Obtaining Neuroformers in 1.2, non-vassal colony

Started by overzelus, March 14, 2021, 03:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overzelus

Does any know how non-vassal colonies can obtain neuroformers in 1.2?

In my case, I accepted the Deserter, and acquired two from that quest.
One more was offered as a quest reward the first time the Empire offered a job.

380 days later, I've yet to see another one despite doing enough quests to get to Allied-100% status.

Is this expected? Shouldn't I be seeing them in quest reward options?

Canute

Yes.
You gain them only from quests from the rebel's and they are rare.
Not sure but maybe they got sold at their settlements (never tested it myself).

IMO, tribes with the anima tree can have the most psycaster.

overzelus

I'm guessing you have to remain hostile to the empire to receive quests from the rebels? I don't see them as a regular faction...
Any idea what quest type it is in the dev menu?

Alenerel

While im allied and being count I also got quests with neuroformers as rewards, but they are very rare, like 2-3 per playthrough. Maybe turning off goodwill and honor in the rewards will increase the chances of getting material stuff

Another way that used to work is to steal neuroformers from the first dude that comes to do the ceremony, but idk if it still works

Barley

Might be worth recruiting a tribal just to have a shamen dude around as they can level up a theoretically infinite number of times. But your existing spacers are just kinda hosed.

Canute

I don't think that would work as you think.
You can't level up a tribal beyond lvl 6. And the tribal need an anima tree to level up.
Since you didn't start as tribal you won't have an anima tree on your map.
But yes when you play a tribe you might have much more psycast then as empire/rebel when you let all pawn's meditate 1-2 hours/day to increase the grass.

ShadowTani

Quote from: Canute on March 23, 2021, 11:29:06 AM
Since you didn't start as tribal you won't have an anima tree on your map.
You might have a mod that disables that for non-tribals then. I always have an Anima Tree on my map and I prefer to not play as tribals, on the larger experimental maps there's even two of them. I generally also play vanilla, so I know that it's not the reverse (e.g. a mod that enables it for non-tribals).