Monument Design Adjustment?

Started by StlyAu, March 04, 2021, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlyAu

Came across this monument from the quest shown in the image attachment. Without marking one of the outer walls as "Forbid" until the end of construction, there's the chance the pawns can't complete it without deconstructing something again depending on the materials you use/have available at any point of construction or how you assign materials to be used. Just wondered if it might have been a minor oversight.

Thanks for the enjoyment from the game.

Canute

Hi,
yeah normaly the monuments got at last 1-2 doors.
Do you use mod's maybe and when you play without do you still got a safegame, then made a topic at the Bugs section. I think the devs would like to take a look at these.

StlyAu

No mods, playing just Vanilla 1.2.2900 and Royalty DLC. The only two doors on this monument are on the interior on the left side of the monument image, between two wall segments where the pawn is near. I just didn't decide what materials to make them out of when I screenshot the image for this post.

Alenerel

id count this as a bug... but in any case the mission shouldnt fail. the monument doesnt count as failed until you complete it... so you could literally build it all except 1 tile, deconstruct it all, then build it all again, and it wouldnt fail.

Hilvon1984

This is amusing, but not a critical issue IMO.
I tend to forbid one of the outer wall during construction anyway, so pawns don't try to roof over the monument (slowing down interior construction based on darkness debuff) before it is almost ready.

And after all maybe this is just the way the person who wants the monument sees it.

Pheanox

Ran across this with some internal testing recently also, a bug reports been submitted.  Thanks for bringing it up though!

StlyAu

I never said it was a critical issue, just one that needed some special attention to details by the player when building. I knew the quest doesn't fail until the "build time" has elapsed or starts it "protection" timer, that wasn't the issue. It was just a rare thing I came across while playing. Glad it's been found either way.

Canute

It is a minor critical error.
Sure at the build phase you can manage it so anything could build.
But at the protection phase, you can't enter the interior and you are unable to repair it (from mortar attacks).
These 2 doors you got, are wrong placed.
Since the blueprint's are random generated, these function need to be adjusted.

StlyAu

I had another monument today that kinda falls into this same topic. The doors were on the outside wall, but there was an inner 21 tile wall (like the deep drill coverage area) that also had tiled floor inside it that would have been inaccessible after building.