[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

bluestrike15

Torches are burning out again... WHY! Whats the code for them in this version or is it still the same?

LZPanzer

it may be just me but the rate at which a single brewery creates etenal seems a bit low. ive got two good cook (6,9) cooking etenol all the time and they barely manage to keep up with my 3 gas generators rate of consumption( all three are fed from one hopper.

nacker1776

Abrexus

Quote from: CosmicKobal on August 28, 2014, 10:49:24 PM
Due to the Poll being closed, I'll answer it here if that's alright. I Absolutely like the shooting range. Once I have my production optimized, there isn't a whole lot of excess hauling going on and a base can only get SO clean before my colonists have nothing left to do. The shooting range helps with that. It would be great if there was some kind of leisure activitie for your colonists. A basketball court or something. It could fulfill the same purpose as the wine in that if your colonist is having a REALLY bad day, he can go blow off some steam.It would balance in that, instead of needing to be crafted and take up a small amount of storage space like the wine, it would instead be a 1 time construction that takes up a decent amount of space but requires no crafting or upkeep after that. or maybe some kind of books on tape could be played at the desk just like the skill tapes. only difference is that instead of it training your skill it will give you a mood modifier.

While on the topic of the tapes, I've never ONCE gotten a crafter high enough to be able to make power armor. I think the tapes should provide more than a measly 1000 exp points. The only power armor I can ever use is what I'm able to salvage... One last thing. It would be convenient if your colonist would automatically strip a corpse before turning it into soylent green. I accidentally wasted a power armor before I realized this.

ooooooone more thing. It would be nice to be able to lockdown my base somehow. if there could be an option to LOCK Blast doors for example, so that colonists can't go out and attract raiders, or friendly visitors can't swarm my base and start dying all over the place, that would be great.

some kind of passive offense like electrified doors would be pretty cool as well. say for example a boomrat goes insane, it can kill itself against your electrified door instead of having to send a colonist out to get burned.

Great feedback!  I will be doing a pass on all the EXP gains and try to balance them a bit better to allow for easier skill gains.  One thing of note is a pawn who does not have at least a passion in a skill, only gains 30% of the amount normally gained.  So for example, if you set the gain at 100 exp, they will only gain 30.  That's hardcoded into the game, and I'm not sure I want to tackle changing that.  I will however see about upping the exp gains, especially from tapes and items.

I will be adding more items like the shooting range that can be used to max various skills.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and now that I know it's working as intended adding new items is much easier.

As for stripping, then using the soylent green machine, I would have to write a new workgiver script, and I'm not quite that good with C# yet.  It's something to look into though.

I will be adding the options to lock doors in the next update, along with walls that are already constructed being auto updated to power walls when the research is complete so you don't have to go back and rebuild them to add conduits.

Abrexus

Quote from: nacker1776 on August 28, 2014, 11:32:19 PM
New drag able tables don't have a gathering point.

That's on purpose.  The reasoning will become evident in the next update.  The bar is a gather spot, and also a storage area for the wine.  The problem with the code and gather spots is if you have too many of them the colonists never actually gather, but rather randomly wander between them.

Abrexus

Quote from: bluestrike15 on August 28, 2014, 11:20:04 PM
Torches are burning out again... WHY! Whats the code for them in this version or is it still the same?

Torches are lights that require no power and for balance reasons burn out after 15 mins (real time, not game time).  I may extend that time for you in the next update.  If you want to stop them from burning out, remove the <tickerType>Normal</tickerType> line from the Building_FurnitureL.xml file for the torches, they wont burn out.

CosmicKobal

What about Gear that increases a trait only while worn? A power armor helmet could increase shooting by 2 or 3 due to a HUD. or maybe even Cybernetic implants that require 18 crafting and a certain amount of 'downtime' for the colonist to 'recover' from the installation surgery. this way you could add a trait or two to a colonist. you would need a colonist with a HIGH level of medicine as well to do the surgery and it would also occupy a Healing pod for say... 5 days of game time. These implants would count as traits and would be limited to no more than 3 per colonist. 1 trait and 2 implants, 2 traits and 1 implant, etc.

'Happy Chip' - when stress levels reach critical levels(i.e. when a mental break is imminent), this implant releases Oxytocin,Seratonin,Dopamine and endorphins into your colonists brain.

'Bionic Legs' - 50% percent increase to movement speed.

'Bionic arms' - 25% increase to melee damage and 20% faster constructions.

'Automated metabolism' - Colonist needs 20 percent less food.

Integrated tazer - 30% higher chance to incapacitate.

Night Vision - No penalty to being in the dark.

I'm sure that I'll think of more. If you think this has any merit, let me know and I'll keep a running list of new traits/implants/ etc

Abrexus

Quote from: CosmicKobal on August 29, 2014, 12:00:41 AM
I'm sure that I'll think of more. If you think this has any merit, let me know and I'll keep a running list of new traits/implants/ etc

I should get you to write my flavor text :)

We actually considered a missing parts replacement system for version 2, but it appears that alpha 7 is going to include cybernetics and body part replacement.  Currently the list for a pawns missing parts appears to be read only, and we tried for 3 days to see if we could get it to remove or replace missing parts, but eventually gave up.  I would at this point wait to see what alpha 7 brings us.

CosmicKobal

I appreciate the thought :). If you're at all serious, I would love to be a part of this mod.

Something that I think would be relatively quick and easy to implement(with my limited knowledge of the games systems); a Battle Serum that rapidly coagulates blood when exposed to atmosphere (prevents bleeding out), Increases movement speed by Hyper-oxygenating the blood and tissues, increases Melee damage and increases percentage of crippling hits(and Headshots) with melee and shooting by inducing a primal Rage.

Ingredients could be 1 mushroom, 3 agave gel, 20 silver, 5 Soylent green and the pink flower thing used to make medkits whose name escapes me right now, lol.

The capabilities of this Battle Serum could be balanced by the fact that most hits are more fatal and less debilitating than without the serum. this would mean few(to no) prisoners in exchange for actually surviving the battle. The affected colonist wouldn't be able to be undrafted until The Serum wore off; Itwould only last 3 minutes of game time, so stockpiles would need to be strategically placed to maximize effectiveness. There would also be a Negative mood modifier after coming down off of the Serum. possibly even have 'Serum Poisoning' as a medical condition that needs to be treated after using the Serum.

Quote from: Abrexus on August 29, 2014, 12:11:57 AM
Quote from: CosmicKobal on August 29, 2014, 12:00:41 AM

I should get you to write my flavor text :)

We actually considered a missing parts replacement system for version 2, but it appears that alpha 7 is going to include cybernetics and body part replacement.  Currently the list for a pawns missing parts appears to be read only, and we tried for 3 days to see if we could get it to remove or replace missing parts, but eventually gave up.  I would at this point wait to see what alpha 7 brings us.

Mitrophan

Many thanks for the mod! Have you ever thought about how to make the electricity consumption of machine tools during the creation of objects? In life, it is so.

Sorry for the Google transliteration ((

Abrexus

Quote from: sensiman on August 28, 2014, 01:26:05 AM
on another thought,trying the various aspect of the mod,i think there is a slight error on how the chemlab works. once someone works on it  he will not go for eating or sleep, to the point of starvation and exhaustion. i work around it was to draft and undraft him momentarily(which usually works when you need a task cancelled)

Well, I tested this a bit in the game I'm playing now and I was able to duplicate the problem.  The only difference between the chemlab recipes and the other crafting recipes is that they give medical EXP.  I may test it by changing the EXP back to crafting to see if the issue resolves itself.  If so, then the problem is with the code in the game that may not be setup to handle non crafting/cooking recipes.  I'll see what I can come up with.

CounterFact

Quote from: Abrexus on August 29, 2014, 08:52:29 AM
on another thought,trying the various aspect of the mod,i think there is a slight error on how the chemlab works. once someone works on it  he will not go for eating or sleep, to the point of starvation and exhaustion. i work around it was to draft and undraft him momentarily(which usually works when you need a task cancelled)

Well, I tested this a bit in the game I'm playing now and I was able to duplicate the problem.  The only difference between the chemlab recipes and the other crafting recipes is that they give medical EXP.  I may test it by changing the EXP back to crafting to see if the issue resolves itself.  If so, then the problem is with the code in the game that may not be setup to handle non crafting/cooking recipes.  I'll see what I can come up with.

I have noticed something similar. The colonist I set as doctor prioritizes healing people (doctoring) over taking care of himself (not eating/sleeping). Maybe making the crafting of those recipes 'medical', made it so that this too becomes priority over pretty much anything as it's treated with the same priority as doctoring. Maybe adding eating/sleeping to the 'patient' tag in the priority tab would solve this (or manual task to go eat/sleep).
Another annoying consequence is that it's not possible to lower the priority of crafting stim gel and medkits, unless you also lower the priority of healing people (doctoring).
Putting medkits and stims on equal standing with stone blocks and the other crafting items would give good gameplay. But maybe you could try adding crafting medkits and stims to the research thing. Chemestry and research is closely related I think. :)

Abrexus

Quote from: CounterFact on August 29, 2014, 10:43:19 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on August 29, 2014, 08:52:29 AM

I have noticed something similar. The colonist I set as doctor prioritizes healing people (doctoring) over taking care of himself (not eating/sleeping). Maybe making the crafting of those recipes 'medical', made it so that this too becomes priority over pretty much anything as it's treated with the same priority as doctoring. Maybe adding eating/sleeping to the 'patient' tag in the priority tab would solve this (or manual task to go eat/sleep).
Another annoying consequence is that it's not possible to lower the priority of crafting stim gel and medkits, unless you also lower the priority of healing people (doctoring).
Putting medkits and stims on equal standing with stone blocks and the other crafting items would give good gameplay. But maybe you could try adding crafting medkits and stims to the research thing. Chemestry and research is closely related I think. :)

I agree with your assessment that it treats it with the same priority as healing a patient.  As for making the change you request, that would be altering the actual game code itself and I am hesitant to do that.  That's something Tynan himself would be better qualified to address.

Adding it to research however is an excellent idea.  Look for that in the next patch.

daft73

Taishimoonshadow

For some reason I get an error involving terrain and the screen was white when I installed this and tried to load up my save any idea how to fix this. I also get several big errors when I try to make a new save.