

Enlistment needs to get sorted out atm

This line of red errors show up when I attack the base

I gotta say guys, haven't realised its been years, but its good to see the boys and gals in uniform again.

They converged together a few moments later

Close up

Backstory sample, basically made changes to what 141 backstories are.

More to come, will be out by weekend.