Total RANDOM start

Started by unterart, February 28, 2021, 06:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unterart

Hello! Please add something like "Quick start" with absolutely random set of colonists, difficulty settings and place.
You just pressing one button from main menu and... "You woken up from cryptosleep..."

PS: And yes, the game is amazing! )

Run And Hide Gamer

We have that already don't we....... start-up Rimworld and accept whatever location and characters Rimword gives us. You can even create a scenario where it will startup with the words   "You woken up from crypto sleep..."  or whatever you want it to say.

m1st4x

I agree, although it's not a thing everyone needs to have... it's still missing!

Hilvon1984

Honestly, I am not sure anybody really needs this action.

If you are new to the game, you definitely don't need it. You want to select a mild climate area, and make sure your starting colonists are not terrible.
If you are experienced, you might want to skip the colonist preparation phase and accept whoever the game generates, but you can do it with a press of a button anyway. And for the biome, you would probably want to select something specific to challenge you. Like and ice sheet, desert or dense mountain where you just can't help but build your base into a bug-bait.
Unlike colonist generation, leaving location selection to chance goes not equate challenge. And you wouldn't save a lot of game preparation time by not having this screen.

Canute

For testing i use the hugslib feature quickstart, 1 click to generate a random colony. Only withdraw are it is only the smalles world.

m1st4x

Thank you Canute for pointing me to that feature!