***SOLVED***Some mod settings still persist despite clean install...

Started by ConcordCorgi, April 13, 2021, 02:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcordCorgi

UPDATE - After a bit more digging I solved my problem but in case anybody else runs into something like this.

The locations described in this post (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0) are a bit off for some reason.  Probably just macOS doing it's thing...

The locations I found were -
/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/ludeon.rimworld (empty folder)
and
/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/RimWorld

This folder doesn't exist -
Users/[username]/library/Caches/RimWorld/Config

You'll have to purge the /Library/Application Support/ & /Cache Steam folders either outright (like I did) or selectively by SteamID.

Hope this helps at least someone.
CC

I couldn't find anything really relating to my problem in the forums or maybe I'm wording it incorrectly so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place.

macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
Had Steam version of RW installed on it and ran fine.
While sorting my mod list I decided I didn't want to lose yet another colony due to updates breaking so I bought the stand-alone.
Uninstalled the Steam version and later Steam itself (since it runs like @*% on mac).
But now with the stand-alone version I'm getting the debug popup when starting a new colony.
Full disclosure - I have not installed any mods into this installation and nothing is in the RW.app mods folder.
Pic attached but the TL;DR non-full-debug version reads -

Loaded file (Scenario) is from version 1.0.2231 rev1144, we are running version 1.2.2905 rev690.
Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Gun_BerettaM9_rt
Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named sd_adv_powergen_nuclear_power_plant
Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Apparel_BjornH
Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Apparel_Bjorn
Some ScenParts had null defs.
Loaded file (Scenario) is from version 0.17.1557 rev1153, we are running version 1.2.2905 rev690.

I'm pretty sure posting the full debug log is frowned upon.  Let me know if you need it.

While searching on this I did find a few references to purging/deleting various caches.
Doing these had no effect.

I'm certain it's something leftover from Steam but I'm having zero results.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
(ETA - Structure and clarity)

Canute

Hi,
just a question.
The windows version got a button at the option "Open save data folder" and "Open log file folder" does the mac version got similar buttons ?
When yes, it would be show you the locations of the config and scenario's.

ConcordCorgi

@Canute - Yes they are but I wasn't aware of those at the time <insert Chris Pratt 'Afraid to ask' meme here>.   :-[
I was just trying one search result after another before I came here.
I'm no Mac geek by far and stumble a lot making my way through it.