[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

arigon2001

Definitely a must have mod with the latest experience! The only "hang up" I'm having is trying to figure out how to get sand to make glass?  :-[
I already have the glass station up and powered with everything set. I even have my colony in a desert so there's sand literally all around me lol. Just not sure what I'm doing wrong at the moment. Any ideas?

Cheers!

theubie

You make sand at the stoneworking bench or later on with the power workstation.

Gabriel_Braun

I'm very impressed, good work dude!  This mod adds a really interesting survival feeling to the game and isn't as antsy as the minami tech tree, it really feels like progression :)

As a side note is there any chance you can add missiles and shells to the final tier crafting recipes?

Finally a bug report;  The wooden fences both construct roofs and block light, I assume this is unintended? :)

doffen

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on August 15, 2014, 09:01:45 AM

Finally a bug report;  The wooden fences both construct roofs and block light, I assume this is unintended? :)

This is prolly because its a wall-type, just set it to no-roof zone

Gabriel_Braun

Yeah but a longer term answer would be setting the blockslight to false,  createsroof to false and the height to waist level :)

Abrexus

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on August 15, 2014, 10:15:43 AM
Yeah but a longer term answer would be setting the blockslight to false,  createsroof to false and the height to waist level :)

Great suggestion!  I'll add that in the next build.

Abrexus

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on August 15, 2014, 09:01:45 AM
I'm very impressed, good work dude!  This mod adds a really interesting survival feeling to the game and isn't as antsy as the minami tech tree, it really feels like progression :)

As a side note is there any chance you can add missiles and shells to the final tier crafting recipes?

Thanks for the kind words.  I do plan on adding those items to the recipes, but that most likely wont be until version 2.  I plan on focusing on new armor and weapon items to add to that update, some of which may make use of the shells and missiles!

macrosblackd

Did you have any plans on adding deer to the butcher recipe list so we can get hides from them? I've added it manually in my local copy, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that each time I download a new version.

LuciferNZ

Also, not sure if you're aware, but the changes to the butchering table makes the Animal skin rug mod incompatible.

Abrexus

Quote from: macrosblackd on August 15, 2014, 11:20:36 AM
Did you have any plans on adding deer to the butcher recipe list so we can get hides from them? I've added it manually in my local copy, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that each time I download a new version.

Thanks for reminding me.  I reordered the list, so it makes more sense, and added the deer, but removed the squirrel and boomrat.  You can still butcher them for meat, but not hides.  I also increased the amount of hides harvested by a small amount.

Gabriel_Braun

Okay so been playing some more and noticed a few other little bugs you might want to look at:

1) Nutrient paste/Replicator gives mood debuff even after research.
2) Furnace does not produce light like the vanilla version.
3) Blast door UI icon states 150 health which is incorrect.
4) Glassworks states it is used for basic weapon manufacturing but does not have such a bill.
5) Lit metal wall still not producing light

Heh, you can tell there's a new alpha out when the game testers move on to testing mods :D
Keep up the good work dude, it's been a blast so far

scyther

I don't know if this is just me missing something or if it just hasn't been implemented yet:

1. I can't get any hides from butchered creatures. I thought it was a random drop, but my simple food prep table says it doesn't get hides. Am I missing something?

2. I can't make armoured vests from the crafting table (It's all cued up, my colonists just won't do it. I've got all the supplies...).

3. I can't make apparel from the tailor crafting table either (Again, all cued up, supplies are all there, just no output).

Great mod! I've sunk MAAANY hours into this one! Thanks

Stoner

Quote from: scyther on August 15, 2014, 03:25:19 PM
I don't know if this is just me missing something or if it just hasn't been implemented yet:

1. I can't get any hides from butchered creatures. I thought it was a random drop, but my simple food prep table says it doesn't get hides. Am I missing something?

2. I can't make armoured vests from the crafting table (It's all cued up, my colonists just won't do it. I've got all the supplies...).

3. I can't make apparel from the tailor crafting table either (Again, all cued up, supplies are all there, just no output).

Great mod! I've sunk MAAANY hours into this one! Thanks

1. He has not put them back into the game yet. Check page 1 of this forum post to see the 1.05 changelog.

2. You also need to make sure you have the proper crafting lvl to craft the vest.

3. Same thing. Must have a certin crafting lvl per item on crafting tables. Make sure its connected to the power grid.

If you have the required lvls make sure you have them on and power goes where needed, it may honestly just a be a break in the code and you can just simply save and reload the game and that may fix it or it will require another patch.
Nub coder. I can only help so much, Google is the master.

sorenson

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 14, 2014, 11:14:56 PM
      <ingredients>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>RawAgave</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>1</count>
         </li>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <categories>
                  <li>Manufactured</li>
               </categories>
            </filter>
            <count>1</count>
         </li>
      </ingredients>
Is manufactured supposed to be in the ingredients list ?

Yea just tested, removed manufactured from the list, and now it works.

I can't get this to work even with removing it. I've tried variations like just deleting the word, deleting the categories, the filter, etc. Nothing seems to be fixing it for me. Can you post exactly what you have in your file? (I assume we're talking about Recipes_Production.xml? )

Jerethi50

the latest version should already be fixed, just redownload it. I suggest deleting the old version of the mod first.