[1.2.2900] Exotic Trader only sells Jump Packs Techprint

Started by gbcat, March 13, 2021, 11:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbcat

No other kinds of techprint was sold by Exotic Trader. Only techprint (Jump Packs).
I tested with Core + Royalty only and confirmed that it was a vanilla bug.

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report.  I attempted to reproduce this, and the first exotic goods trader I came across sold "Artificial Metabolism, healing factors, and jump packs" tech prints.  Please upload a vanilla save of this occuring if you can, if not I am going to have to assume it is a bug from a mod.

Alenerel

I have to say that the jump pack techprint is the one i get the most in most traders, so maybe he was unlucky and received it a lot. I just buy it so i dont get it again

gbcat

Quote from: Pheanox on May 14, 2021, 09:44:50 AM
Thanks for the bug report.  I attempted to reproduce this, and the first exotic goods trader I came across sold "Artificial Metabolism, healing factors, and jump packs" tech prints.  Please upload a vanilla save of this occuring if you can, if not I am going to have to assume it is a bug from a mod.

Here it is. http://www.miyuri.icu/files/NewArrivals1.rar
I casted 10 traders, and among them 3 are Exotic. All of them only sell Jump Pack Techprint.

gbcat

Quote from: Alenerel on May 14, 2021, 10:39:59 AM
I have to say that the jump pack techprint is the one i get the most in most traders, so maybe he was unlucky and received it a lot. I just buy it so i dont get it again

I don't think the Techprint selling list should be affected by what you've purchased or applied. It is not funny at all.

Canute

Quote from: Pheanox on May 14, 2021, 09:44:50 AM
Pheanor, did you checked Orbital trader or trader caravans ?
Since you got 3 techprint's i think you did orbital trader, since you got 3 techprints. Trader caravan's don't got that many normaly.

I can't say if that is intended.
Since Rimworld check what tech you allready know the trader will allways offer something new (similar when quest rewards get generated).
Not sure if you got unlucky (i am too lazy to generate enough exotic caravan to proof it), a bug or intended.

Pheanox

You are correct, I checked the orbital traders.  I do see that the visiting trader caravans have a heavy weight on Jump Packs.

As for the comment on TechPrint selling being affected by what you've already purchased or applied, that is by design and a deliberate mechanic. 

I'll put down a bug report though on the over-emphasis on jump packs.