RMC, rate my colony

Started by Bigdestyn, March 09, 2021, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdestyn

Making this AGAIN, since you guy's didnt respond.
Picture posted is my base.

Thatguy69

Alenerel

idk man, it seems like a newbie base, and also you dont seem to care about looking good...

for reference, see mine
https://imgur.com/a/leFjAL3

Bigdestyn

oh fuck off, its not my fault the location i landed in is a shitty spot with autogen.

Canute

Yep, but what you made out of it is your fault.
The map is bigger then just that spot, you could have build your "fortress" at some other area.
Basicly my base look mosttime the same, doesn't matter what biome or if it is a mountain base. And btw. i mosttime build at the map border not at the center.

ReZpawner

Harsh critique. Tbh, if you like your own base, that's the important thing.

Muramas

Yeah, you are prob just wasting a lot of time mining out a mountain to make it hollow to live in. Just use wood/stone and setup a stone wall around it. If you really care about being super defended, find a large mountain to live in and have it totally covered with mountains around a pocket.

Bigdestyn

i never wasted time mining, even then i profited off of hidden jade deposits in that area, and one of my colonists had a high art level.
Now, i just lack space and need to clear marsh. most of the middle of the map has poor cover and is marsh.

Nyum

I'd recommend putting a wall between the butcher table and the cook stove.  butchering makes a big mess and you get food poisoning from a dirty kitchen.   I always keep mine in separate, tiled rooms.