Mod Request: Insect's Not edible

Started by rawrfisher, March 08, 2021, 03:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

I'm quite tired of my colonists going after insect jelly and getting jumped while I'm either offscreen or just not watching every one of them like a hawk. I've had several instances where a pawn was killed over the jelly when I didn't even know there was a hive on the map.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Canute

You don't even need a mod.
Just disable jelly at the food policy.
But that don't prevent your hauler's to haul that stuff.
You need to disable jelly from all stockpile's too.

Alenerel

afaik insect jelly is always forbidden when it drops from the hives

rawrfisher

Initially yes however for me the insects always unforbid it when they eat it.  Canute's suggestion does work but its just another in a long list of things I gotta remember to do at the start of every colony.
Professional jerk

Canute

Let me guess, you use "unforbid all" to unforbid the things after a raid or just when you start.
But that unforbid the jelly too, which let your pawn's head to it to die err eat it.
A mod which would add a lock/exclude to an item/stack that it don't get unforbid/forbid when you use the unforbid/allow all commands.
Maybe that would a nice addition for Allow tool mod.

rawrfisher

I never considered that since I avoid maps where insect hives spawn naturally like they are the bubonic pluage but I somtimes just sit and watch insects while my pawns do their thing.  I've noticed on several occasions that when the insects eat some forbidden jelly it unforbids the jelly.  When I catch it I forbid it again but if it happens while I'm not paying attention or away thats when the problems start
Professional jerk

willywonkasrevenge

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but can't you set your food policies to not use insect jelly and make sure all of your storage zones and kitchens exclude it too? Then your colonists won't have a reason to fetch the jelly.