Need help with my Foliage mod

Started by toxicToxophilite, March 03, 2021, 12:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicToxophilite

Current Problem:

• Patching Alpha Biomes and Biomes! Islands plants to grow in the biomes I set them to, additionally some biomes aren't using the wild plant settings I've patched in.

Mod Links:

• First things first, a link to my mod can be found on Dropbox! The steam workshop link can be found here!

More Info:

• I've been working on taking apart mods for months to get this far, and I still barely understand XML.

• I don't understand the wiki tutorials at all, I need working examples. IE, an example that actually functions out of the box that I can just change the values for per plant.

• I've individually made each def (And consequently, will do that with the patches) to make it easier on myself to locate individual plants for quick bugfixes. I don't know if this affects the size of the mod or how well it runs.

• Since I don't want to take months to finish this mod, I'm looking for someone to take a hands-on approach to teaching me, I don't want someone to do the work for me. I don't need a classroom, I just want someone willing to answer questions as I have them without pawning me off to a wiki tutorial.

• I've had various problems with this mod so I want to re-use the same thread, so the current problem will be kept up to date with the latest post detailing it. I'll also do one problem at a time because I feel that's the best way for progress.

• I'm autistic so I don't know how to manage my text tone and/or understand certain things until it's presented a certain way, so I apologize in advance, I'm doing my best. ;u;

toxicToxophilite

Updated the problem, I've figured patches out.

RawCode

make physical (real live, not digital) paper, divide it by two, in first write down what you want, in second,what you got, one "feature" at time, this helps, alot.

if some mod does not "obey" your xml injections, make sure that it actually use xml by changing mod's file directly (this is workaround since you are not using code and suggesting to check implementation wont do)

and please do not spam same image inside mod's description again and again ever if you like that image, it just feels like "oh damned banners i need to turn adblock on"