Ambush events dont generate map, autoresolve to victory

Started by Imnotanumbrellastand, October 31, 2020, 10:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imnotanumbrellastand

Problem as per title. ambush symbol appears and another empty caravan is generated but real caravan moves on without interruption. I beleive this is the relevant error message:

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Planet.CaravansBattlefield.PostMapGenerate () [0x0000c] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.MapGenerator.Verse.MapGenerator.GenerateMap_Patch0(Verse.IntVec3,RimWorld.Planet.MapParent,Verse.MapGeneratorDef,System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.GenStepWithParams>,System.Action`1<Verse.Map>)
  at Verse.GetOrGenerateMapUtility.GetOrGenerateMap (System.Int32 tile, Verse.IntVec3 size, RimWorld.WorldObjectDef suggestedMapParentDef) [0x0006c] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.CaravanIncidentUtility.GetOrGenerateMapForIncident (RimWorld.Planet.Caravan caravan, Verse.IntVec3 size, RimWorld.WorldObjectDef suggestedMapParentDef) [0x00012] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.CaravanIncidentUtility.SetupCaravanAttackMap (RimWorld.Planet.Caravan caravan, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] enemies, System.Boolean sendLetterIfRelatedPawns) [0x0001d] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Ambush.RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Ambush.DoExecute_Patch0(RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Ambush,RimWorld.IncidentParms,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>,Verse.IntVec3)
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Ambush+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<TryExecuteWorker>b__0 () [0x00000] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x0001d] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1(Root)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Imnotanumbrellastand

Imnotanumbrellastand

Mod if you see this can you move this to mod bugs please?
I meant to post there.
sorry

Canute

Hi,
i don't think anyone can help you much.
The error don't contain any hint about a mod. At the error the phrase with patch don't give any consensus with the patches at the log either.
You only can see that it is about the caravan attack map.

If you want to investigate, enable the dev mode, use quickstart feature to create a new colony.
Form a caravan, once you got the caravan use the debug action do incident caravan and check if the problem happen there too.
When you got the problem, you just need to disable mods and try it again until you find the mod.
Very time consuming methode, you can try it with a second running rimworld instance, while you play at the other.

Kopp

Hello,
While having the same problem I stumbled across this thread.
It seems like the mod causing this error is "Advanced Biomes (Continued)".
I reported the error to the mod author (Mlie).

Edit:
Since Mlie said he cant reproduce the error but it happens every time I try it with only "Advanced Biomes (Continued)" loaded I wanted to ask if someone else could test it.
Generate a new world. Spawn a caravan. Force the ambush event.
Maybe it is a problem on my side. But I verified my game files, unsubscribed/resubscribed, tried older versions of the mod. So I have no idea what should be wrong on my side.
Thanks in advance!