[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

Patrykbono20

How do you craft Cloth Bolt, needs to make better beds, dont havent any craft table for this

MrWashingToad

For the cloth bolt, you need to farm cotton, then use the loom to make cloth bolts
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

MrWashingToad

Quote from: TheGrover on September 06, 2014, 02:31:35 AM
How do you guys set up your first three colonists? Im finding it a massive struggle to get set up, i usually dont have any structures within the first week due to a lack of processed resources :(

I usually require a crafter of skill 8 or more, with at least a little passion for it. I also make sure to have a good researcher and builder. I try and not have any of the psychically challenged ones if I can help it, unless my namesake is a colonist, then I take that one as is. A decent medic is helpful, as well as constructing and growing.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

CounterFact

How do you guys set up your first three colonists? Im finding it a massive struggle to get set up, i usually dont have any structures within the first week due to a lack of processed resources :(

Try patching up some ruins to get set up quickly, best near some soil. Also, consider building log structures if trees are plenty or mine into the mountain to get some rooms.

Abrexus

Here's my starting area....I like to make use of any natural areas I can use to limit the amount of walls I have to build.

This is after a bit of playtime (2 zombie raids and two tribesman raids)

Patrykbono20

Quote from: Tasher on September 06, 2014, 09:32:35 AM
For the cloth bolt, you need to farm cotton, then use the loom to make cloth bolts

which research give a loom ?
I have all resarch from construction/crafting/agriculture,

Cr0ss0vr

Quote from: patrykbono20 on September 06, 2014, 03:53:29 PM

which research give a loom ?
I have all resarch from construction/crafting/agriculture,

i believe its in Crafting I: Learn the basics of crafting useful materials from this harsh environment.  Unlocks the ability to grow cotton, and craft it into useful cloth.
Done by using a growing zone set to cloth

Patrykbono20

from Crafting I get only Sewing Table, where are only appreal, dont have a recipe for cloth.

Have Apparello mod, latest version, download latest version of Superior Crafting, this both dont work correct ?

Abrexus

Quote from: patrykbono20 on September 07, 2014, 02:11:54 AM
from Crafting I get only Sewing Table, where are only appreal, dont have a recipe for cloth.

Have Apparello mod, latest version, download latest version of Superior Crafting, this both dont work correct ?

There may be a mod conflict between the two.  The loom unlocks with crafting I - we are working on an apparello integration that should be released Tuesday.  That will give you everything in one mod (Thanks to Shinzy's kind support)

MelanisticAlbino

I love this mod! Been using it together with Project Armory+Realistic Weapons.

I have noticed a massive bug though and I believe it could be caused by this mod. When a large number of hostiles attack my base, it lags like hell. It drops to 1 FPS sometimes, and all the hostiles only focus on destroying my CRAM shield, but immediately when the CRAM shields get destroyed the game is super smooth again. Could it be that because the CRAM has such a high priority that it somehow messed up the game? All I know is that this doesn't happen if I don't have any shields.

Edit: It appears that it might not solely be the CRAM but also blast doors causing this. I'll have to keep testing.

Besides that, I love it.

Oh, and also, something like barbed wire and trenches!!! :)

Abrexus

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on September 07, 2014, 08:37:14 AM
I love this mod! Been using it together with Project Armory+Realistic Weapons.

I have noticed a massive bug though and I believe it could be caused by this mod. When a large number of hostiles attack my base, it lags like hell. It drops to 1 FPS sometimes, and all the hostiles only focus on destroying my CRAM shield, but immediately when the CRAM shields get destroyed the game is super smooth again. Could it be that because the CRAM has such a high priority that it somehow messed up the game? All I know is that this doesn't happen if I don't have any shields.

Edit: It appears that it might not solely be the CRAM but also blast doors causing this. I'll have to keep testing.

Besides that, I love it.

Oh, and also, something like barbed wire and trenches!!! :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it!  The blast doors shouldn't be a problem as they are simply a standard door with a different texture and health.  The shields however could be.  That is actually Jaxxa's shield mod he kindly allowed me to integrate, and unfortunately the code is all his.  You may want to post in his thread and see if there is a known issue and I'll look as well.  If there's an update to his shields, I'll include it in the next update.

TheGrover

Just been playing with the mod, and it seems that the doors dont have built in power conduits like the vanilla doors do. is this intentional?

for those wanting to add them to make power distribution a little simpler, just add the following code into the def of the object. just go to [Rimworld Base]\Mods\Superior Crafting\Defs\Thingdefs\Buildings_Structure.xml and the doors should be the first few objects (you will see <label>Log Door</label>  for example)

<comps>
<li>
<compClass>CompPowerTransmitter</compClass>
<transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower>
</li>
</comps>

my last colony managed to survive much longer than the rest, ending as i missed a few key crafters going to gather resources... out through the "Death Tunnel" (designed to make most raiders go insane before they reach the killbox), whilst my colony was under siege and raiders were climbing through to gather my sand for their defences... the lack of a colony alarm or "Stay the F**k inside" button was my downfall :"

Patrykbono20

Quote from: Abrexus on September 07, 2014, 08:24:30 AM

There may be a mod conflict between the two.  The loom unlocks with crafting I - we are working on an apparello integration that should be released Tuesday.  That will give you everything in one mod (Thanks to Shinzy's kind support)

Thanks Man
Maybe You know "T`s Mod", add a few improvent with new floor, beds and few others

E:

@TheGrover - research construction on high level, first door are from beginning are from log, second are from wood and metal, but without power, next are with the power

Leird

I just wanted to hear if it was right that 5 cotton gives you 10 cloth. I'm thinking it should be the other way around?

Abrexus

Quote from: Leird on September 07, 2014, 01:25:13 PM
I just wanted to hear if it was right that 5 cotton gives you 10 cloth. I'm thinking it should be the other way around?

It originally was that way, but based on some feedback I changed it around.  I'm open to changing it back though if you find the balance a bit off.