Mechanoid Clusters Should not rush base when attacked by an outside force.

Started by Freezer, March 25, 2021, 09:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freezer

So, title.

A mechanoid cluster spawned in my world. ive been ignoring them and preparing mortars to soften them up.

Out of nowhere like 40 manhunter cows enter the map and start attacking the mechanoids. They all get slaughtered and now for some reason the mechanoids are mad at ME for that. They rush my base and give me a bad time because some COWS attacked them.

TLDR: Mechanoids should only attack the colony if provoked by colonists or owned animals.

Canute

Mechanoid think all things that arn't mechanoid belong to you.
That mean any manhunter animal is basicly send by you.

Could it happen that serveral of the cluster structures are destroyed ? That is mosttime the reason for the mechanoids to assault, similar to a siege when their mortar's are destroyed.

Freezer

Right yeah i get why they attack. the thing is that its pretty stupid and also unfair. Mechanoids can largely be left alone if you dont want to fight them. As they are a super advanced technological race, they should be able to differentiate between an attack from my colony and an outside force.

If i start mortaring the shit out of them they should rush me, but if some random cows decide to roll up, they should kill the cows and do nothing afterwards. It doesn't make any sense the way it is.