Instant Retreat

Started by Discount Duo, March 12, 2021, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discount Duo

something is causing all enemies and allies to instantly retreat and isn't allowing mechanoids to spawn. I don't know what is causing it to happen. I cant get caravans, raids or mechanoid drops and when I raid a settlement all the enemies instantly leave.
(reposting it here as I sent it to the wrong channel)

Canute

Hi,
both subforum's got a sticky you have should read.
Maybe provide some more informations.

Discount Duo

where is said sticky? i am still trying to learn where everything is

Canute

Sticky or Pinned.
That are important topics you see allways on top.
In this case "How to report a bug", which explain what is needed and where you can find it.

Important are here:
- do you use mods (then it is mosttime a mod issue) ?
- do you have error(s) at the log ? Then post the logfile.

Discount Duo

Yes i use a lot of mods but i don't know which one is causing it. i could check the error log to see if there is something there but i don't understand anything the errorlog says

Canute

Be sure you don't have error after Rimworld startup/mod activation before you start a colony.
When a mod throw out error's it don't work correct anyway.

But that enemies flee/retreat is a very uncommon thing. Mosttimes enemies do nothing when error's cripple them.
I could think it could be a mod effect (but i never read about it) and when it even happen when you raid a settlement it isn't intended i would say (except you have some super-vampire with a super fear aura that scare an enemy).

Mosttimes the error's don't give a hint about the problem. But when you see a modname or an ability from a mod you can disable that mod and check. But many mod's arn't safe to disable at an ongoing colony.
That is why you need to life with minor problem's at your gameplay.

Install hugslib if you arn't using it.
Enable developer mode at the option.
Top right icon Shift-left click to quickstart a test colony.
Top icon "Debug action menu", "Do incident (map)", Enemy raid.
When these raid retreat too, you just need to disable mod's and check again if the problem happen.
Until you found the mod.

Discount Duo

this is the log that comes up when I initialize the game. I don't understand it

Discount Duo

this is another log that comes up

Discount Duo

this is what comes up when i boot up my colony

Pheanox

I am moving this topic to the mod bugs sub forum, which can hopefully get you some better support.