How to have 2 different copies of rimworld on the same pc

Started by Kaiser09, May 11, 2021, 03:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser09

Hi, how do I setup two different copies of the game without messing up with the mods?

I currently have the first copy with the multiplayer mod, playing with a friend.

Then I installed another copy on a different folder for a single player only, but when I launch the game, It seems Im running the first version with the multy mod, I guess because the appdata folder is common for both.
I could save different mod configuration, but this will take time everytime to load and change.

How can I solve it?

Canute

You are right at default any Rimworld use the same savedata folder, in windows case the appdata....
At the Readme.txt you can read how to change the saveddata location.

Kaiser09

I still do not get it, should the path looks like that?  "C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64.exe -appdatasingle=C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld"

Should I have a folder called "appdatasingle" inside C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld ?

Canute

When a path got space inside you need to put that path into "".
Try
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64.exe" -appdatasingle="C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld"

Another question, what is -appdatasingle ?
I don't found an entry about that at the readme.txt, maybe you looked at the wrong readme.txt.
use -savedatafolder
So the correct entry would be
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64.exe" -savedatafolder="C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld"

Kaiser09

Quote from: Canute on May 12, 2021, 02:10:55 PM
When a path got space inside you need to put that path into "".
Try
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64.exe" -appdatasingle="C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld"

Another question, what is -appdatasingle ?
I don't found an entry about that at the readme.txt, maybe you looked at the wrong readme.txt.
use -savedatafolder
So the correct entry would be
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld\RimWorldWin64.exe" -savedatafolder="C:\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld"

Ok, I thought -savedatafolder was an example name to give to the folder where to store the game's saves, so I gave it appdatasingle as name.

It works now! Thank you