How do I know what froze my game?

Started by Doctrine, February 25, 2021, 06:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctrine

I'm playing with hundreds of mods (it takes about 5-10 minutes to boot the game). At certain points of my game, the game just freezes, indefinitely (I think, I let it be for an hour and it still didn't respond), and it won't even crash. As a result I don't think the game generates a crash log, and I think the player.log didn't catch what froze my game either. Is there another way to know what f'ed my game?

Canute

Hi,
rimworld allways create a new logfile each start, just take a look at the player.log
You can open it with any text editor.
At the end maybe you can see some hint's. But mosttimes the error's arn't clear to identify a mod from the issue.
But basicly there isn't much you can do to fix such problems. If you can identify a mod, you can report it to the author maybe he can made an update.
You can disable the mod, but mosttimes that isn't possible since it add stuff to the game.
The best are, you be sure not to have error's after mod activation/rimworld start at the log and avoid mod's that give you errors.
But even with no error's you never have a 100% garantee that no problems happen later during gameplay.