Deep Jungle/Dinosaurs Mod Suggestions?

Started by jagreener07, March 25, 2021, 09:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagreener07

There is a certain scenario which I've been itching to play, but I've been having issues finding the right mods to get it to work.

I'd like to do a playthrough of Rimworld that takes place in a dense jungle with dinosaurs. I'm looking for the best dinosaur mod(s), and mods which will make the jungle feel dense and impenetrable if they exist, as well as mods which make visibility much more important (I'd like it to feel like clearing the jungle is vital for both space and protection). Something that made animals more hostile to invaders would be nice to if it exists, I like the idea of invaders having to fight the wildlife as they attempt to lay siege.

Anyone have any modlist suggestions? I'd be greatly appreciative!

Canute

Hi,
for dense jungle try to search for
Tropi or Tropical.
Special the flora from Tropi[CKAPP] Rainforest Mod is very aggresiv that you will have a hard time to clear your growing zones. But the biome offer many fruits.

And for Dino's search for Dinosauria.

jagreener07

Ah, Tropi does look pretty good. Do you guys tend to combine multiple dinosaur mods, or does one usually provide enough?

I thought I saw the first episode of a playthrough on Youtube that ran a modlist similar to this, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm especially interested in finding a fog of war like mod that conceals dark areas, making nighttime scarier, and preferably would be effected by tree shade, I believe something like this once existed, but do to my long hiatus from the game, I again can't find it.

Canute

There is only one dino mod for 1.2.
A jurassic mod is for 1.1 and could work at 1.2 too.

A fog of war
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2267281712
Realistic Darkness
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1531882210

Or maybe try to play ARK and let you eat from some raptor's at night ! :-)

jagreener07

Ah I see, I guess I didn't realize how new 1.2 was. Realistic Darkness looks awesome! Anyone know whether tree coverage affects light? I couldn't find anything on the workshop page indicating that it did (not terrible if it isn't, just curious).

Ah yes, Ark, I remember when that game was just a survival game where you could tame and ride dinosaurs, feels like it's changed so much... but that's a whole nother topic ;)