Traits! Finally! (Alpha 6)

Started by UrbanBourbon, August 13, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrbanBourbon

Kindly list all your experiences and observations about various functioning traits in here. Also, please mention any particularly beneficial OR nasty traits, or combinations of traits (with related skills) a player should look out for!

Try to keep an eye on raiders' traits as well.

Is there any info on how many functioning traits there are in Alpha 6?

Shinzy

Somehow I remember Tynan would have said in some thread all the non working traits were cut out and only working ones were added back?
I couldn't find the thread so it might have been a dream, who knows

I'll keep my eyes open about the traits though, when I finally get to actually play the game =P

DeltaV

All non-functioning traits are gone. Here's a few of the current ones I know from memory:

Fast walker - slight walking speed increase
Nudist - +10 mood from being naked.
Jogger - bigger walking speed increase
Psychically sensitive (or something like that) - Psychic drone have a much higher effect. Essentially means that this colonist IS going to break in a psychic drone event.
Psychopath - No debuff from anything death-related (Death of stranger, saw corpse, etc), but no benefits from social chats.
Cannibal - Likes eating dead people, relatively obvious.
Iron will - lower mental break point.

I probably missed one or two.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mod3stmouse

A few more I have seen...

Hard Worker: Work Speed +15%
Optimist: "___ is naturally optimistic about life. It's hard to get him/her down."

Hard Worker + Double flames in a category could give you a super fast miner/researcher/grower/etc I bet.

DeltaV

Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Rahjital

You can get a Very Neurotic (+30% work speed) and Industrious (+30% again), which makes high level colonists work ridiculously fast, just make sure they don't lose an arm in a firefight. ;)

Quote from: DeltaV on August 13, 2014, 05:28:30 PM
Still needs more werelizards.

Well, iguanas are there and they can bite you when mad, we are almost there! :D

UrbanBourbon

Fast walker/jogger
You've been just promoted to a hauler. Congrats.

Nudist
Ah! There's no mood booster quite like taking your clothes off after a grisly gunfight. Works better than a stiff drink.

Psychically sensitive
Ancient ship part just crashed? Into the sleep pod you go. Don't make us beat you.

Psychopath
Can the warden affect a psychopath's mood with talking if the psychopath is jailed? I sure as hell hope so.

Cannibal
I suppose there's no way to organize the cannibal to have his own special meals without risking the entire colony eating those same meals? Maybe lock the cannibal away in his own secluded area with the harvest from the last pirate raid? Too much hassle?

Iron will
One bed short? Guess you'll be sleeping on the floor. Do that thing you do and be a tough guy and tough it out like a tough guy. Tomorrow you'll be doing some mining. Expect further scheduled abuse.

Optimist
See 'Iron will'. (are you practically any different?)

Hard worker/Industrious
Welcome! Welcome, good friend! You and I are going to get along very, very well. Now, I need eight turrets here and a dozen housing units over there. Don't forget to smooth out the rock floor in the mines that we've been digging for the past six months. You have two days.

Say... if a colonist has 'iron will' and 'optimist', will he ever break? It sounds like an acceptable challenge.

DeltaV

To answer your question about the psychopath, yes, the 'convinced by warden' modifier does affect them. It's just the 'friendly chats' that don't. So they might get convinced a bit more slowly if they're prisoners.

EDIT: I also found the trait "Sanguine", which gives +15 to happiness all the time. It's basically the upgraded version of "optimist".

HatesYourFace

*Cough cough, Cough cough*

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Traits

*Nudge nudge, Wink wink*

One of you guys should update the Traits page. Do it.

(If you could even just post the name, effect, and in game description here that would be a terrific help as well!)
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

DeltaV

The wiki page has been edited with every trait I could find via 20 minutes of pressing the 'random' button. I still need:

Exact effects for:
- Cannibal
- Bloodlust
- Psychically dull

Description of:
- Psychically dull

Otherwise, I think I got all of them as of now. If anyone would like to better format the page or add in any other traits they've found, feel free.

Damien Hart

I'll finish up the traits page.

longbyte1

I made it into a proper table. You're welcome. :)

Damien Hart

Lol I was halfway through editing.

Good thing we have copy paste!  :P

But cheers lonbyte1.  ;D

I was planning on breaking it up according to trait types, to make it easier to read/edit; I just need to copy the class + headings and enclose with {} right?

Dibblah

I can confirm that Bloodlust is a positive bonus of +8 happiness on seeing a stranger / enemy die, cannot however confirm if it goes for allies aswell.

Damien Hart

Strangers only. I must say, Delta V did well, out of all the traits, only 2 weren't already on the list.