Incapable of ...

Started by Amaror, August 14, 2014, 03:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaror

I know the incapable of ... system has been in place since the very beginning of the game, but i don't think it really makes much sense anymore. We allready have the passion system in place and people are not just completely incapable to do something just because they don't want to. They will suck at it, as is garanteed by the passion system, but they should be able to do it.
I say this, because as new gameplay system get added there are more and more jobs for your colonists do to, but their ability to do them doesn't increase. We now have jobs like cooking which pretty much have to be done all the time and the medical jobs also take a fair amount of time.
This is getting more and more like dwarf fortress which isn't a bad thing, but there is a definite difference in games were you can have more than 200 dwarfs and a game were you can have about 12 colonists in normal mode.
This is why i think we need to get rid of the incapable of ... system. If there's supposed to be a chance to do all these different jobs we can't have such a high chance that the colonist we capture can be completely and utterly useless.

UrbanBourbon

I suppose I agree. Incapable (or unwilling) to do something should be a little less frequent phenomenon. Maybe instead induce a hefty mood penalty if a colonist is ordered to do something he hates? And a slight mood bonus if a colonist is ordered to do something he has a passion for?

Serrate Bloodrage

I have to agree all round. Penalties for doing unsavoury tasks seems more logical. Sometimes it will even push them over the edge!
Add: Even a time/outcome penalty in addition to mood loss (stacking?)

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D