flaw in roofing system

Started by Mattk50, November 06, 2013, 12:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattk50

was digging around to expand my base, and uncovered this new area, marked by the grass and solar pannel in the screenshot.

As you can see, when i placed a door further up in the caves, it put roofing over the ENTIRE thing except the center, ruining my plans for a solar panel system. Perhaps roofing should be tied in to flooring or something, anything that actually lets you decide what gets roofed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16970274/Screenshots/RimWorld250Win%202013-11-06%2000-47-56-79.png

AHoff

Yeah... similar stuff happened to me too.

Muxsey

Hey Matt,

Tynan has mentioned that he will be re working the roofing system in future builds, so hold tight. I know how you feel as I've done exactly the same myself, ruining an entire solar array.

Mattk50

Quote from: Muxsey on November 06, 2013, 04:46:18 PM
Hey Matt,

Tynan has mentioned that he will be re working the roofing system in future builds, so hold tight. I know how you feel as I've done exactly the same myself, ruining an entire solar array.

Awesome, thanks. The workaround i used for now was to reload a slightly earlier save then dig a tunnel around to the back to the open interior of my base. This prevented it from being roofed over and allowed me to build my solar arrays there just fine.

Semmy

Roofing will chance.
In the future you decide wheter to roof or not.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke