[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

Leird

Quote from: Abrexus on September 07, 2014, 02:56:55 PM
Quote from: Leird on September 07, 2014, 01:25:13 PM
I just wanted to hear if it was right that 5 cotton gives you 10 cloth. I'm thinking it should be the other way around?

It originally was that way, but based on some feedback I changed it around.  I'm open to changing it back though if you find the balance a bit off.

I think that 10 cotton should give you 5 cloth, as that would make alot more sense. So if you've changed it to that, that's perfect!

MrWashingToad

Is there a way to show the amounts in-game at the crafting tables for the recipes? Would help to know right there how much of each item is needed to make stuff.

Edit: Can you integrate the colonist only doors in next version upgrade? Just started a new colony, and not 2 minutes after landing about 15 visitors came past and ate all my ration packs right off the bat. Walked right in my room I had just moved them to, and ate every one of them.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Abrexus

Quote from: Tasher on September 07, 2014, 07:04:34 PM
Is there a way to show the amounts in-game at the crafting tables for the recipes? Would help to know right there how much of each item is needed to make stuff.

Edit: Can you integrate the colonist only doors in next version upgrade? Just started a new colony, and not 2 minutes after landing about 15 visitors came past and ate all my ration packs right off the bat. Walked right in my room I had just moved them to, and ate every one of them.

Colonist only doors is integrated in 2.11 - I know it's working because those pesky colonists really get on my nerves and they haven't been bothering me since it was added :)

On a grand note.....Haplo has graciously accepted my offer to integrate Miscellaneous with MAI mod, so expect to see that very soon!

LZPanzer

so i tired out the new training dummies. my thoughts on them, in short really over powered.

in about 2 in game days one colonist trained his shooting from a 5 to an 11(he had a passion multiplier of 1.5)

rather than a straight nerf to the training equipment i suggest a stepped aproach.Ie for really low skill pawns they should train really fast. say from skill level 0-6 it trains that skill as fast as it does currently. At levels 6-10 it goes at 75% of current rate. Levels 10-15 goes at 50% rate and levels 15-20 goes 25% the current rate.( you can only perform cpr on that dummy so many times before there is nothing left to learn)

with a stepped aproach you can re train a colonist to be usable in a field relativly quickly but for them to master the field takes a while. ie you just suffered a huge raid and your doc died you have casualties you need a medic fast. the doc that died would have had a 15 or so medicine but your new  replacement medic in a day could have 5 or 6 med with depending on his passion.

CosmicKobal

Once I reach year 2, my colonists started to exhibit strange behavior;

They would become hungry, pick up some soylent green, and then walk around while holding the soylent green and slowly starving to death. drafting the colonist doesn't make them drop the soylent green and they eventually either go insane/die. Once they die, their body veeery slowly starts sliding across the map towards the upper right corner. Insane animals will then focus on this sliding corpse and try to kill it until they themselves die of starvation... 0_o

EDIT: If I try to arrest the starving colonist at that point, he simply disapears... no where on the map or my roster. his weapon and gear are gone as well.

EDIT: correction, The colonist disapears and in unselectable, but IS still in my roster

EDIT: I have 50 colonists at this point if that helps?

wtf?

JuiceBox

Why don't my colonists gather silver? Do I need to make a separate zone or storage? Its not even listed in the Zone which makes me think I do but WHAT... WHHHHHHAT? haha sorry i'm searching but can't find anything maybe due to it having to be researched?

JuiceBox

^^^^^^^^^^^ I take this back I figured it out. :) Nice mod I like it.. let me log more hours.

Spotty

I'm having issues finding where to craft sand. The stonecutter's workbench only has cut stone, statues, and loose rock options. Am I doing something wrong here? Aside from this hang up I'm really enjoying the mod, it's really opened up the game and given it a more natural flow to a small group of crash survivors.

Abrexus

Quote from: Spotty on September 10, 2014, 02:45:23 AM
I'm having issues finding where to craft sand. The stonecutter's workbench only has cut stone, statues, and loose rock options. Am I doing something wrong here? Aside from this hang up I'm really enjoying the mod, it's really opened up the game and given it a more natural flow to a small group of crash survivors.

It sounds like there may be a mod conflict.  The stonecutter's bench from SC doesn't have statues, so whatever mod you have that adds that is most likely the culprit.

tovs

Hi!

Gotta say, I love your mod. Gives a whole new level of gameplay.
However, I want to start a Cannibal colony (evil laugh), so all those pesky bandits can be of some use.

It seems like you can't butcher humans with the Food prep station, though?

CosmicKobal

By researching one of the food replicator techs, it unlocks the Protein extractor as well. you make a bill with the protein extractor and any colonist with the cooking work enabled will make soylent green out of ANY non-forbidden humanoid corpse. I recommend SAVING the soylent green in the early game to sell to slave traders and agricultural traders for 3 silver each(each body makes 75 Soylent Green). Only eat it in the late game. Eventually you will be making so much soylent green that you wont even need to grow food anymore.

tovs

Quote from: CosmicKobal on September 10, 2014, 07:08:14 PM
By researching one of the food replicator techs, it unlocks the Protein extractor as well. you make a bill with the protein extractor and any colonist with the cooking work enabled will make soylent green out of ANY non-forbidden humanoid corpse. I recommend SAVING the soylent green in the early game to sell to slave traders and agricultural traders for 3 silver each(each body makes 75 Soylent Green). Only eat it in the late game. Eventually you will be making so much soylent green that you wont even need to grow food anymore.

OK, so there is a way to use those bandits. However, will my colonists receive the mood boost from being a Cannibal if they eat the Soylent Green made by humans?

CosmicKobal

Quote from: tovs on September 11, 2014, 01:21:20 AM
Quote from: CosmicKobal on September 10, 2014, 07:08:14 PM

OK, so there is a way to use those bandits. However, will my colonists receive the mood boost from being a Cannibal if they eat the Soylent Green made by humans?

No flippin clue :)

Redrabbitromp

How do you get sand in this mod?  I can't figure it out.  I'm not in desert biome if that matters.

TheGrover

Quote from: Redrabbitromp on September 12, 2014, 10:08:41 AM
How do you get sand in this mod?  I can't figure it out.  I'm not in desert biome if that matters.

use the stonecutters table or powered workbench, theres a bill to create sand (uses rock chunks). if theres no option, there may be a conflict between some mods installed